blu ray test - cyberlink dvd 12

image002-1.jpg

image005.jpg

image001-1.jpg

Thank you too.:)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What's backlight bleed like? At this price I'm leaning a bit instead of going toward the Dell U27, I already have a U2412M and it's fantastic, recalibrated after a couple of months since day 1 and panel settle in shift has been indistinguishable from the first calibration so I'm more than pleased with Dell's e-IPS panels and the results are superb too so if this DGN is anything similar then I'll buy one and use the U2412M as the portrait screen and sell the Hazro on Gumtree for bargain price :p

Associate
I have te dell u2412m. Difficult one really, there is some back light blead which im willing to put up with, ips glow is less noticable on this next to the dell (which always was a bit of an issue for me) and the coating on the Dell for me makes this the better panel as side by side i prefer the smooth gloss finish to the dell coating.

Last edited:
Soldato
What's backlight bleed like? At this price I'm leaning a bit instead of going toward the Dell U27, I already have a U2412M and it's fantastic, recalibrated after a couple of months since day 1 and panel settle in shift has been indistinguishable from the first calibration so I'm more than pleased with Dell's e-IPS panels and the results are superb too so if this DGN is anything similar then I'll buy one and use the U2412M as the portrait screen and sell the Hazro on Gumtree for bargain price :p

You aren't bothered by the U27 anti glare coating, which is worse than the U24?

:p

Grab one and try it out. It's what I'm doing with two! Just hoping the scalar doesn't add too much extra input lag, even though it was sold as 'not' having one.

Man of Honour
So the screen does have a scaler and aspect ratio control. That's good

Any issues people with backlight bleed? What about trapped dust?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You aren't bothered by the U27 anti glare coating, which is worse than the U24?

:p

Grab one and try it out. It's what I'm doing with two! Just hoping the scalar doesn't add too much extra input lag, even though it was sold as 'not' having one.

I don't see any issues at all with the coating on the U24. I've had only IPS screens as far back as the Dell 2000WFP so have seen all manners of coatings on both glossy and matte panels. The U2412M is just fine. the 2000WFP was a lot grainier!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
From a photo editing POV, the coatings have zero issue in my workflow, as long as colours are accurate (post calibration) and input lag minimal, I'm game :p

Associate
SL suffix Q1 panel with DP. Good luck to DGM and OCUK. We'll be closely monitoring this thread.

What does this mean exactly?

Panels are often labelled SL/A1, SL/A2, SL/B1, SL/B2 and SL/Q1, what does this indicate. DP is display-port I assume?

Last edited:
Associate
For me, as long as this screen has minimal input lag and the screen quality is good, decent colors and blacks when calibrated and
screen resolution scaling works good, then i'll probably buy one of these to replace my HP ZR24w I am using at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
For me, as long as this screen has minimal input lag and the screen quality is good, great colors and blacks when calibrated and
screen resolution scaling works good, then i'll probably buy one of these to replace my HP ZR24w I am using at the moment.

They're going up in price tomorrow. Are you going to wait until it gets some full reviews or bite the bullet? I'm yet undecided!!

Back
Top Bottom