dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Dr Who said:
What about getting the timings from the manufacturers website?

Running Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 (MY-093-CS) here, which has timings of 2-3-2-6-1T

Would they be fine entered in the bios screens?

:confused:

Those are the settings that it will pick up even in auto , which should be fine if not overclocking , should be nice and stable

I nearly threw mine out the window lastnight. Installed the board ok but my USB keyboard wouldn't work.

I had the enable USB keyboard disabled and enabled but still nothing. In the end I found out it was down to the USB mouse setting. I reset the cmos, changed the settings but left the USB mouse off and it worked fine.

What a mouse has to do with a keyboard is beyond me :confused:

To be honest, if I was buying again I'd get the abit

Is anyones silicon image controller working right?

i have 4 hdds, 2 x raptor 74's, 1 hitachi 7k250 250gb and 1 samsung 1614c,

all drives work great on uli sata

but the hitachi and samsung do not work on the sil image 3114 (set to sata in bios JBOD mode), says something like "ROM cannot invoke"

your thoughts?

its not important anyhow as the uli chip can work with the drives.

Jimi said:
My keyboard wouldn't work with USB keyboard support enabled for some reason.

It's pathetic mate. ok so it's a brand new board running on its very first bios but COME ON!!!! It's a keyboard!

I tried using a USB>PS2 adapter but even that didn't work.

I also have a feeling that the temp monitor is producing incorrect results. My asus displayed the CPU temp at boot in the low 20s on an Arctic Cooler 64 pro. I have now got a Ninja Plus with a fast 120mm fan on and the DFI is reporting 31 on boot. Seems a bit high to me.

Ok here we go... Sorted graphics performance and delighted to say that its fine.

The only trouble is that i'm not 100% sure what i changed to make it better.

Just to put this into context...
3D2006 score before changes was 9300ish - now 10,000 :)
3D2001 score before changes was 34000ish - now 38600 :)

here are the results.

DFI-3ghz-3dScore.jpg

Bios settings that improved performance. Dont understant which one / ones helped. Note... i had to change the standard settings of Cats before changes took effect.

3003bios4.JPG

3003bios5.JPG
3003bios6.JPG

I can confirm that graphics is now the same speed as the Asus board :D

USB KEYBOARD - in bios, go to PNP/PCI Config and set 'Assign IRQ for USB' to disable. Also dont set USB mouse support cos it stops USB keyboard from working.

silicon image controller - same issue here and its very anoying. If the drive is corrupt it works fine, but as soon as a proper drive is loacated in this the system does not run the ULi raid and therefore you cant use other disks *Daft*

SimonMaltby said:
silicon image controller - same issue here and its very anoying. If the drive is corrupt it works fine, but as soon as a proper drive is loacated in this the system does not run the ULi raid and therefore you cant use other disks *Daft*

I just hope it is a bios issue and not a hardware related issue.

I do hope you guys with the problems are posting them to DFI, including other relevant people like Tony and perhaps also all the major review sites, you have to do this - it works. Getting others who have influence to recreate your issues, actually helps DFI to nail the problem, some of the reviwers are in positions to liase with technicians on a one to one basis.

I worked with Anadtech, supplying all the info I could to help obtain fixes for known issues with the Asus board (ok not everything was fixed). Some of those who could only be bothered to post their issues on the forum, ended up not having them resolved in the last fix. Their annoyance was such, it was difficult for me to get them to post more than once, especially on other forums. One of the replies I got was, 'I don't see why I should be a beta tester'. Nobody wants to pay money to get a product that does not perform to it's specs. Unfortunatley with the speed this industry is now moving, the side effect is that all setups cannot be catered for until the issues surface, usually to a large enough degree to warrant the manufacturers attention. Ok the keyboard situation is certainly not good, a very basic bios function, though I'm sure if we direct our energies to the right people, these issues can be resolved.

I sat through a good few weeks studying the Asus launch, at the end of the situation, I gathered my information to help with future purchases.
In order to obtain fixes you have to be willing to repeat yourself (sometimes many times), you have to remain calm and diplomatic, in order for people to listen. Wes @ Anandtech is currently working on a review for this board, although I've has no contact with Wes myself, I did work with Gary Key, if that relationship is anything to go by, I would certainly urge those with issues to try and contact Wes. There are also other sites, the most important and influencial person is Tony. That's my take, sorry for the rant..

regards
Raja

bmorgan98 said:
I just hope it is a bios issue and not a hardware related issue.
i think there have been problems on other boards using silicon image controllers , so i avoid them if there is a promise controller which we dont have or a Uli which we have i would not use the silicon Image

:confused: Hi , which slots do you have your ram in , mine are in the yellow slots which i thought was right for dual channel , but i just read on dfi street it should be the orange :confused:

I always believed the RAM should go in the orange slots. Though I have also heard having them in the yellow slots does the job. But I personally have always put my RAM in the orange slots.

Back
Top Bottom