**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
Red = 63
Green = 59
Blue = 51

The above is when the monitor is set to "Normal"

I think those are the defaults because I can't remember altering them.

They should always be the same and only the User one can be adjusted.

Associate
Mine arrived today, no dead pixels, bios screen is fine through displayport, and whilst the light bleed in the lower right isn't great, it's not that big a deal head on. I am struggling to find a decent all round setting on it though... :S

Soldato
mines developed an interesting issue... when watching movies, after 20 minutes or so the brightness fluctuates, from where I have it set to really dim and then back up to full

anyone else experiencing anything similar?

not neccessarily too much of an issue as I won't be using it for watching movies too much longer, as long as it doesn't start happening in games it'll be ok

Soldato
checked and nope - as I say it only does it when watching movies and it scales up and down the brightness like someone rocking a dimmer switch up and down every few minutes

I thought I'd gained a cataract at first!

What happens when you watch movies in a Window with Windows still dominating the screen..?

Also are you using anything like NVidia to control the colour and brightness when a movie is playing...?

As a side note - why do people seem to like touching the screen of a monitor when they are pointing at something on the screen :mad:

Man of Honour
checked and nope - as I say it only does it when watching movies and it scales up and down the brightness like someone rocking a dimmer switch up and down every few minutes

I thought I'd gained a cataract at first!

very odd, maybe something funny going on with the graphics card settings. have you tried another machine or an external dVD player or something?

Man of Honour
Being that the panels are high end I take it this would be a good for colour accuracy and have a wide gamut?

colour accuracy is pretty good out of the box actually, as is gamma and white point (details coming soon in TFTCentral review). it's not a wide gamut screen though as it uses W-LED backlighting and so covers ~77% NTSC and the sRGB colour space

Permabanned
Is this 120hz, couldn't see it on the initial specs? Also with the picture showing the DGM and the Dell in the middle, it appears the Dell produces far superior colour. You just have to look at the details on the light reflection on the floor which is more white than the DGM's blue. Maybe the DGM needs to be calibrated - I dunno.

Man of Honour
Is this 120hz, couldn't see it on the initial specs? Also with the picture showing the DGM and the Dell in the middle, it appears the Dell produces far superior colour. You just have to look at the details on the light reflection on the floor which is more white than the DGM's blue. Maybe the DGM needs to be calibrated - I dunno.

no, its a 60Hz model and i wouldn't judge anything based on a photo when it comes to colours. They will always look different as well between this DGM and the Dell U2711 simply because the U2711 is a wide gamut screen and this is standard gamut

Man of Honour
to owners with this screen, do you find the aspect ratio control in the OSD menu (options for wide and 4:3) does anything? after testing at lower resolutions the setting seems to do nothing at all.....perhaps while this option is listed in the OSD menu, there isn't a scaler and so it cant control the aspect ratio

try running a 4:3 resolution for instance or use an external device which inputs something other than 16:9 aspect and see whether that control makes any difference?

Soldato
to owners with this screen, do you find the aspect ratio control in the OSD menu (options for wide and 4:3) does anything? after testing at lower resolutions the setting seems to do nothing at all.....perhaps while this option is listed in the OSD menu, there isn't a scaler and so it cant control the aspect ratio

try running a 4:3 resolution for instance or use an external device which inputs something other than 16:9 aspect and see whether that control makes any difference?

I have posted this several times and for me it works as follows...

If I choose a 5:4 aspect ratio like 1280x1024 by using that option you noted I can get it to either fill the screen completely and thus stretch the image to fit, or it will display the correct aspect ratio and thus use bars to the side. Using that control will toggle that action either way.

The above applies for me with any none native 16:9 aspect ratio and I have just checked it again since I came from a DVI cable to a DP just to make sure that it still works and it does.

Hope that helps :)

Associate
no, its a 60Hz model and i wouldn't judge anything based on a photo when it comes to colours. They will always look different as well between this DGM and the Dell U2711 simply because the U2711 is a wide gamut screen and this is standard gamut

If the Dell U2711 was set to sRGB should the colours not look the same, I would have imagined that if you were viewing under Adobe RGB on the Dell that they would be different.

Man of Honour
ok thanks for testing. it doesn't seem to work at all on the screen i'm testing here which is odd. If i choose for instance 1600 x 1200 input resolution then it auto fills the screen no matter what. Switching between 'wide' and '4:3' modes does nothing. I've also tried it from another PC and from an external TV tuner over HDMI and can't get the screen to control the aspect ratio at all. i can from my graphics card without a problem.

You are able to see a change simply by changing that control in the OSD and nothing else then?

Man of Honour
If the Dell U2711 was set to sRGB should the colours not look the same, I would have imagined that if you were viewing under Adobe RGB on the Dell that they would be different.

should certainly be more similar from a colour gamut point of view, although setup of gamma, white point etc may vary by default

Soldato
ok thanks for testing. it doesn't seem to work at all on the screen i'm testing here which is odd. If i choose for instance 1600 x 1200 input resolution then it auto fills the screen no matter what. Switching between 'wide' and '4:3' modes does nothing. I've also tried it from another PC and from an external TV tuner over HDMI and can't get the screen to control the aspect ratio at all. i can from my graphics card without a problem.

You are able to see a change simply by changing that control in the OSD and nothing else then?

Absolutely. I just alternate between "Wide" and "4:3" and it alternates each and every time with doing nothing else at all.

In fact at 1440p when I press that button to alternate the monitor does a slight flicker in its attempts to alternate.

I have used 800x600 and it works a treat going from a "spare" box to a completely filled screen. I have also tried another 4:3 of 1600x1200 and that works fine also.

Hope that helps.

FWIW - I'm using a Asus GTX670 NVidia card with the latest drivers.

What GPU and method of connection are you using...?

Back
Top Bottom