dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

andyr said:
Hi sorry about the quality but you can get an idea i hope, the core voltage is really stable , like it doesnt fluctuate at all

anything i should try???

The Abit is the same.

Has not shifted once from 1.35v and yet the Asus would go up and down like a yoyo.

Hi Coolasmoo,

the new Asus bios seems to hold a steadier overclock and core voltage, the vcore is not rock solid, but does not seem to fluctuate as much as 0311.

Raja

andyr said:
Hi sorry about the quality but you can get an idea i hope, the core voltage is really stable , like it doesnt fluctuate at all

cfx32005uz.jpg

anything i should try???

Thats real good to hear...

I am more confident already

:D

Hi Dr Who and all, yep it is so far so good , early days and all that but first impressions are favourable, had to reset cmos a couple of times when tried 320htt but the jumper is easy to get to so no problem , then just use bios reloaded and up and away again , Northbridge runs hot even with the fan so i might see if my old Nforce4 block fits and include it in the water loop.just nice to be able to use 1T command rate again aswell , sounds like the A8R32-MVP crowd are better off now with the new bios so bang for bucks it is probably a decent board , but this one looks to be the Overclockers dream :D
One other thing i noticed is that it detected my 2nd raptor as sata 3 although it was plugged into sata 2 but i think that has happened before with dfi. but no probs configuring and i just enabled the raid and it booted off my previous A8R-MVP setup so no need to do fresh install :)

When we going to have an Overclockers Convention in Cyprus anyway :)

Last edited:
Well I caved in and ordered one of these yesterday. I was torn between the Asus or one of these, in the end I just went for the DFI. Never had an Asus before so that kinda was the deciding factor for me.

andyr said:
Hi Dr Who and all, yep it is so far so good , early days and all that but first impressions are favourable, had to reset cmos a couple of times when tried 320htt but the jumper is easy to get to so no problem , then just use bios reloaded and up and away again , Northbridge runs hot even with the fan so i might see if my old Nforce4 block fits and include it in the water loop.just nice to be able to use 1T command rate again aswell , sounds like the A8R32-MVP crowd are better off now with the new bios so bang for bucks it is probably a decent board , but this one looks to be the Overclockers dream :D
One other thing i noticed is that it detected my 2nd raptor as sata 3 although it was plugged into sata 2 but i think that has happened before with dfi. but no probs configuring and i just enabled the raid and it booted off my previous A8R-MVP setup so no need to do fresh install :)

When we going to have an Overclockers Convention in Cyprus anyway :)

hehe

Well I have plenty of space in the house and around the pool ;)

Whats important for me is stable at stock, I might overclock later, but I have done the whole phase change, tec, wwater cooling thing before, now I just want the fastest gear stable...

twin 1900's FX60, 2gb ram, will run most things without any stress, so having a system that locks up when I try to plug in my ipod is a pain in the ass....

£176 for the dfi is naff all after buying my setup, I just want stability...

For that the dfi sounds promising...

Last edited:
Would be funny if the Abit reaches 300htt & the DFI doesnt, then we can laugh at everyone for wasting all that cash on the DFI & giving in to paying silly prices for silly motherboards! :p Oooh DFI we have to buy DFI ooh!! <sarcasm off>

Yeah , i think i said before i dont have an ipod , and there is still IRQ sharing , but i would be amazed if it wasnt stable at stock for you ,one other thing that took me a while to find is how to enable the ULI Sata Raid controller coz its under Genie settings /PCI , its so obvious :confused:

and will we have to bring our own transformers with us when we are all by the pool

Nelly said:
Would be funny if the Abit reaches 300htt & the DFI doesnt, then we can laugh at everyone for wasting all that cash on the DFI & giving in to paying silly prices for silly motherboards! :p Oooh DFI we have to buy DFI ooh!! <sarcasm off>

it would but it wont , and i hope i dont end up eating those words, lol
Really i thing on the grand scheme of things the mobo is small potatoes, despite ranting and raving at the cost , it will come down but i couldnt be bothered to wait

And one other point the Asus A8R-MVP i have would do 300Htt but it was so limited in other areas

Nelly said:

Now wouldn't that be funny! Come on Abit, we're cheering you on! :D :D

Dr Who said:
have to sort some dates....

could be a good laff

Specially when you see the price of booze out here

Yeah invite anyone who has suffered due to the Ati chipset syndrome for a well earned rest, perhaps Ati would pay for the Flights, lol :D

Jimi said:
More than likely, there will only be a limited amount of ULi chips now.

Personally I have read various review sites and they have said that the uli 1575 is a very Capable southbridge, so basically it probably might be just every bit as good as the sb600. Even though we will probably not see the sb600 in any 939 setups, i think its geared towards am2.

bmorgan98 said:
Personally I have read various review sites and they have said that the uli 1575 is a very Capable southbridge, so basically it probably might be just every bit as good as the sb600. Even though we will probably not see the sb600 in any 939 setups, i think its geared towards am2.

Yeah but nVidia have aquired ULi now so I doubt ATI will be buying those chips or nVidia would even supply them to ATI.

Back
Top Bottom