Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
Will I lose much if I jump into this without playing Human Revolution?

I'm kinda ashamed to say this but I've never played a Deus Ex game in my life, even though I've always been intrigued by the franchise. All of it just slipped by for some reason, don't kill me;p

Well you can pick up HR for less then the cost of a pint, and just blast through it if you have the time.

I think playing the previous games gives a truer understanding and appreciation of the world that has been created within DE.

Soldato
Will I lose much if I jump into this without playing Human Revolution?

I'm kinda ashamed to say this but I've never played a Deus Ex game in my life, even though I've always been intrigued by the franchise. All of it just slipped by for some reason, don't kill me;p

I tried HR when it came out and initially couldnt get into it. Few years later friend got me the Directors Cut and decided to stick it out. It starts slow in my opinion but it is worth it!

Anyway, can't decide between £28 for the cdkey or shopto for £30 to just get the box...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just pre-ordered Deus Ex: Black Light paperback :D

It is a prequel to Mankind Divided. They should have released it by now though so we can read and be prepared. I guess I will read it after completing the game before I start my 2nd playthrough :)

As I recall Icarus Effect was not bad, hope this one is better though.

Suspended
I'm probably going to play through HR again - that'll give me a way of killing some time waiting for the first patch to come out.

Seriously, I can't work out why so many people are so keen to play things on first release when there are inevitably game-breaking bugs included! :eek:

Associate
I'm probably going to play through HR again - that'll give me a way of killing some time waiting for the first patch to come out.

Seriously, I can't work out why so many people are so keen to play things on first release when there are inevitably game-breaking bugs included! :eek:

I think a lot it is feeling part of the 'moment', playing the 'big thing' - everyones talking about it on forums etc. swapping stories and strategies/tips etc. I'm usually way behind on playing games after they've released, but I have my exceptions for franchises I love, recent examples Witcher 3 and this.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I would normally agree with you, but there are a few games where you just don't want to wait as you are or have been waiting a long time to play it. This game is certainly one of them and I am not going to let a few bugs get in my way. Besides I will probably play this games 4-5 times over the next couple of years, so it will get played with patches too :p

I do wait for most games though. I get to pick them up for less than half price and at the same time with it being all patched up. Recently I picked up Just Cause 3 for £9.99 and thoroughly enjoyed that :D

Associate
I might just do that and get MD later on. How long is HR, more or less?

Averages from howlongtobeat.com

Main story - 21 hours
Main + extras - 29.5 hours
Completionist - 41 hours

Missing Link DLC (included in Director's Cut version)

Main story - 4.5 hours
Main + extras - 6 hours
Completion - 7 hours

Soldato
Averages from howlongtobeat.com

Main story - 21 hours
Main + extras - 29.5 hours
Completionist - 41 hours

Missing Link DLC (included in Director's Cut version)

Main story - 4.5 hours
Main + extras - 6 hours
Completion - 7 hours

Thanks mate:) Should've just checked myself later, sorry for the trouble.

It's quite lengthy, I don't think I'll be able to complete it since I'm currently devoting my daily hour of gaming time to Hitman challenges:p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just pre-ordered from GMG. Are keys being sent out prior to release?

I was wondering this too. But I think it is safe to say we will get it someday during next week. If no word by Friday, I will contact them, as I want it preloaded so I am locked and loaded on release :D

Associate
No Man's Sky is crap! :p

Anyway... really looking forward to this. I enjoyed HR and it sounds like they took player feedback from it very seriously when developing MD. I think a lot will depend on the games pacing and story with regards to just how good it'll be.

I'm especially looking forward to building a reserve weapon stash and keeping it at home on bed again :), hopefully that's still possible.

Permabanned
Finished playing Directors Cut. Wow man I hope they sort the AI out. I spent most of the game just hiding behind a box shooting stuff in the head with my pistol.

And I used to whore energy cells in the old game. I literally had 0 use for them in this. I punched people and smashed holes in walls, that's it.

Game was a cakewalk even on hardest difficulty.

Couldn't tell you anything about the story. Didn't find it gripping at all, unlike the first one which I haven't played in years and remember everything.

The presentation is really exceptionally though.

7/10

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This game is really going under the radar. I think all the noise from No Man's Sky has drowned it out. I didn't realise it was out in 10 days.

Yeah. Surprised by the lack of interest. Currently it is the only game I care about and really look forward to. Next one will probably be Dishonored 2 at the end of the year.

Oh and I agree, never understood the appeal in No Man's Sky from the beginning. Procedurally generated stuff is never really that good. Just look at Elite. Boring after a while.

Man of Honour
Couldn't tell you anything about the story. Didn't find it gripping at all, unlike the first one which I haven't played in years and remember everything.

That is one difference I do notice - HR I know basically what the story is sort of while the original I remember every twist and turn and a fair bit of the nuance and side stuff as well even today.

I don't remember a single bit of dialogue from HR while I still remember a lot of it from the original.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm surprised with all these remasterings going on that no-one has begun one for the original Deus Ex. It would look lovely if it was updated like Black Mesa did to Half Life.

Man of Honour
There are a couple of mods that have tried to improve the original - Revision and GMDX - I am surprised there hasn't been a HD remaster by now but then again it is a pretty complex indepth game so even something like that is a lot more work than it would seem at first.

GMDX is also trying to add in a lot of the cut content as best they can recreate it but that is a long way off I believe.

Back
Top Bottom