Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
There's always YT compression to think about but yeah, on the surface of it there is a pretty big leap in some scenes between Medium and High but between High and Ultra (as per usual in my opinion) there is barely any difference at a huge FPS cost.

I wonder if Nvidia will release a tweak guide for this game, always find those really handy.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I started playing through again about a month back, but I found it a chore tbh(I have previously played it a few times and I do love it)

Are there mods for the following do you know? -

Unlimited sprint
Unlimited takedowns
No Fall damage

3 ridiculous and very 'gamey' things in the game that are incredibly poorly designed imo and make no sense...If they aren't changed in MD I will be disappointed.

Not bothered by Unlimited sprint or take downs. But the fall damage was a bit silly. It is a game after all :p

A guy on another forum I go on got it early and says that there is a 12 minute video included within Mankind Divided itself to get you up to date with the story in Human Revolution.

Good to know, I will watch that too ;)

Saw PC benchmarks..If believe them,game is very heavy,even for Pascal owners :(
Now i see where those PC requirements coming from.Probably gonna be big day 1 patch,but still..

Brace yourself !!
EDIT: Day 1 patch is ~4Gb on PS4,so we can expect something for PC as well.
My main concern is that they using Hitman engine,which is not quite brilliant

Any optimisations I am happy with :)

PC Low vs. Medium vs. High vs. Ultra PC Graphics Comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uxM3vyClY

uh oh :D

Aw gawd! It looks like I will have to play on High in order to play 4K. That said the main difference seems to be shadows between high and ultra, maybe some textures too.

I think I will be okay with most on ultra, but things like shadows on high and probably no AA. But got 8GB VRAM so might as well have textures on ultra as long as there is not a huge impact on performance.

Ideally I want it to go no lower than 30fps at 4K.

There's always YT compression to think about but yeah, on the surface of it there is a pretty big leap in some scenes between Medium and High but between High and Ultra (as per usual in my opinion) there is barely any difference at a huge FPS cost.

I wonder if Nvidia will release a tweak guide for this game, always find those really handy.

Yea, those are nice. But it is usually the same things that make impact on performance anyway, so not hard to guess if they do not release one, being that it is an AMD game :p

Associate
Is it more open-world compared to it's predecessor? The Polygon review seemed to allude that there were no load times and you could freely travel between each district.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Here is my guess of what I will be using to get between 30-60fps in 4K with my system:

rpBy3gZ.png

Not sure what Contact Harding is or how much fps it will cost, may stay on in the end. Also not sure about Temporal Antialiasing and that will likely be off as Antialiasing is off anyway. But may try and get away with 2x AA if it is jaggies galore at 4K, which I think it maybe, as I remember HR had lots of jaggies.

Soldato
Haha,not using any cheap sorta mods,not my style :p

fair enough, but I would say it is the mechanics that are cheap!

Not bothered by Unlimited sprint or take downs. But the fall damage was a bit silly. It is a game after all :p

I just find them really annoying. Not being able to sprint more than 5 yards without Jensen being out of breath is ridiculous...and it doesn't make the game any harder, it is seemingly just there to annoy! As for takedowns, it is equally ridiculous that Jensen can punch someone in the face, then go to someone else and is then unable to and has to wait 10 seconds...He is supposed to be a supersoldier! I really find this kind of inconsistency frustrating in games. To my knowledge, no other game does mele combat like this...and for good reason!

Performance will kind of depend on how you play the game. I will be perfectly happy to lose a few frames for increased eye-candy, as I will not be playing it as a fast-paced FPS, I will be crawling most places and doing very little shooting!

Last edited:
Suspended
If it's the latest Glacier engine, then it should look pretty smart.

The latest Hitman ran pretty weird with DX11 SLI though - I actually found DX12 mode to be a bit more consistent in terms of framerate even though SLI is disabled, so it's a shame the game isn't shipping with DX12.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just find them really annoying. Not being able to sprint more than 5 yards without Jensen being out of breath is ridiculous...and it doesn't make the game any harder, it is seemingly just there to annoy! As for takedowns, it is equally ridiculous that Jensen can punch someone in the face, then go to someone else and is then unable to and has to wait 10 seconds...He is supposed to be a supersoldier! I really find this kind of inconsistency frustrating in games. To my knowledge, no other game does mele combat like this...and for good reason!

I know what you mean, but usually I try not to let things like that get in the way if possible. I just think, it is a game and if it is one that I am enjoying, then all is forgiven and forgotten. With Deus Ex I am way to engrossed in the game and story to care for instance.

Performance will kind of depend on how you play the game. I will be perfectly happy to lose a few frames for increased eye-candy, as I will not be playing it as a fast-paced FPS, I will be crawling most places and doing very little shooting!

Exactly! Difference for me is, I will be crawling AND shooting! :p

I will likely turn on any eye-candy I can see the difference between on as long as I can maintain 30fps minimum :D

Associate

Going by that I'm pretty confident I'll be able to play on high at 1440p with the 1070. Probably get away with putting a few settings at ultra e.g. texture quality, texture filtering, screen space reflections. I think what's largely killing the framerate at ultra is probably the 4x MSAA.

Soldato

Ultra seems to have better AO enabled, soft shadows, slightly better long distance LoD and the occasional texture upgrade that is basically only noticeable on close inspection.

All for almost 2x the performance cost in most situations.

Seems like High + better AO would probably give the best bang-for-buck while still retaining good fidelity. Maybe Ultra textures as well depending on how much they cost in vRAM.

EDIT: Ah ok, seen the chart above now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what Contact Harding is or how much fps it will cost
Contact Hardening is much like Nvidia's Percent Soft Shadows. Basically, the nearer an object is that is casting a shadow, the 'harder' the shadow will be, while it softens up the further away from the object it gets. Like it would in real life.

So far, this kind of thing has usually come with a pretty hefty cost in performance, but who knows what sort of implementation they're using here.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Praaaaaaaaaaaaise Da Lowd...* Ma Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe Edition Key has finally arrived! :D:p:D

Should be all downloaded in 1 hour. Looking on the steam dlc section, there are 11 items there :D

Contact Hardening is much like Nvidia's Percent Soft Shadows. Basically, the nearer an object is that is casting a shadow, the 'harder' the shadow will be, while it softens up the further away from the object it gets. Like it would in real life.

So far, this kind of thing has usually come with a pretty hefty cost in performance, but who knows what sort of implementation they're using here.

Thanks for that info dude. I think I will likely be leaving that off then :p

* I am not religious.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
LSQQRav.png

First set of weekly puzzles is out on Deus Ex GO. Just finished them. Got all 4 available Praxis points now. Will get the last one once the second puzzle comes out :D

Pighardia, if I were you I would put the bonus Praxis points into sprint and energy bars to help fix the game a bit for you from the start :p

But for me they will be going into JUMP! :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just found out the game takes roughly 30 hours to complete including all side quests and exploring properly. I think HR was like 40 :(

I was expecting a longer game, not shorter... Feels like they made 40-50 hours of game, then split it up into DLC also. My guess anyway. Considering 5 YEARS have passed, was hoping for 50+ hours.

Will still get 100 hours out of the game at least, so not a huge deal, but still. I love the story and want more of it is all :p

Soldato
I just found out the game takes roughly 30 hours to complete including all side quests and exploring properly. I think HR was like 40 :(

I was expecting a longer game, not shorter... Feels like they made 40-50 hours of game, then split it up into DLC also. My guess anyway. Considering 5 YEARS have passed, was hoping for 50+ hours.

Will still get 100 hours out of the game at least, so not a huge deal, but still. I love the story and want more of it is all :p

Wasn't it originally designed to be an episodic release like Hitman, then due to backlash SE wisely reneged.

They might of stitched parts together and, as you suggest, broke others off to feed the season pass monster.

Back
Top Bottom