dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

They dont sell the chips to ATI, they sell them to mobo manufacturers as a competitor product to the SB450 and SB600...

Nvidia are in the business of selling chips, so if the mobo manufacturers want them, they will sell them...

:o

Hi, plus NV won't know what motherboard they are going in, anyway, more than likely, as it is with purchasing, Asus will probably get them from a third party buyer/seller so as they get the most competitive price....
Sorry, just slipped in from the A8R32-MVP thread :p
ChrisC

Dr Who said:
They dont sell the chips to ATI, they sell them to mobo manufacturers as a competitor product to the SB450 and SB600...

Nvidia are in the business of selling chips, so if the mobo manufacturers want them, they will sell them...

:o

Not according to Firingsquad.com

Firingsquad.com said:
In light of recent reports that NVIDIA was planning on scaling back production of their ULi M1575 South Bridge in order to put pressure on ATI, we asked ATI's Jay Marsden for a statement on the South Bridge situation:

"ATI is aware of our partners' concerns regarding the supply of ULi southbridge parts and is working with Nvidia to ensure they're addressed. At the same time, ATI is on track with our own southbridge part -- the SB600 -- and we'll have very strong capacity potential when that launches shortly."

So it looks like ATI plans to counter with SB600, rather than using their SB460 South Bridge, which is slightly newer than SB450. ATI’s SB600 South Bridge is rumored to bring with it full support for 300MB/sec Serial ATA with NCQ as well as a reworked USB controller promising improved USB performance.

Last edited:
raja said:
those who flew by concorde were really clever too, it represented such value for money.
:p

edit : sorry could not resist.

Oi, its a trip of a lifetime, a mobo isnt :p

Im sure if you were in a executive position, you would love the fact you used to be able to leave London at 8AM, get in New York at 7AM, have a FULL days work in New York, then take a 747 back overnight.

YOu cant do that with some copper and plastic :p

Concorde Rules said:
YOu cant do that with some copper and plastic :p

But then you cant go up in a fireball with a mainboard can you?

EDIT. Im Sorry.

About the price

I'd guess its todo with DFi's previous boards that were overclocking kings

Last edited:
Explicit said:
Connect it to a Qtec and you might, just might...:D

Yep qtec says it all...

My previous statement wasnt a joke... A lot of people died.

my cfx3200 should arrive on tuesday, i would love to hit 300 on a 4x htt anyone every done that stable?

Last edited:
bmorgan98 said:
Yep qtec says it all...

my cfx3200 should arrive on tuesday, i would love to hit 300 on a 4x htt anyone every done that stable?

The 3200 is good for 5x upto 300HTT :)

bmorgan98 said:
But then you cant go up in a fireball with a mainboard can you?

EDIT. Im Sorry.

About the price

I'd guess its todo with DFi's previous boards that were overclocking kings

This isnt the place for it but, she is the safest plane on the planet.. ever. The french messed up, and a number of factors that the designers could never have thought to happen in one go.

If you want to continue this debate please make a thread in GD :)

CR

Concorde Rules said:
This isnt the place for it but, she is the safest plane on the planet.. ever. The french messed up, and a number of factors that the designers could never have thought to happen in one go.

If you want to continue this debate please make a thread in GD :)

CR

No No, fair enough, i will keep to the thread discussion. Shouldnt have brought it up in the first place

ah well many threads always deviate from topic, so i'l keep on track.

bmorgan98 said:
Yep qtec says it all...

Hi , i havnt primed it yet but i think it looks good , and i am sure there is more , stuck my TCCCD chios in for a test that why mem is 200

300htt6ki.jpg

Coolasmoo said:
The 3200 is good for 5x upto 300HTT :)

i wonder if my old winchester will be able to do it. Even with its jerky mem controller a few websites have reported that they got winchesters up to 500fsb on dfi boards (must have been phase change)

Dr Who said:
Andyvr

have you primed it yet? Stable? Games? mine should be here monday/tuesday

cant wait

:D

Hi Sorry for the delay , wanted to run prime to be sure but 3 hr 21 mins and i stopped it , will run for longer later and going to play some games that gave me trouble before on the old mobo like pacific fighters etc . There is definatly more Htt to be had :)

primestable3hr210ij.jpg

Back
Top Bottom