dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Hi , Games seem fine up to now , i did find one problem and that was i plugged my pump into a 12/5v converter lead , i wondered why my core temp was a bit high :eek:
i hit 320 htt prime stable but i had to lower my multiplyer so i am back at 300 for now but that was with the slow running pump so i will give it another go later , this bios is not crash free at all , if you screw up with the wrong divider then it is battery out and cmos reset time , other than that it rocks :D

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

That was with the slow pump , lol

Well got my board yesterday and been setting up this little lot today.

DFI CF3200-DR
FX-60
Vapo LS
2 GB Gskill HZ - 1 GB OCZ 3200 Plat TCCD
2 x X1900 Xfire Cards
2 x raptor 150's

So far my thoughts are...

Board is absolute pants
DFI should be shot for supplying this to the market.
Points as follows...

1. To use your USB Keyboard you have to make a change in the Bios
2. Gskill 4000 HZ SPD piced up incorrectly
3. Gskill will not run at 250FSB (stock)
4. Board will not overclock - anything over 220 with ram 1:1 falls over
5. Ocz Ram will not boot at 250FSB 2.5,3,3,6 (runs at 300 with these settings on NF4 DFI boards)
6. Finaly got some good settings (see below), but performance is less than the ASUS even at higher FSB
7. PCI-E - Can not find any Lock on this in the Bios
8. Asus at 3.0Ghz scored 39k 3d2001, DFI at 3.3Ghz scores 36k???????
9. Super Pi at 3.0Ghz on Asus scored 27secs - DFI at 3.3 scores 27.3Secs????
10. DFI does not come with optical out - something i really need - the documentation on thier web site is unclear on this.

The best i can do at the moment is...

CPU set at 220HTT with 15Multi = 3.3Ghz (vapoed)
Ram (Gskill) at 220 2.5,3,3,6 2.8v

I am absolutly fuming with DFI and will be taking these things up with them on tuesday. Charging a very high price is one thing if the board is exceptionally good... But its not.

DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD YET (in my opinion)

Oh forgot to add... No software supplied for XP 64 Bit - The driver disk just throws an error. Bios software on thier site says that i dont have a bios.

Last edited:
SimonMaltby said:

DFI CF3200-DR
FX-60
Vapo LS
2 x X1900 Xfire Cards
2 x raptor 150's

Oh man thats some setup !!

You aint mentioned your psu, what is it?

strange thing about the pci-e, i wont be running a crossfire setup yet.

strange that andyr's fx 57 single core is achieving higher htt than you (but then he wasnt running 1:1), maybe the board is picky about dual core, I would assume that the bios could use some fine tunning and we will just have to wait for that from the dfi bios team.

tbh there are always going to be issues with ram on early issues of new mobo's , i must have been lucky with both the tccd and infineon chips that i have tried as both through different characteristics worked well but overall as has been said before the tight timings of the 1 gig tccd far out performs the loser timings of the 2 gig of any variety that i have tried, other than the bios not being crash free i am more than impressed . bench marks are up stress level is down as well as temps :p

Last edited:
bmorgan98 said:
Oh man thats some setup !!

You aint mentioned your psu, what is it?

strange thing about the pci-e, i wont be running a crossfire setup yet.

strange that andyr's fx 57 single core is achieving higher htt than you (but then he wasnt running 1:1), maybe the board is picky about dual core, I would assume that the bios could use some fine tunning and we will just have to wait for that from the dfi bios team.

your right about not being able to run 1:1 at htt 320 but what ram can achieve that on this platform , to my mind you can either do 1:1 at say 220 to 250 at tight timings or 250 to 280 on slack timings , and i have found that tight timings are a must with these boards chips ect, almost to the degree that my mushkin redline :( are pants compared to my corsair samsung tccd :D and that is £230 compared to £90

Last edited:
Bios made no difference.

PSU = Seasonic 600W

The biggest issue, for me, is that on a direct comparison the DFI is significantly slower in benchmarks than the Asus.

I have now tried (on Air) exactly like for like benchmarks using super-Pi and 3d2001 and the DFI is some 10% slower than the Asus.

Last edited:
That sounds a bit annoying Simon

It does sound like a ram issue, timing maybe, to end up with a slower superpi at higher clock speed...

The early asus bios was a dog, so give them a chance to put it right, as I am sure they will...

Price issues aside, nobody has posted about instability yet, so maybe dfi have just released with a conservative bios...

:confused:

SimonMaltby said:

DFI CF3200-DR
FX-60
Vapo LS
2 x X1900 Xfire Cards
2 x raptor 150's

So far my thoughts are...

Board is absolute pants
DFI should be shot for supplying this to the market.
Points as follows...

1. To use your USB Keyboard you have to make a change in the Bios
2. Gskill 4000 HZ SPD piced up incorrectly
3. Gskill will not run at 250FSB (stock)
4. Board will not overclock - anything over 220 with ram 1:1 falls over
5. Ocz Ram will not boot at 250FSB 2.5,3,3,6 (runs at 300 with these settings on NF4 DFI boards)
6. Finaly got some good settings (see below), but performance is less than the ASUS even at higher FSB
7. PCI-E - Can not find any Lock on this in the Bios
8. Asus at 3.0Ghz scored 39k 3d2001, DFI at 3.3Ghz scores 36k???????
9. Super Pi at 3.0Ghz on Asus scored 27secs - DFI at 3.3 scores 27.3Secs????
10. DFI does not come with optical out - something i really need - the documentation on thier web site is unclear on this.

The best i can do at the moment is...

CPU set at 220HTT with 15Multi = 3.3Ghz (vapoed)
Ram (Gskill) at 220 2.5,3,3,6 2.8v

I am absolutly fuming with DFI and will be taking these things up with them on tuesday. Charging a very high price is one thing if the board is exceptionally good... But its not.

DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD YET (in my opinion)

Oh forgot to add... No software supplied for XP 64 Bit - The driver disk just throws an error. Bios software on thier site says that i dont have a bios.

What was the maximum overclock at a 15X multiplier you managed with the Asus using the same ram and was it with 0311 or 0404 bios?

3.3ghz stable is not bad, highest I've seen with benchmarks is 3.5 or so. Not every FX60 is capable of hitting those levels though.

Sorry for my questions, I have some interests in this board, so I'm curious.

Raja

Last edited:
Hi , my 57 posted this morning at 3.1 , so im quite happy for the time being, im going to run for abit and see if everything is stable , wont be flashing this bios for big toe stuff :p
Simon what is the highest HTT you have managed with the present setup

andyr said:
Hi , my 57 posted this morning at 3.1 , so im quite happy for the time being, im going to run for abit and see if everything is stable , wont be flashing this bios for big toe stuff :p
Simon what is the highest HTT you have managed with the present setup

Highest HTT i can post at is 225.

Back on air atm as its easier, and i did not try the Asus with Vapo.
Best results on Asus (0311) were 15 x 200 with Ram at 250 Divider. This was stable and fast.

I can put up with waiting for RAM issues to be fixed. This is something more than just RAM and what HTT or core speed you can hit. On a like for like basis the DFI is significantly slower. Cross Fire is massivly slow compared to the Asus.

As stated, and as per the Nforce4 bard you're going to have to wait for Bios support to mature before you see the best from this board, the specs and components on it are top notch so it's most likely bios issues.

I think the Gskill SPD is not a problem with the board, more likely with the RAM being as a lot of the ZX kits are not running at their rated SPD when used in some boards :)

Simon what ram are you using ? as i hit 320htt shown in post number161 i am not running at that though coz i had to drop my multi down to 9 ,but it was prime stable

andyr said:
Simon what ram are you using ? as i hit 320htt shown in post number161 i am not running at that though coz i had to drop my multi down to 9 ,but it was prime stable

Tried using Gskill 4000 HZ (2x1GB) and OCZ 3200 TCCD Plat Rev 2 (2 x 512). Neither will work.

Thanks for the hint on Cat 6.4, thinking about it i did update this before starting. Will revert to cat 6.3

SimonMaltby said:
Tried using Gskill 4000 HZ (2x1GB) and OCZ 3200 TCCD Plat Rev 2 (2 x 512). Neither will work.

Thanks for the hint on Cat 6.4, thinking about it i did update this before starting. Will revert to cat 6.3

With mine i just pretty much left everything in bios set to auto apart from in genie bios where i put the ram onto a divider and just altered fsb , multi and cpu volts not tweaked anything else with either infineon chips or tccd and left ram volts as detected. also running on 6.4 cats , but your ocz should be about the same as my corsair pro i recon at least

bmorgan98 said:
So i guess the main thing is no board is capable of 300htt on a 1:1 basis with ram?

From reviews of the board I have seen, it is capable of that and more.

Can't remember which review I was reading, or the site infact but the board did impress me.

I didn't even get my DFI nForce4 board untill late in the day, 623 bios hab been releaded by then and most issues sorted and that bios rocked hard.

I'll google around for some reviews.

Back
Top Bottom