dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Jimi said:
I always believed the RAM should go in the orange slots. Though I have also heard having them in the yellow slots does the job. But I personally have always put my RAM in the orange slots.

I used the yellow as its as far away from the HS as possible. My results are good, so i guess it does not really matter.

I think DFI have a special setting for one of the orange ones, so that is loads with failsafe settings (i.e. T2) if only one stick is installed.

Last edited:
Jimi said:
The ULi controller has a higher data transfer anyway doesn't it, 300MB/s?

YEP it increased my raptors speed from 135.5MB to 136.3MB (nothing to quibble about) but the burst rate is totally superior my via raid was 105.4MB and the uli is 175MB :eek: this has helped

also got 4593 3dmark 06 (im sure this could be increased it aint a crossfire setup yet)

Off Topic: Command and Conquer 3 announced!!! continuing the nod/gdi saga!

SimonMaltby said:
I used the yellow as its as far away from the HS as possible. My results are good, so i guess it does not really matter.

I think DFI have a special setting for one of the orange ones, so that is loads with failsafe settings (i.e. T2) if only one stick is installed.

in the manual it states that you should use the orange slots to get the 1T memory timing.

bmorgan98 said:
in the manual it states that you should use the orange slots to get the 1T memory timing.

i read it as the yellow slots for performance and orange slots for stability , i dont know anymore

I have to say, Raja I think that is the most polite rant I have ever seen :D

We should put you up for some sort of motherboard ambassador position :)

I do agree with what you are standing for in that rant btw.

andyr said:
btw where did you get just the plain cats from

Missed your post andy, so heres a late reply, when on ati website go for the low speed dialup options, everything is seperate and when downloaded everything extracts to "c:\ati\support\" you can either use the .inf's or just install the bare driver.

Hi,

Technically speaking the orange slots should be superior, they are closer to the cpu. Although the difference is minimal, shorter length = less inductance, higher inductance leads to attentuation of bandwidth, however because the differance in distance between the pairs is negligible, the speed differance (if any) should only be theoretical.

I learned about inductance etc, thru my time playing with diy audio amplification, learning that longer traces of track can affect absolute stability and bandwidth.

Regards
Raja

Thanks for the reply ill give the orange slots and the small cats ago , how do you enable x fire without ccc , ill give it a try and see

i hve put my gpu's under water and it is so quiet :eek:

my.php

raja said:
what water cooling setup are you using?

edit: sorry just checked your sig.

hi , yeah not too expensive really either , you can get the storm cpu block which is supposed to be better than the Apogee , but most places are out of stock at the moment but when i can get one ill give that a try

I just tried the plain cats without ccc but you cant enable x fire !! can you ???

raja said:
Hi,

Smartguardian is reporting my CPU temps 10 degrees lower than bios, can I adjust the settings?

Raja
i have seen voltage core adjust in bios under pc health status , where you can offset the value , but i haven't played with it tbh

Thanks Andy,

Iwas chuffed to bits when I first saw the SG temps, a check of bios soon confirmed the real situation, though 32-33 at idle is ok @1.47v, the Asus was around 35-36 or so, the layout plays a big part. With the dfi board my zalman 9500 is almost perfectly in line with my case exhaust fan, so the heat exists the case quickly, the Asus layout was slightly ofset.

andyr said:
Thanks for the reply ill give the orange slots and the small cats ago , how do you enable x fire without ccc , ill give it a try and see

my.php

I thought xfire was bios controlled?

Anyhow you could give the omega ati drivers a shot they dont use ccc (as far as i know)

andyr said:

my.php

andy i see you have the mcw55 blocks but how do you cool the ram chips on the gpu's

Also is 1 mcw55 leading into the other i.e daisy chain and was there any mounting problems with the swiftech gpu water blocks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom