Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato

Not gameplay, just background, setting scene, building the lore and fleshing it out, the basis of the original games history, since it is still in the prequel world we live.

Superb

THIS IS HOW PROMETHEUS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LINDELHOF YOU HACK!
When you have lore and back history, you flesh it out, you build upon it, you make it a drama.

Caporegime
Loved that gameplay trailer, loved that back story. Can't wait now, am getting pretty hyped. One of the few pre-orders I've ever made!

^Yep would love for Tong to make a re-appearance.

Soldato
The thing I like about this, is within the original game, Deus Ex, there were lots of little bits of history to read, backstory, a building to let you know how we got to the point we were at.

JC was something new, a new line, for future tech after the disasters of the past, while the world was being manipulated from several directions all at once.

To go back, in throw in prequels, has to be done well, and done within the lore, and for the most part they have succeeded royally.
Given the worlds issues now and at the moment, that little segregation section and video they made is superb.

Hope the game is as good as it looks, with a storyline as vast as the original.

Soldato
The original Deus ex is probably my favourite game of all time. I was gutted that the sequel turned out to be a complete stinker. Despite a few design decisions I didn't like, the third Deus ex was pretty good and this new one looks similarly good.

Looking forward to it.

Soldato
Absolutely loved the mechanical apartheid video, would be great to have a film alongside the game. I've had HR for years now and never got around to playing it. Maybe it's time finally :D

Soldato
it's very interesting (compared to that boring DOOM game), but of course it aint really a shooter is it :cool:

Deux Ex gets much better later on as he levels up, but right now he's very slow and weak... i'm doing all the side missions this time around, so i can level him up quicker.

Associate
it's very interesting (compared to that boring DOOM game), but of course it aint really a shooter is it :cool:

Deux Ex gets much better later on as he levels up, but right now he's very slow and weak... i'm doing all the side missions this time around, so i can level him up quicker.

I didn't realise the characters name was "Deux Ex" :D

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0_PQVOqjw

it looks a much more complicated game but i bet you wont get these upgrades till much later on :mad:.......this is the big problem with Deux Ex, it takes far too long to upgrade him and until that point he's pretty useless and no good in a hard fight

right now i'm about 1/2 way through and he still cant sprint for more than 2 seconds, he cant jump and has no strength in his arms, this is because i've had to put his upgrades into health and weapons first and this takes hours of gameplay.

i dont like this in modern games because it spoils the first 2/3 of the game, FEAR had this right, the guy you play must be fully mobile from the start, because the present Augmentation system in Deux Ex doesn't work, because he's way too sluggish for far too long.

Permabanned
I loved HR except for the boss fights

The way they did them is the problem.

Dues Ex remake - Fight in a locked room until one of you drops dead.

Dues Ex - Battle over the entire level, or use kill phrase, or simply run away and fight another day.

I really do miss the original Dues Ex. Wish I could wipe my memory because these remakes are nothing in comparison. Not saying they're bad, just no where near as good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom