dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Bazx you must be a crazy refridgeration engineer or something lol , nice clocks though , how high do you recon it is safe for volts on a fx 57 under water

Last edited:
Well I've been using this board for only a couple of hours, already I've found it to be more overclock friendly than the Asus. I'm typing this whilst running S&M in the background with an easy oc to 2.7ghz. The volatge is very steady, I've not had even one hiccup yet. Also my cpu is running a lot cooler, at least 8oc. This board is expensive, but I'm very impressed, very promising indeed. The layout of the board is nigh on perfect, everything seems perfectly placed.

The only downside is that XP, recognised my motherboard change, so I must now phone MS to get another product key....

Let's see what happens.........

raja said:
Well I've been using this board for only a couple of hours, already I've found it to be more overclock friendly than the Asus. I'm typing this whilst running S&M in the background with an easy oc to 2.7ghz. The volatge is very steady, I've not had even one hiccup yet. Also my cpu is running a lot cooler, at least 8oc. This board is expensive, but I'm very impressed, very promising indeed. The layout of the board is nigh on perfect, everything seems perfectly placed.

The only downside is that XP, recognised my motherboard change, so I must now phone MS to get another product key....

Let's see what happens.........

Great stuff Raja , did you flash to the Big Toe bios as i have found it more boot friendly when approaching the point of no return , dont have to clear the cmos quite so often . If you have Bazx pointed out that your ram voltage may be worth a look at as it is giving out more than is set in bios

andyr said:
Bazx you must be a crazy refridgeration engineer or something lol , nice clocks though , how high do you recon it is save for volts on a fx 57 under water

the 57s seem to slow down if ya give to much i have had it upto 1.9 with ln2
but there dont seem to be any gain for me over 1.72v

i do most my oc work around 1.6/1.68

as for water i am unsure you are up against the heat more so you dont want
many volts

@raja i to am very pleased with the genral lay out and feel to the mobo
but it will take a masters degree to understand all the settings in the bios
laugh.gif

andyr said:
Great stuff Raja , did you flash to the Big Toe bios as i have found it more boot friendly when approaching the point of no return , dont have to clear the cmos quite so often . If you have Bazx pointed out that your ram voltage may be worth a look at as it is giving out more than is set in bios

yes I flashed to Tony's bios as soon as I could, I have not checked the ram voltage, it's being reported as 2.67 in XP.

My Board still hasnt arrived, and its easter here now until wednesday, so just gonna have to stay in touch with the thread and see how you guys get on, but I am very encouraged, and think this board could be well worth the high purchase price...

Quality always does command a premium

:D

Anyone got into the ram timings yet , i have set up the 5 basic ones cas , cas to ras , ras percentage, cycle time , and command rate which are with this ram 3 - 3 - 2 - 8 @1T , but anyone done the rest, if you have can you post them with any tips, cheers Andy

Proud owner of a cfx3200

Oh this board is A GEM!! A DIAMOND! plugged all in and whats even better is i still only on 1 raptor, havent even setup my raid array yet just had to see what it was like with 1 raptor,

ULI SATA reports:

Theoretical limits: 150MB
Burst speed: 116.6 MB/s
Sustained speed: 68.4

this things voltage doesnt budge 1 bit!!!! CPU: 1.376V, the abit was jumping a lot. WONT touch the genie settings yet tho want to build up the rest of the machine + raid

GOODBYE abit

edit. 2-5-2-2-1T right from the start.

Last edited:
I fired my board up today to make sure it and the processor worked fine. A couple of things I noticed about the bios were if you enable USB support for keyboard, the keyboard won't work. The second is only a spelling mistake but I thought I post it anyway.
p42000051bc.jpg

Last edited:
raja said:
Hi Andy,

does that look more up to date than Bigga Tony's version?

Raja
My guess is that this is the offical version done by Oskar , it says better with infineon so i will give it a try

1. Update Kernel Code to 2006/04/08
2. Update Agesa code(Patch some CPU PST)
3. Fix SATA control device show wrong sequency number
4. Change P2P_WRITE_GFX_DFLT
5. Change FSB Start from 0 MHz
6. Fix support SST 49LF040B fail
7. Change Threshold in check 200mhz cl 1.5 setting
8. for better overclocking with infenon dram cell
9. Add ERRATA_94_SELECTABLE AND ERRATA_123_SELECTABLE
10. Remove ALI AC97 for H/W not support and change item string show

I have looked at what this gives us and i think it is the same as the Tony big toe release

Last edited:
Andy, I just recieved an email from Tony, he's working with DFI on a new bios, they're aiming at getting the board upto it's full potential as quickly as possible. Tony told me that there is potential for this board to break world record overclocks, very promising indeed, it should bear fruition too. I'm already happy with my board, everything about it says quality. The onboard audio is pretty good too, no clicks and whining like the Asus.

Also another friend told me that they managed a straight overclock of 315htt 1:1 @ 1T 9X multi, without even stressing the board, things are looking pretty good.....

Last edited:
raja said:
Andy, I just recieved an email from Tony, he's working with DFI on a new bios, they're aiming at getting the board upto it's full potential as quickly as possible. Tony told me that there is potential for this board to break world record overclocks, very promising indeed, it should bear fruition too. I'm already happy with my board, everything about it says quality. The onboard audio is pretty good too, no clicks and whining like the Asus.

Also another friend told me that they managed a straight overclock of 315htt 1:1 @ 1T 9X multi, without even stressing the board, things are looking pretty good.....

Hi Raja , sound is good since having this board i havnt bothered putting in my creative sound in , the bios above is btw old stuff , strange as the date was recent but the folder inside is same as the stuff mine arrived with , did you use winflash to do yours yesterday ??
and that mate of yours at 315 x9 ask him what ram he used coz i had 320 stable but my ram will only do 250 1 :1

raja said:
I think the component info will be revealed in a review...
Ah i know which mate i think , i will look forward to reading that and have my bet on PC4800 ram.
only thing is at 1:1 at that speed the timings will be a bit slack so it makes me think a divider and tight is the best we will get and i cant see any more decent ram coming our way as it will all soon be ddr2 :(

I camping with higher multi, lower htt - lower latency, this seems to work well for me.

Though ATM I'm not swayed by AM2 at all looking at initial specs, Conroe looks more exciting atm, though all may be subject to change once it hits the real world.

Back
Top Bottom