Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
Folks, I'm stuck on the Samizdat side mission where you need to get into the CEO Ashani Talwar's office in the Palisade bank and retrieve a file. For some reason I cannot hack the door panel, does anyone know the key code for it? I've Googled or it but can't find one which works :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Folks, I'm stuck on the Samizdat side mission where you need to get into the CEO Ashani Talwar's office in the Palisade bank and retrieve a file. For some reason I cannot hack the door panel, does anyone know the key code for it? I've Googled or it but can't find one which works :(

Don't recall the code, but I can say there is more than one way of getting in there ;)

Soldato
Took a long break off from this did an hour or so other night reached mission 14 which I think is last act anyway. Gonna say I do love this game but human revolution was better

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished it now stand by what i said earlier first one is much better, I enjoyed my run through of this but it wont get another one as just didnt enjoy it enough.

Soldato
Just played this in DX12 for the first time. Wow, it's so much smoother, surprised at the difference. Seemed to be decent fps gains too. So much better playing the game without the slowdowns. Gameplay is great.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just finished it now stand by what i said earlier first one is much better, I enjoyed my run through of this but it wont get another one as just didnt enjoy it enough.

I agree, even though MD is better in many ways, overall HR is better.

Just played this in DX12 for the first time. Wow, it's so much smoother, surprised at the difference. Seemed to be decent fps gains too. So much better playing the game without the slowdowns. Gameplay is great.

If you want even more fps, turn off Contact Hardening Shadows. That makes a huge difference to my fps. I go from high twenties to mid forties in fps with just turning that off :)

Soldato
Went back to this yesterday only to discover steam no longer thought it was installed. Game files still there though. Re downloaded and it seemed to only partially do this. Once playable I was left with about 25gb more space on my ssd...

Tried dx12 and performance seemed good, although with everything at its max bar reflections to on and contact hardening shadows to on I saw up to 7.2gb vram being used at 1440p. RAM was at just over 9gb. Highest use of both by default in a game I've seen by a long way.

Man of Honour
If you want even more fps, turn off Contact Hardening Shadows. That makes a huge difference to my fps. I go from high twenties to mid forties in fps with just turning that off :)

Dunno about DX12 but in DX11 contact hardening shadows are a bit bugged and only enhance the visuals really in large open spaces - in enclosed spaces they look like they are all melted together with odd looking edges and the wrong blend order.

Soldato
I started playing this the other night and I'm just not feeling it. Weird because I loved HR.

Is it possible to stealth the sandstorm part and save Singh? I don't seem to be able to so rage quit.

Man of Honour
I'm not really feeling the game either - just play bits and pieces now and again and a long way from finishing it - somehow I just find the game unapproachable partly due to the mess of menu and UI options - while HR I just dropped straight into. Nothing just seems to click for me with this game.

Soldato
I'm not really feeling the game either - just play bits and pieces now and again and a long way from finishing it - somehow I just find the game unapproachable partly due to the mess of menu and UI options - while HR I just dropped straight into. Nothing just seems to click for me with this game.

This is just personal taste and I know it's controversial but I'm just not a fan of the city. Not for any technical reason and I even appreciate the artistic design and effort that's gone into it...I just feel that Prague was an odd choice given the previous games' locations. It doesn't help that I have never really been overly fond of Eastern European/Soviet backdrops...that level of grey/bleakness they connote doesn't do it for me.

Prague to me felt technically proficient but lacked a Deus-Ex atmosphere. I think part of this will be my preconceptions of what I think Deus Ex should be stylistically but it also felt cold. I also really did not like that so much of the game was in daylight...that sounds so stupid because there is no reason this game needs to be set at night.

that and the story was lacking but I already said that.

Soldato
I completed it the game was an ok...I did not enjoy it much as the previous titles it lacked soul and felt empty. The city/map design was not great not to mention the ending.....

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Come to think about it, you guys are right, Prague is not a good fit at all for Deus Ex. They should stick to USA and China past games. London could be fun, but only as one of say 3-4 hubs. Not as a single big hub like they did with Prague. Also Japan would probably fit too :)

Going to start playing it again for the 4th time shortly myself :p

Soldato
Started playing this yesterday and was trying to remember why I didn't like the previous game. The premises of the story is the kind of thing I'm to.... However within 20 mins of this game I remember what I don't like.

I can't get on with the movement system. The whole space-bar to go between cover to cover. It's awkward and unintuitive and wonky in this game.

This is going to be painful. I need to spend more time in the training sections to try and get the hand if it.

Back
Top Bottom