Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Silly Square. Throw players a bone? They should do that by making sure the next game is not a slap in the face of their core audience. The next piece of dlc better be much better than the last. Otherwise I will be left feeling like I wasted £25 going for the digital deluxe edition paying for useless junk when I could have just got the standard game from cdkeys.

Less than a year ago Square was one of my favourite publishers. Lately they have been making bad choice after bad choice. They can forget about my full support going forward. Will just pick up the next deus ex game up as cheap as possible from a key seller.

Mankind Divided did not sell well, which is sad, but in a way I am happy to hear it. Maybe this will show them that every game has different audience and they cannot apply what works for others games into a single player game like this. If they want their next game to sell well, they need to look at how it was done over at CD Projekt. Remove the crap that is breach mode which hurt sales, give a complete game story in the main game that is of better story telling quality and make proper dlc like Witcher 3 that is fulfilling and deserving of the money. Do not cut stuff out of the main game to push as dlc!

My apologies for the rant, just hate to see square butchering one of favourite franchises and this article reminded me how they messed up MD.

Man of Honour
You know they'd **** it up though :(

It's a classic and at 16-17 years old it would have to be remade rather than "spruced up".

Agreed, a DE remaster would be too clunky for modern gamers. Aside from a brief encounter with one of the graphics mods about 5 years ago (only did tutorial and bit of Liberty Island), I haven't played it since 2004 but my suspicion is it just wouldn't work that well nowadays. People forget sparsely populated some areas are (lots of aimless trudging about like you get in 15+ year old games), how to begin with you have poor aim and limited ammo etc, how bad some of the combat AI is (DE actually has some very interesting AI/scripting but basic combat isn't one of the strengths).

A genuine remake would be interesting but there probably wouldn't be the budget for it, as you'd pretty much have to rebuild all the assets from the ground up and scale of the game is quite big.

If I had the time I'd love to replay DE properly one day but I suspect it may be one of those experiences best kept in my memory. I always regard it as being one of my top 5 favourite SP games but a bad replay experience might ruin those memories.

Caporegime
If I had the time I'd love to replay DE properly one day but I suspect it may be one of those experiences best kept in my memory. I always regard it as being one of my top 5 favourite SP games but a bad replay experience might ruin those memories.

Try the GMDX mod. :)

Caporegime
Not tried GMDX Mod yet myself. I am waiting for the version 9.0 to come out before I play it, it recently got delayed though :(

Yeah, I'll probably wait a while for the next version. Another reason is that I finished Deus Ex Revision not all that long ago as well.

Soldato
Silly Square. Throw players a bone? They should do that by making sure the next game is not a slap in the face of their core audience. The next piece of dlc better be much better than the last. Otherwise I will be left feeling like I wasted £25 going for the digital deluxe edition paying for useless junk when I could have just got the standard game from cdkeys.

Less than a year ago Square was one of my favourite publishers. Lately they have been making bad choice after bad choice. They can forget about my full support going forward. Will just pick up the next deus ex game up as cheap as possible from a key seller.

Mankind Divided did not sell well, which is sad, but in a way I am happy to hear it. Maybe this will show them that every game has different audience and they cannot apply what works for others games into a single player game like this. If they want their next game to sell well, they need to look at how it was done over at CD Projekt. Remove the crap that is breach mode which hurt sales, give a complete game story in the main game that is of better story telling quality and make proper dlc like Witcher 3 that is fulfilling and deserving of the money. Do not cut stuff out of the main game to push as dlc!

My apologies for the rant, just hate to see square butchering one of favourite franchises and this article reminded me how they messed up MD.

Looks like Elon Musk agrees with us lol :D

bit of a car crash for the interviewer though - he was useless and flapping big time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

It stands up quite well IMO though the high res texture pack / newer renderer is a mixed bag as it kind of emphasises how blocky the geometry is.

Using the inventory tricks to store more stuff and use less lockpicks/multitools help to cut tedious elements and some of the active enhancements are a bit meh now with the vanilla game being used to how gaming has progressed since.

I've played it right through about 8-9 times now since release the most recent 2015 and always found some new stuff but you really do need some time.

Soldato
I think he sums it up. In HR I felt like I was immersed in the world and part of a tangible storyline immediately.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did some research on Elon Musk after watching that. Really interesting character and great life story - good for him!

Surprised a lot of people have not heard of him actually. I highly recommend picking up his book written by Ashlee Vance, a very good read.

Oh and it seems I already watched that interview back in September when it came out, but somehow forgot about what he said about Deus Ex :)

Really hope the developers take notice of all the feedback and up their game for the next Deus Ex. But I worry that the story is probably already written for the next game or two already and they will not change it. They can still work on making better stories for NPC's though.

Soldato
I did some research on Elon Musk after watching that. Really interesting character and great life story - good for him!

Elon Musk is amazing, look what he has done. He's come a long way from being a bullied kid in South Africa. I am so buying a Tesla when they're available here, had a test drive in a Tesla in the states last year, I knew electric cars were cheaper to run and more environmentally friendly etc, but I had no idea how fast they were. The 'launch mode' is epic. Glad to hear he's a gamer too :D

Soldato
Elon Musk as a gamer also means as... someone who gets random ideas that could totally do crazy things (e.g I came up with 2nd/3rd factor authentication for computer related stuff inc web pages via a mobile phone in like... 2001. Cue a wish to shoot myself these days when it's sodding everywhere and I did nothing with it. More recently uber-amazing VR controllers - might still have some legs/worth finishing) being a gamer too doesn't mean I can't make it.
Yay.

Last edited:
Soldato
As per today what settings need to be dialled down in order to get good performance on a gtx 1080 @ 1440p? I gather MSAA should be turned off, anything else?

Back
Top Bottom