Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I only went through the game once. I enjoyed it, but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, I don't feel compelled to replay it. I feel exactly the same about Fallout 4, and in both cases I have multiple completed play throughs of their predecessors. Also, I get the feeling that we'll be waiting several years until we see any meaningful conclusion to DE.

Soldato
I started playing this the other night and I'm just not feeling it. Weird because I loved HR.

Is it possible to stealth the sandstorm part and save Singh? I don't seem to be able to so rage quit.

Yea rush stealth to the helicopter, find n push the button that disables it.

Soldato
I have just started playing it.

Doesn't have the same excitement about it that the others did so far. Early days though.

Associate
Yes it does the bare minimum for a Deus Ex game (story and locations), which is very disappointing since it was 5 years since HR and had the foundation already done. Selling pieces of the storyline separate is selling out and I never thought i'd say that about a Deus Ex game. They need to understand the audience which plays their game won't tolerate mediocre dlc. I am more than willing to pay for dlc but it shouldn't come at the cost of the main game and should be a whole new environment.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Currently on my 4th playthrough. I am enjoy taking it slow again and enjoying the graphics and art style. On my first playthrough I played it slow to explore everywhere and hack everything etc playing a mixture of of stealth/killing. The second playthrough I played full stealth, I just did the main story, as I recall I was done in like 6-7 hours. Third one I think I recall killing everyone and going over a few areas I missed which was easier in the game plus mode where abilities are pretty much all unlocked from the start. Was fun using the nano blades which I never did before that.

Now after a long break I am back again. The graphics are actually better than I remember for some reason. I can see why the game is so graphically intensive. It is nice walking around slowly looking at all the stuff on the walls which I never paid much attention before. It makes you appreciate the game in a different way. The main thing graphically that stands out as not being very good is faces and animations.

Playing again I am reminded how the next game really needs to work on bringing more interesting characters, both for the main game and the side missions. Even on my 4th playthrough I am trying to read the emails when hacking machines, but I just cannot bring myself to care for these people and their story. I just enjoy hacking the machine to make sure I get any clues and codes. Lol.

Started playing this yesterday and was trying to remember why I didn't like the previous game. The premises of the story is the kind of thing I'm to.... However within 20 mins of this game I remember what I don't like.

I can't get on with the movement system. The whole space-bar to go between cover to cover. It's awkward and unintuitive and wonky in this game.

This is going to be painful. I need to spend more time in the training sections to try and get the hand if it.

I don't bother with the cover system, never did with HR either. One shot in the head is enough most of the time anyway. If I am low on HP I just run around the corner to regen, or quickly go menu and take meds :)

Also I have re-mapped all the keys to my keyboard and mouse. Maybe you should try that, it may help. Helped me a lot.

I only went through the game once. I enjoyed it, but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, I don't feel compelled to replay it. I feel exactly the same about Fallout 4, and in both cases I have multiple completed play throughs of their predecessors. Also, I get the feeling that we'll be waiting several years until we see any meaningful conclusion to DE.

I know exactly how you feel. I felt the exact same about Fallout 4. I only completed it once and could not be asked to play again, where as Fallout 3 I felt I could play it multiple times easily.

If Deus Ex was not one of my favourite franchises I would never play Mankind Divided more than once. I am not compelled to play it the way I am with the original Deus Ex which I have played many many times over the years. This will probably be the last time I ever play MD.

The last piece of DLC should be coming out soon, hopefully just in time for when I am done with my current playthrough so everything will fresh :)

Yes it does the bare minimum for a Deus Ex game (story and locations), which is very disappointing since it was 5 years since HR and had the foundation already done. Selling pieces of the storyline separate is selling out and I never thought i'd say that about a Deus Ex game. They need to understand the audience which plays their game won't tolerate mediocre dlc. I am more than willing to pay for dlc but it shouldn't come at the cost of the main game and should be a whole new environment.

Agreed. It is the least Deus Ex feeling game of the lot. I will revisit IW over the years, but never again MD.

Man of Honour
Christ I wish they would remake the original with the HR/MD Engine. They could even use all the original audio with no improvements and I'd be happy.

Instant money maker.

I'd like to see the original remade but with some of the backstory and ongoing stuff fleshed out more i.e. its in the middle of a moderately severe epidemic so I'd expect to see a bit more of that aspect, etc.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This game does not like my overclock guys.:(First Deus Ex game to play.Day 3 and enjoying it so far.

Does it constantly crash with your OC? In the past I remember it crashing OC or not. Currently I my 1070 plays it 2050MHz Core and 9200MHz memory without a problem.

Christ I wish they would remake the original with the HR/MD Engine. They could even use all the original audio with no improvements and I'd be happy.

Instant money maker.

Yeah. Instant day one purchase for me it would be.

Associate
Does it constantly crash with your OC? In the past I remember it crashing OC or not. Currently I my 1070 plays it 2050MHz Core and 9200MHz memory without a problem.

Would you believe I uninstalled Geforce experience and played 3 hours without a crash with oc on the cpu and gpu.Hope that was it.All other games are running fine.6800k & TXP+200 core +500 mem.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd like to see the original remade but with some of the backstory and ongoing stuff fleshed out more i.e. its in the middle of a moderately severe epidemic so I'd expect to see a bit more of that aspect, etc.

I mean considering the current ones are leading up to the original its not a bad idea to have the original remade though they would only release the different endings as dlc.

Soldato

Instant money maker.

Been saying for years that a Source remake would suffice for me. Not much needs changing, and the Source engine is perfectly adequate for me. I personally wouldn't like a remake in the HR/MD engine tbh.

Man of Honour
You know they'd **** it up though :(

It's a classic and at 16-17 years old it would have to be remade rather than "spruced up".

One problem would be the sheer amount of secrets and layers of meaning, etc. in the game - I doubt anyone even fully understand them all i.e. there is a really obscure bit somewhere if you use cheats to noclip through a wall and get to somewhere ahead of the actual game script it can prompt NPCs to run some dialogue about "breaking the fourth wall" in response to you. And the way it seems some of the game "bugs" are actually a developer sitting down and going - "well no one is going to want to go through the tedium of this mechanic if they are replaying it in 10 years time" and putting in a sneaky way to bypass.

Soldato
The world has moved on. It's different people making the games now, for different people that buy them, with different expectations, and paying a lot less. It's just a completely different (gaming) world. Miss the good old days? Then play the good old games. Not everyone wants to re-play the past over and over again.

Soldato
Anyone seen this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...deds-pre-order-bonus-content-now-free-for-all

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/16...d-pre-order-content-is-now-free-for-everybody

Eurogamer is reporting that the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Day One Edition DLC and Augmented Covert Agent Pack DLC are now free for everyone, whether you're playing on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC. This includes additional skins for Adam Jensen, new weapon skins, an all new mission called Desperate Measures, and extra consumables.

In the case of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the game didn't quite hit it off like 2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution did. The lack of substantial graphics upgrades, combined with the pre-order DLC fiasco, and claims of the story not fully resolving itself led to it receiving a lower Metacritic score than the first prequel and sales have been a lot lower than Human Revolution. According to Steam Spy, Mankind Divided has only moved 620,000 copies, which is kind of disappointing for a highly anticipated sequel. That's not to mention that, on Steam alone, the re-released director's cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution moved more than 1.5 million copies.

Due to the slow uptick in sales during the launch of the game, Square may have decided to throw gamers a bone and hand out the pre-order DLC for free. Whether or not this will affect any future DLC plans for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided remains to be seen.

Associate
The world has moved on. It's different people making the games now, for different people that buy them, with different expectations, and paying a lot less. It's just a completely different (gaming) world. Miss the good old days? Then play the good old games. Not everyone wants to re-play the past over and over again.

Can't argue with that, the devolution of gaming since 2003 coinciding with Xbox becoming prominent within gaming. Shame since I thought the first Deus Ex was the start of the devs pushing the limits instead it was the pinnacle.

Back
Top Bottom