dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

guys

Flash the latest bios off the DFI site, just download the EXE version as that is the new bios.

next add an /e switch to the flash commands in the autoexec file so that awdflash returns you to ther A prompt, it will give you a warning message about wrong file maybe...just ignore this, flash again with awdflash bios.bin wb/cc/cd switches.

Yes you heard me...flash it twice

Now I know Tony is looking at tweaking this file also, dram voltage and default timings are all to be altered. For now though the bios on the dfi site is pretty good...just remember to set Read Pre and Async Lat to either 5.5 and 7 or 5 and 8...the rest is pretty much the same as any bios for a DFI.

onetimeposter said:
guys

Flash the latest bios off the DFI site, just download the EXE version as that is the new bios.

next add an /e switch to the flash commands in the autoexec file so that awdflash returns you to ther A prompt, it will give you a warning message about wrong file maybe...just ignore this, flash again with awdflash bios.bin wb/cc/cd switches.

Yes you heard me...flash it twice

Now I know Tony is looking at tweaking this file also, dram voltage and default timings are all to be altered. For now though the bios on the dfi site is pretty good...just remember to set Read Pre and Async Lat to either 5.5 and 7 or 5 and 8...the rest is pretty much the same as any bios for a DFI.

man that sounds complicated , cant do it with winflash then

edit: i had a go and yep its the new one , just download the diamond flash version and boot from floppy , anyway thats what did and it comes up in cpu-z under mainboard date 04/17/2006 , it booted fine on old settings so i will see if its better at booting with higher htt at 1:1

Last edited:
Sorry for going on a bit but just wanted to report the findings of the diamond flash bios and that is that it is defo better with the infineon chips now at 265 1:1 without any messing around so i recon a bit more fiddling and we can expect more

andyr said:
Hi Simon are your ram timings 3-4-8-4 @1T @273fsb
Yes, but i had to be a lot more specific.

yellow slots - 2 x 1GB Gskill HZ 4000 UCCC (the cheap stuff on Ocuk :))
3003bios1.jpg
3003bios2.jpg
3003bios3.jpg

What I did to find out all the timings was set everything to auto then OC'd my RAM and processor. I then booted into Windows and used A64Info , wrote down all the timings and then went back into the bios and set everyting from auto to the timings I wrote down.
With some of the timings you won't need to go to the slowest possible timing.

Jimi said:
What I did to find out all the timings was set everything to auto then OC'd my RAM and processor. I then booted into Windows and used A64Info , wrote down all the timings and then went back into the bios and set everyting from auto to the timings I wrote down.
With some of the timings you won't need to go to the slowest possible timing.

Thats fine when a mobo has a mature bios. the CFX3200-DR is not picking up ram settings well at all for most RAM. therefore you need to know the settings before you start. Ideal would be to boot as per your suggestion on another DFI board, say NF4, note the ram settings it finds and manually enter them into the CFX.

What about getting the timings from the manufacturers website?

Running Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (MY-093-CS) here, which has timings of 2-3-2-6-1T

Would they be fine entered in the bios screens?

:confused:

Dr Who said:
What about getting the timings from the manufacturers website?

Running Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (MY-093-CS) here, which has timings of 2-3-2-6-1T

Would they be fine entered in the bios screens?

:confused:

Unfortunatly u need far more settings than the basic 2-3-2-6-1T :(

Thanks Jimi

Q: Is this tool SAFE?
A: NO! This tool is directly reading and writing CPU registers which can freeze your CPU. In worst case freezing can break your Windows installation or maybe damage your hardware. To put it simple, author of this tool is not responsible for any damage caused by this tool.You are using it on your own risk!

Q: Changing of what parameters is considered dangerous?
A: CAS (freezes instantly), Odd Divisor Correct (sometime freezes, turn this option off when changing Memclk), 64/128 bit mode , Memclk (if you change value in big steps, eg from 200 -> 100), disabling Memory Clock for populated memory banks ...

Q: How do I apply settings from command line?
A: Simply call A64Info with settings file saved previously by A64Info:

A64Info <settings_file>

<settings_file> is placed in the same folder where A64Info executable resides

IMPORTANT: do not use settings saved from different version of A64Info. Make sure that you are loading settings saved using current version of A64Info.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom