**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
...Wondering about that A+ panel and no scalar now, if those are true or not.

Guess it's just up to testing now. (It's based off the crossover 2720MDP - which has scalar.)

They look identical so I would bet Crossover and DGM buy them from the same Korean factory and then just badge them as their own.

Associate
ARRGH!
It came with a Dual Link DVI in the box!
Doh Biffa!
I followed your advice in one of your earlier postings and ordered a Dual Link DVI.
To be honest, I am a bit surprised at the information we got from OcUK about the inclusion of a cable. I mean, you called the shop and they said "NO cable" and I contacted customer service and they said "Might be cable but can't say for sure." You would have thought that someone would have known.
That's £5.99 I didn't need to spend :(

[Update]
Got another reply from customer service this morning. They have checked the box and confirmed that a cable is not included so I'm not sure what to expect now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pics
Box as it arrived
IMAG1011.jpg

Cables:
IMAG1012.jpg

Base on, but still plastic covered:
IMAG1013.jpg

Plastic off:
IMAG1014.jpg

Rear of unit showing ports and "leather feel" back.
IMAG1016.jpg

Not sure about the distortion around the back of the ports, will see if it just pushes back in. Haven't had a chance to turn it on yet :)

Just checked again, its not distortion it just looks like that, its actually a cutaway to fit around the port there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine has arrived and it is set up fine.

The picture looks great and I can't see any pixel issue.
Using Windows at this resolution and picture quality seems fine.

The only slight issue I have noted is that the pivoting stand is not firm enough to allow small adjustments without it "falling" forward due to the weight of the monitor. I doubt, apart from returning it, there is much to do about that.

Initial impressions are very positive - just no bag of sweets found :(

Soldato
Mine has arrived and it is set up fine.

The picture looks great and I can't see any pixel issue.
Using Windows at this resolution and picture quality seems fine.

The only slight issue I have noted is that the pivoting stand is not firm enough to allow small adjustments without it "falling" forward due to the weight of the monitor. I doubt, apart from returning it, there is much to do about that.

Initial impressions are very positive - just no bag of sweets found :(

Any pics mate? The stand does look poor from what i have seen, i guess they have to cut corners somewhere. Any chance of running a console or similar through the hdmi?

Soldato
I do not have a console so I can't try that out, sorry.

Photo 1 shows it compared to a Dell 2409 24" monitor...

http://files.upit.me/1341397895.jpg

photo 2 shows it set with the appropriate resolution etc....

http://files.upit.me/1341345938.jpg

** Please resize images to no wider than 1024px before replacing image tags - thanks **

the two coasters are there due to the tilt issue but have now been improved upon :D

The stand is a little wobbly but when you feel the weight of the screen it is supporting it is understandable.

Soldato
You are much too observant :D

The altec speakers were about the same price that you paid and I have had them for years. They are absolutely superb as a set of speakers with the sub woofer box.

When I first connected it up my super doofer gold plated blah blah cable (24pin dual link) did not give a picture even though it was running with my 2409 - panic mode set in.
Swapping over to the supplied cable and, as you can see, all is well.

It came with two "handled" type screws. One to fit in the base to attach it to the monitor arm and the other....

must be spare

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for posting pics. Screen seems a "little" reflective! Now im going to have to go out and spend some money on some decent light stopping curtains. ;) Oh, and OMG, how it seems to swamp that 24" display. Wife is going to moan like hell until she gets used to this beast!

Great colour on that screen, sooo looking forward to hooking mine up to the PC.

Last edited:
Soldato
I noticed, more from the photo than in actual use, that the screen seems reflective and I suppose it is more so than the totally matt 2409 that I have been used to. It doesn't help where I have got mine as it faces a bright window - still I can close the curtains if needed.

It is not just the size difference to the 24" it is the diffierence in resolution which contributes to the seemingly massive amount of desktop space I now have.

But, just like the SSD or 50" plasma, I know that I will just get used to that and other monitors will just seem small rather than mine being big, it tends to work like that.

Soldato
With the monitor absolutely vertical it will start to tip forward. Maybe others are better in that respect..? If it does support itself then a small movement of the desk will cause it to tip forward.
I have got it supported and, as I noted, there is a lot of weight on a not so tight or robust arm.

Also I have noted that I get no boot screen etc until the PC is booted into Windows.

I have searched and seen quite a few other posts like this with that other Korean type monitor.

Forgot to mention that the PSU is a separate brick type for those who do not know.

Associate
Also I have noted that I get no boot screen etc until the PC is booted into Windows.

Does this mean you can't enter into bios? Also what happens when you go into a none native resolution? - specifically a 4:3 resolution like 1600x1200 or 1280x1024. Thanks for taking the time to post info btw :)

Soldato
I have just totally powered down my PC now to see if it was the "scaler" or whatever being slow to react to resolution changes.
But powering the PC on the monitor will not detect a signal until Windows changes to the GUI. As I have a SSD it takes around 15 seconds to boot but as I get the first beep on powering on (just prior to the POST) I press delete and I assume I am in the BIOS but the monitor will not show a screen.

This is connected via DVI.

I have noted that another poster has the same issue (different forum and just a general search) with a different branded monitor and they use a VGA cable to display and thus get into the BIOS.

I don't mind posting it it helps others to make a more informed choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom