** Diablo 4 Thread **

SPG

SPG

Suspended
I tell ya, you really should try Warhammer Inquisitor its really scratching a itch for some reason, its more grim dawn and POE/Diablo, some silly builds to be had (duel pistols are a riot)

Associate
I tell ya, you really should try Warhammer Inquisitor its really scratching a itch for some reason, its more grim dawn and POE/Diablo, some silly builds to be had (duel pistols are a riot)
Just started trying this after wanting something similar, it's on Xbox game pass as well :), it's enjoyable and worth a try

Last edited:
Associate
Just started trying this after wanting something similar, it's on Xbox game pass as well :), it's enjoyable and worth a try
I don't see it on Game Pass. I ckecked yesterday and the only way to access it was via purchase from MS Store ( base game, ultimate edition etc ). I believe the original base game was on Xbox Gold maybe a couple of years ago, so perhaps you tagged it then ? I wasn't prepared to cough up £49.99 for the Ultimate edition last night ; I'm a big ARPG and Warhammer fan but knowing what previous Neocore games have been like I'd prefer to wait for a sale.

Associate
I don't see it on Game Pass. I ckecked yesterday and the only way to access it was via purchase from MS Store ( base game, ultimate edition etc ). I believe the original base game was on Xbox Gold maybe a couple of years ago, so perhaps you tagged it then ? I wasn't prepared to cough up £49.99 for the Ultimate edition last night ; I'm a big ARPG and Warhammer fan but knowing what previous Neocore games have been like I'd prefer to wait for a sale.
Ah I thought it was on games pass, my bad looks like it was free with gold a couple of years ago

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Inquisitor is excellent :) I really enjoyed the story line with Ad Mech (I think this is available through Prophecy). It's not something I'd play regularly but it's a really fun game to play through.

Associate
It was just on sale £14 for the entire bundle.

Its my go to ARPG at the moment.
I'd definitely pick it up at that price. Was that on Steam ? It's on sale on the Playstation store but that version is meant to have significant performance issues.

Last edited:
Associate
I found what they were discussing to be completely lacklustre.
This endgame feels more like The Division than PoE
dunno why you want poe end game as that map system is a decade old now and not that fun.

I had more fun leveling to 25 in diablo4 than in poe.

end game seems like a good blend between progress and challenge.
June, the hell awaits

Soldato
dunno why you want poe end game as that map system is a decade old now and not that fun.

June, the hell awaits

The poe map system has been updated a million times it's nothing like it was 10 years ago.

They are fundamentally different games for a different crowd. If you wanna play a console arpg that's easy to pick up and play go for d4.

If you want a game that will get your noggin working on more than 3 brain cells learn the complexities of poe and you'll have years of gameplay.

Don't have the time to learn poe, then you have d4.

I played D4 to 25 on all 5 classes over both weekends, I had fun and when I got bored I stopped playing D4 and played some poe or last epoch.

D3K

D3K

Soldato

June, the hell awaits

Doesn't necessarily have to mirror PoE, but it's lacking anything of substance so far that defines this as different to other games.
  • World tiers. Just harder more loot. Same as D3 Torments#
  • Nightmare dungeons. Again just harder more loot
  • Aspects. Can't actually believe that they list this busy work as an endgame feature. We already saw it in beta. I will fill it out, once, then never again except for the targetted aspects for my char
  • Bounties. Same as D3, but this time it's RNG rewards at a tree.
  • PvP. Right. Gonna appeal to a small demographic. Few people care about pvp in ARPG.
I was hoping to see a unique endgame system that is different to D3 and somehow unique to D4 amongst the other ARPGs. I am sure they could be capable of adding more to the game over seasons, but we have no guarantee. I will play the hell out of this, but not sure for how many seasons.

Associate
The poe map system has been updated a million times it's nothing like it was 10 years ago.

They are fundamentally different games for a different crowd. If you wanna play a console arpg that's easy to pick up and play go for d4.

If you want a game that will get your noggin working on more than 3 brain cells learn the complexities of poe and you'll have years of gameplay.

Don't have the time to learn poe, then you have d4.

I played D4 to 25 on all 5 classes over both weekends, I had fun and when I got bored I stopped playing D4 and played some poe or last epoch.
poe isnt complex, its bloated.
and a crafting simulator vs an arpg nowadays.
Doesn't necessarily have to mirror PoE, but it's lacking anything of substance so far that defines this as different to other games.
  • World tiers. Just harder more loot. Same as D3 Torments#
  • Nightmare dungeons. Again just harder more loot
  • Aspects. Can't actually believe that they list this busy work as an endgame feature. We already saw it in beta. I will fill it out, once, then never again except for the targetted aspects for my char
  • Bounties. Same as D3, but this time it's RNG rewards at a tree.
  • PvP. Right. Gonna appeal to a small demographic. Few people care about pvp in ARPG.
I was hoping to see a unique endgame system that is different to D3 and somehow unique to D4 amongst the other ARPGs. I am sure they could be capable of adding more to the game over seasons, but we have no guarantee. I will play the hell out of this, but not sure for how many seasons.

aprg games had same level 3x just harder.
Like grim dawn has atm.
poe had that to and then did a threadmill 10 acts.
diablo4 has chose your progress vs threadmill.
Maps vs dungeons, no difference.
Juice maps or play higher torment (less hassle with diablo4).

No difference between games unless you want to endlessly grind mats in poe and craft or simply play diablo4 and enjoy your progress while having a challenge.
I like to say that poe is for ppl with no life outside games and diablo4 is for everyone with a life outside games.

end game is simply provide a challenge to progress
diablo4 does just that with paragons and dungeons.

Back
Top Bottom