dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

i have had the m/b a few days now and i am very happy with it

booted up just like it should and seems very stable just runing some ram tests now

chriscatt said:
'I think that this board is merely running an immature bios'. Mmmmm, now I wonder where I've heard that b4 ;)
ChrisC[/QUOTE
Hi this bios isnt that bad just defaults every time to 1T command rate so if you go to far its clear cmos time , i might be lucky with the tccd and infineon ram modules i have but i still think it rocks as it is and i think there is more to come , id like to try some 4800 modules next but i am havin a major cash flow crisis , that is i need another GPU water block next so i can get my cards under water :)

Like the Asus, I think we're gonna see a slightly mixed bag of results from users for a few months. The initial launch seems to be a little less problematic for most in comparison. I'm sure DFI will resolve the issues that surface. Some of the more hardcore users have also adopted this board, this is good, some of them have the knowledge of how to tap the bios to make changes. I'm sure a little patience will bring results. I just think things are moving too fast in the world of computers to get 100% compatibility for all, by the time all the problems surface a new socket launch is hovering. Couple this with all the myriad of configurations that each individual uses, it becomes impossible to ensure 100% compatibility at launch. The Asus board came good in the end for about 95% of users, I'm sure that will at least happen for the DFI.

One thing I have noticed is that Asus have spent a little more money on capacitors around the memory slots, whether or not this will make a difference is another matter, just an observation (no flaming please), (DFI has way more memory options). The quality of components in both boards looks good.

We're not seeing any real reviews yet, the extra bios options have not yet been fully understood, some may affect performance so I know at least 2 review sites that are holding back until DFI/ULI/ATI can confirm the operation of these settings.

Last edited:
I guess the latest drivers are all on the cd. I checked the DFI website and they are only showing the shipped bios I think.

Can someone please confirm as I'm making an nlite windows cd today before my DFI board arrives.

Cheers!

glen8 said:
I guess the latest drivers are all on the cd. I checked the DFI website and they are only showing the shipped bios I think.

Can someone please confirm as I'm making an nlite windows cd today before my DFI board arrives.

Cheers!

i downloaded the uli drivers from nvidia's site just in case and i have also nlited them as well as ati 6.4 and the marvell ethernet drivers, shame i cant seem to integrate my audigy 2 drivers

has anybody successfully done it?

Can any one tell me if this board likes to run RAID0 on the 3GBs SATA ports, i.e. the ULi chipset?

Sorry about putting it in bold but i've been trawling the net and haven't had much joy in finding out...

Many thanks,

Agent.

Agent WD40 said:
Can any one tell me if this board likes to run RAID0 on the 3GBs SATA ports, i.e. the ULi chipset?

Sorry about putting it in bold but i've been trawling the net and haven't had much joy in finding out...

Many thanks,

Agent.

Hi i am running 2 raptors in raid 0 on the Uli ports , i used sata 1 and sata 2 the only thing was it showed in bios as detected on 1 and 3 , just a naming error though as when it booted post bios it showed as 1 and 2 and is fine

Last edited:
bmorgan98 said:
i downloaded the uli drivers from nvidia's site just in case and i have also nlited them as well as ati 6.4 and the marvell ethernet drivers, shame i cant seem to integrate my audigy 2 drivers

has anybody successfully done it?

Would you please tell me what drivers I need to add in. I looked on the ati website but couldnt find anything about chipset drivers, ide, lan, soundcard nor from the dfi site.

Did you add just the plain ati drivers for the cats or somehow managed to integrate the entire package?

Thanks a lot

I just wanted to provide an update on my experience with this board.

I have spent hours and hours on it, but, at last, am having some success.
paitence is the key and do your research.

I have spent several hours perfecting the RAM times and this has made all the difference. Once i had set ALL the ram times manuallyand tested each change using Memtest, i reached better performance that on any board before.

I am now at 3.03Ghz 273FSB ram 1:1 - AIR COOLED

This is fantastic.

Although 3D performance is not yet on par with the Asus, this is a great step forward.

Yet again, with A64, its all about RAM times.

glen8 said:
Would you please tell me what drivers I need to add in. I looked on the ati website but couldnt find anything about chipset drivers, ide, lan, soundcard nor from the dfi site.

Did you add just the plain ati drivers for the cats or somehow managed to integrate the entire package?

Thanks a lot

plain ati inf's driver but hey i hate that darn control center dont like its dependancy on DOT silly NET1.1 if it was based on net2.0 i would be much happier or no dependancies at all! I can always install control center later.

you need to get the uli1575 drivers of nvidia's website.

they have all integrated ide, lan, firewire, uli 3g sata (not 3114).

SimonMaltby said:
I just wanted to provide an update on my experience with this board.

I have spent hours and hours on it, but, at last, am having some success.
paitence is the key and do your research.

I have spent several hours perfecting the RAM times and this has made all the difference. Once i had set ALL the ram times manuallyand tested each change using Memtest, i reached better performance that on any board before.

I am now at 3.03Ghz 273FSB ram 1:1 - AIR COOLED

This is fantastic.

Although 3D performance is not yet on par with the Asus, this is a great step forward.

Yet again, with A64, its all about RAM times.

Hi glad things are better as i thought you were going to trash it for a bit , which ram and what timings do you have and are you at 1T or2

i have been looking into 4800 ram but its pretty scarce

Last edited:
bmorgan98 said:
my board has arrived but i wont get access to it until i get back home from work. I hope it dont blow my liberty 500w.

I recon if your not X fireing then it should be fine i did try my old tagan480 on X fire with the A8R32 -MVP and it wasnt too happy , it looked like it was havin the power sucked out of it on ever screen refresh.

btw where did you get just the plain cats from

Guys, My mobo is on the truck for delivery today. I'm gonna be worthless tomorrow at work, but is there anything I need to know before I put it together? I just need to know some things. Frist of all, do I flash the bios (is it possible) to tonys at Big Toes modded bios before OS install or after. Next should I install 1 or 2 GPU's at first whille I install the OS. Next I know to install one stick of ram for starters in the farthes orange slot from the CPU. When do I install the second one? Is there anything I should do in the bios for a stock/non-OC set up that I don't know about? I'm sorry I'm asking soo many questions but I just want this to go smoothly. I'm a newb when it comes to this. I've only built one system b4 this and I've been having bad luck with it so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. If you have the time type the steps you took as far as putting together your rig step wise. Thanks a lot man and wish me luck :^)

andyr said:
Hi glad things are better as i thought you were going to trash it for a bit , which ram and what timings do you have and are you at 1T or2 i have been looking into 4800 ram but its pretty scarce

Yes the board actually fond its way onto MM for a few hours... glad i stuck with it.

I'm using this and the times it states...
Here
Hope the link is ok to put on the site? 1T :)

I will get the vapo LS back out at the weekend and see where she goes to now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom