dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

LoadsaMoney said:
well ive heard of ppl having to flash twice, having to clear CMOS, unplugging everything and just having one stick of ram in etc... to get it to boot, all sorts of stuff is popping up, so i would'nt risk it, not at that appaling price anyway. :D

Yours are working fine after flashing etc... so great, glad you aint experienced any of the probs that are cropping up now. :)

To me having to flash twice is no big deal, like I said earlier Tony has a fix, there's always a few flankers, we all know that.. ;)
It's expensive, but it offers more, so for me it's still value for money, ofcourse it's all relative.
Best board I've ever had period.

Last edited:
BTW Catalyst 6.4 or 6.3, anyone noticed any screen distortion or Crossfire failed to initialise properly? I have to set AI to standard in CCC on some games...

regards
Raja

SimonMaltby said:
Steady boy. These may be your experiences, but overclocking ability depends on all of your components.

My board with its FX60 will not do 300x5LDT under ANY circumstances.... believe me i've tried.

having said that... keep the guide comming... Excellent work :)
NB voltage needs to be 1.5V, set the P and N to 31, set PCIE voltage to 1.85 and reduce the multi on your CPU to 9 and i bet you hit 300LDT.

I have 6 RD580 boards here now and ALL do 300x5 with the right tweaks ;) but i agree 4x is just as good and easier to use as it needs a lot less voltage.

raja said:
BTW Catalyst 6.4 or 6.3, anyone noticed any screen distortion or Crossfire failed to initialise properly? I have to set AI to standard in CCC on some games...

regards
Raja

What do you mean by screen distortion raja,

It was my understanding that CCC has to have AI to standard anyway, to make use of the Crossfire Profiles

What Catalyst AI does, when it's set to Normal, is app detection and specific app bug fixes. In Crossfire, it chooses the correct rendering mode for each game; supertilining isn't the optimal mode for all games. When Crossfire is set to advanced, it enables some more aggressive optimizations, which will often increase performance, but at the same time may give you a slight image degradation.

Last edited:
Hi,

It's more board specific this time buddy, as I did not have the same issue with the Asus. I've always set the AI slider to Advanced in the past. I don't ever tick the disabled box btw.

Of course it's perfectly possible that I've had that slider in the wrong position all along and the DFI is picking it up..

Regards
Raja

How's that Abit coming along btw?
Missing you from the thread these days, if only we had the same boards (DFI i mean)...

Last edited:
onetimeposter said:
Guys

Work in progress but a tweak guide is half way completed, http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20506

300x5LDT is easy, 300 1:1 is quite easy, 2gig kits are awesome and video benching is great too...you only need the tweaks and this board has serious grunt.

PCIE tweaking is up next on the guide, for ram timings the prime data base will have all the answers you need.

link dont work for me
can you repost the link or tell me where to find at bleeding gums

baz

bazx said:
link dont work for me
can you repost the link or tell me where to find at bleeding gums

baz

works fine for me

;)

Raja

I have been getting lower (and right I think) screen edge disruption with the Cat 6.3's but was cured when I went to cat 6.4's... I always had mine set in advanced, but this was on the Asus A8R board.

Last edited:
Dr Who said:
works fine for me

;)

Raja

I have been getting lower (and right I think) screen edge disruption with the Cat 6.3's but was cured when I went to cat 6.4's... I always had mine set in advanced, but this was on the Asus A8R board.

yes it works for as well now :D

onetimeposter said:
NB voltage needs to be 1.5V, set the P and N to 31, set PCIE voltage to 1.85 and reduce the multi on your CPU to 9 and i bet you hit 300LDT.

I have 6 RD580 boards here now and ALL do 300x5 with the right tweaks ;) but i agree 4x is just as good and easier to use as it needs a lot less voltage.

Thanks for the guidence. Tried these tweaks and regardless of multi and ram divider at 290 the bios freezes and above that no boot at all.

Did discover an interesting fact today though. Ram runs at same speeds (if not slightly more) at 2.4v... this Gskill (sorry Tony) does not seem to need much voltage.

SimonMaltby said:
Thanks for the guidence. Tried these tweaks and regardless of multi and ram divider at 290 the bios freezes and above that no boot at all.

Did discover an interesting fact today though. Ram runs at same speeds (if not slightly more) at 2.4v... this Gskill (sorry Tony) does not seem to need much voltage.
Simon are you going 1:1 at 290

SimonMaltby said:
No... i'm using 2gb ram that will only do 275...
My OCZ TCCD has a dud stick that will not boot at Cas 2.5, only 2.0 :confused: so i cant get that high.

So you are limited to 290htt even with a divider ? have you tried setting the LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio to 3 times , as on 3 times mine seems happy to boot on 335 htt , the other thing i did was put my mushkin in the orange slots which i have never done before on a dfi board but it has helped

andyr said:
So you are limited to 290htt even with a divider ? have you tried setting the LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio to 3 times , as on 3 times mine seems happy to boot on 335 htt , the other thing i did was put my mushkin in the orange slots which i have never done before on a dfi board but it has helped

I'm actually limited to under 290, at 290 with any mem divider she boots but the bios screen stops working.

yea tried x3 and orange slots. My mem controller must be causing the problem i guess. Still its not really an issue as the settings i have are sweet.
Not sure what benifit 300+ HTT would bring as i would not be pushing the CPU core speed or Ram speed further

Last edited:
SimonMaltby said:
I'm actually limited to under 290, at 290 with any mem divider she boots but the bios screen stops working.

yea tried x3 and orange slots. My mem controller must be causing the problem i guess. Still its not really an issue as the settings i have are sweet.
Not sure what benifit 300+ HTT would bring as i would not be pushing the CPU core speed or Ram speed further

i have my ram on a divider as it doesnt like me relaxing the timings , but i think that as long as i keep 1T command rate then there isnt that much in it between relaxed timings and higher htt or tight timings and a divider tbh.

using Tony's bios tips have helped i now get a bit better bench mark results than when i had the asus a8r32 :)

SimonMaltby said:

2.4 in bios is nearer to 2.5 than 2.4, I have 4000EB that does ddr500 at 2.34V real on the right board ;) Infineon is real nice as you see ;)

onetimeposter said:
http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165446#post165446

Added some more to the guide, also added some ddr600 settings im priming now at 300x9 on a 165opty.

boards a pain to tweak but is real fast...stick with it guys ;)

Great stuff , cant wait to try out the bits on the pcie bios settings

What ram is that at ddr600 ?

And when will this board be able to run two graphics cards without a dongle?
i.e two slave versions together

Nystylin74 said:
Probably when they run out of x1900 crossfire edition cards, lol
Yeah your probably right about that. i would be tempted to invest in a 1900xtx or two but dont you lose a bit of performance at the moment with the master being slightly slower that the slave

Back
Top Bottom