Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
Everyone who is at least tinily interested in great videogames with more interesting gameplay and narrative then your usual BS should buy Mankind Divided at this price.

Soldato
I've been playing the heck out of this for the past 2 weeks. Thoroughly enjoying it. I'm a bit sad that I heard they aren't making a new one for a few more years at least though (busy with the Marvel contracts). Still, it's a great Cyberpunk game and once I finish my 2nd playthrough I'm going to go back and play some Human Revolutions & the original. I also really like that they set it in Czechia, as it's not a location you'd see in any other game and I enjoy seeing games use other locations than the usual ones, and Europe has a lot of potential for Cyberpunk stories spread all over the continent.

Soldato
I've been playing the heck out of this for the past 2 weeks. Thoroughly enjoying it. I'm a bit sad that I heard they aren't making a new one for a few more years at least though (busy with the Marvel contracts). Still, it's a great Cyberpunk game and once I finish my 2nd playthrough I'm going to go back and play some Human Revolutions & the original. I also really like that they set it in Czechia, as it's not a location you'd see in any other game and I enjoy seeing games use other locations than the usual ones, and Europe has a lot of potential for Cyberpunk stories spread all over the continent.

Yes! I love that it takes place in Czechland (my preferred english word for my country :D ). Sure the czech language is hilariously broken on some textures, and the natives speak english with russian accent instead of czech one (there is a difference), but as unfortunate as that is, I still love the fact that it takes place here. Prague is beautiful atmospheric city that is extremely underused in games, and seeing some of it recreated in my favourite franchise is a blast.
It helps that the game itself is fantastic of course. The sidequests, so meaty and fun.

Associate
Sad to see possibly the end of the franchise, all due to cheaping out on Mankind Divided and blaming a lack of sales for an unfinished game. Enjoy milking marvel games ******* sellouts.

Soldato
Finished System Rift yesterday. It is great. Took me (completionist style) around 7 hours. Takes place in completely new place which surprised me, I thought it was going to take place in the Palisade Bank from the main game, but it takes place in Palisade Blade, which is the blue structure over Vltava river. Was good to see Pritchard again. Pretty nice story and it actually sets up the story behind Breach mode, not that I am interested in playing that anyway.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Finished System Rift yesterday. It is great. Took me (completionist style) around 7 hours. Takes place in completely new place which surprised me, I thought it was going to take place in the Palisade Bank from the main game, but it takes place in Palisade Blade, which is the blue structure over Vltava river. Was good to see Pritchard again. Pretty nice story and it actually sets up the story behind Breach mode, not that I am interested in playing that anyway.

I was a little underwhelmed with System Rift. Only played it once, it could be because when I first played it I was still so annoyed at how the main game ended. I did like the design of the bank but hated anything to do with breach.

Going to play it for the second time before the new dlc comes out. As I recall I think System Rift only lasted me a few hours, I hope the new dlc is a bit longer.

On another note, if square won't be continuing the current story with Jensen, I hope they can get Obsidian on board to just made a brand new game. I bet they would do a much better job given the opportunity. Hopefully we get to hear more about the fate of the ip in 2017, other than it has been shelved and that's it.

Soldato
Rezident;30479722 said:
I might give System Rift a go then. Breach mode was such a spectacular waste of time that I haven’t bothered with anything apart from the main story since.

There is a tiny amount of Breach gameplay in System Rift, at the end, like 10 minutes or so. It was fine in that small amount :)
But note that I played it long because I am completionist - I explore everywhere, hack everything, read everything, have the radar and objective locators disabled.

Soldato
Finished the game yesterday. Took me around 68 hours all in all, including DLCs.

Fantastic game. Not perfect, but still fantastic. I really want a proper sequel that would finish Jensen's story. This was like a spiritual sequel to Vampire Bloodlines. Finally another great urban stealth RPG.

Soldato
I just picked this up for £11.99 on Steam. I loaded everything Ultra and was getting around 50fps which is no use. I used GFE to set optimal and whilst frame rate is up to 90+, it seems to have disabled everything.

My question is: what preset are you all using, and is there anything to be disabled that will really help frame rates? I'm looking for 65+

System spec:

3440*1440
5930k @ 4.4Ghz
1080 @ 2Ghz
32GB RAM

Soldato
I just picked this up for £11.99 on Steam. I loaded everything Ultra and was getting around 50fps which is no use. I used GFE to set optimal and whilst frame rate is up to 90+, it seems to have disabled everything.

My question is: what preset are you all using, and is there anything to be disabled that will really help frame rates? I'm looking for 65+

System spec:

3440*1440
5930k @ 4.4Ghz
1080 @ 2Ghz
32GB RAM

Try to disable or lower contact hardening shadows, volumetric lightning, stuff like that. But honestly that almost 4K resolution is too high, the game is quite demanding.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Try to disable or lower contact hardening shadows, volumetric lightning, stuff like that. But honestly that almost 4K resolution is too high, the game is quite demanding.

Yea, that's what GFE seems to have done. By the way, my res is nowhere near 4k.

I'd recommend basing off my settings here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/well-can-it-run-deus-ex-md.18746408/page-18#post-29987304 and then tweaking from there as those settings will get you something that looks very close to ultra without everything turned up.

Some things might have changed a bit as there has been 1-2 patches since for instance they might have fixed the rendering issues with very high shadow quality.

Thanks, I'll get a play with those settings.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Downloading mine shortly. I hope it is good as it is the last Deus Ex content we will likely be getting for a long time. Not going to look at reviews or comments until I have completed.

Back
Top Bottom