**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Also I have noted that I get no boot screen etc until the PC is booted into Windows.

DONT BUY same issue as Hazro's monitors seems they still have yet to get any testing done with certain GFX cards. This is a pure fail and everyone needs to take this into account before you buy.

This problem still exists on the Hazro monitors and they refuse to do anything about it blaming firmware on "some" GFX cards.

Thanks again Vimes :) Will it let you chose a different resolution in Windows like 1024x768? What happens when you do? From what you've said I'd expect nothing to come up at all.

ok I have just tried this and it works....

I have got a DVI to VGA adaptor and plugged it into my GTX670 card - the port with the analogue signal connectors.

Then I plugged the VGA cable into the monitor as well as the DVI one.

Now when it boots I can see the "DOS" type environment and enter and use the BIOS etc.

I will check the resolutions now and post back.

I tried various resolutions all down to 800x600 and they work fine, albeit it takes a few seconds to switch.

Last edited:
Does it have black borders or stetched when you went to those resolutions? Seems to be some confusion as to whether or not it has a scaler.

I am not sure what this means...

If you select a 4:3 aspect screen it will have black borders around it. But you have a menu option to select 4:3 or Wide if you alternate when in a 4:3 ratio you can then maintain the "square" aspect ratio or stretch it to fill the screen, and it does.

i have the same monitor .. and have run the same checks and can confirm i can get to the bios using the same as above im running ati 6870. I have also tested Virgin media Vhd stb and can confirm this works though hdmi screen includes speakers however they are beyond bad !! (this was expected)

I am not sure what this means...

If you select a 4:3 aspect screen it will have black borders around it. But you have a menu option to select 4:3 or Wide if you alternate when in a 4:3 ratio you can then maintain the "square" aspect ratio or stretch it to fill the screen, and it does.

This is sweet it really is. I'm sure it said it didn't have a scaler in it and this was putting me off a bit. From what I gathered this screen would just stretch everything to fit the screen no matter what, the fact you get a choice is excellent :) That's me all out of questions now, thanks again for taking the time to answer them. The only thing I need to do now is see if my gfx card has a way of outputting via VGA (or VGA with adaptor) so I can see the screen when it boots and in bios :)

Last edited:
With the monitor absolutely vertical it will start to tip forward. Maybe others are better in that respect..? If it does support itself then a small movement of the desk will cause it to tip forward.
I have got it supported and, as I noted, there is a lot of weight on a not so tight or robust arm.

Thanks :) So you mean in order for the monitor to be vertical it needs to be supported but tilting the top back a little centres the weight on the stand?

@zimano - you are most welcome hope that it helps you to make a choice :)

@Hamster - Yes. When the monitor is in the absolute vertical position it has a tendency to "roll" forward to the extent of its forward tilting allowance, if that makes sense.
It might keep there on its own but if the desk is knocked, as noted, the weight of the screen seems beyond the ability of the stand to retain it.

I have propped mine up in the middle so that it rests on the body of the sheep you can see in the second of my pics :D
Heath Robinson maybe but why over engineer something if it works.?!

My biggest concern was not being able to get into the BIOS but now that has been resolved it seems fine.

On my GTX 670 it was the top DVI output which has the analogue pin connectors, you can see them.

virgin media VHD stb, hdmi output set to 1080

image040.jpg

image045.jpg

and a shot of portal 2 native res

image020.jpg

i have already calibrated the screen using a spyder 4 pro will probably rerun in a weeks time after the panel has run in.

Last edited:
@Hamster - Yes. When the monitor is in the absolute vertical position it has a tendency to "roll" forward to the extent of its forward tilting allowance, if that makes sense.
It might keep there on its own but if the desk is knocked, as noted, the weight of the screen seems beyond the ability of the stand to retain it.

I have propped mine up in the middle so that it rests on the body of the sheep you can see in the second of my pics :D
Heath Robinson maybe but why over engineer something if it works.?!

My biggest concern was not being able to get into the BIOS but now that has been resolved it seems fine.

On my GTX 670 it was the top DVI output which has the analogue pin connectors, you can see them.

Thanks again! Does this also mean that you're in windows on a VGA input?

Moar pics:
Using VGA cable only 2560x1440:
IMAG1017.jpg

OSD:
IMAG1018.jpg
IMAG1019.jpg

IMAG1020.jpg
IMAG1021.jpg

IMAG1022.jpg
IMAG1024.jpg

Next, just for you I scraped around and found the parts to show DVI-D :)
IMAG1026.jpg

On DVI-D
BIOS Screen:
IMAG1025.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys - looking great. Im assuming it also does it do 1:1 pixel mapping from what has been said above.

Having called OcUK earlier they said that order will be shipped today, but it is not showing as much when i check the order :(

Hello I am quite tempted to jump on the bandwagon with this screen. I currently use a laptop t and only have HDMI out and VGA - which would be best to use and am I going to get the best from the screen.

I currently have an LG 22" 1650x1080 - one reason for upgrading is my laptop screen has a bigger resolution and I do like the screen space!

Thanks again! Does this also mean that you're in windows on a VGA input?

No. I can only see me needing the VGA type connection when I would wish to boot into the BIOS and so I could simply disconnect the cable from monitor and just connect it as needed. Or I could just leave it as it is and ensure that the input is selected for DVI and not VGA.

No. I can only see me needing the VGA type connection when I would wish to boot into the BIOS and so I could simply disconnect the cable from monitor and just connect it as needed. Or I could just leave it as it is and ensure that the input is selected for DVI and not VGA.

Thanks :) So you can have both DVI and VGA connected and just change the input via the monitor? Can you select between them at any time (during post and during windows)?

Also thanks for being on hand here to answer the barrage of questions!! :)

I'm assuming VGA will only work with 2560x1440 if both ends have VGA connections and a DVI-VGA plug is not used at the graphics card end?

Also I'm assuming graphics card that won't display bios over DVI are old Nvidia GTX and some of the HD 5xxx series or older and this not such a big problem as with the Hasro WC as it will work with a VGA connection as mentioned by others?

Back
Top Bottom