Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Soldato
For us it's :
  • The usual Christmas team party at a nice restaurant
  • An extra £500 'cost of living' gift payment in December salary this year

Last edited:
Soldato
My employer (280K people) is under a worldwide hiring freeze, so my Christmas bonus is to continue to be an employee, which feels like a gift right now, given the wider macroeconomic climate and company finance belt tightening.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never get anything, not even a card.

My previous employer gave everyone a frozen chicken.....they were a builders merchant :confused:

Still, a frozen chickens better than nothing I guess.

Soldato
I've never understood how our Christmas bonuses work. Sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. There's no individual 'grading', I think it's just more on how the company has done. We get a fantastic company Christmas party (c 1200 people), a great team party too (35 odd) on a different night. And then we're fortunate enough to be invited to 5/6 parties by our vendors/suppliers which are usually fairly decent. They're actually all kicking off next week, one at the Shard, one at Claridges for example which hopefully will be nice! There's always a few hampers kicking around for the execs who inevitably divvy them out to us all.

Caporegime
We all got Christmas hampers with supposedly £250 worth of food inside and an MS giftcards worth £100 supposedly to buy alcohol

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Boss always pays for us all to go out drink as much and eat as much as we want.

Also gives us all £500 cash each but we are a team of 9 people still good though I think.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Underboss
Bonus at the end of Dec and a payrise end of Jan.

They also gave us a £600 cost of living bump split over the last 6 months which was very nice.

Xmas meal is in Jan as it's much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom