Die Hard 4

Nitefly said:
Just returned and thought it was pretty good, yet tainted by some 'Thats... impossible' moments that the other films didn't have. Whilst this would be ok in any other action film, it just didn't fit in with the other die hards which were more realistic.
That's what really turned off about the film when I saw the trailer. The first two films(well, just the first one really) were pretty grounded in their realism, as was the character compared to other 80's movies. I don't think I'll be going to the cinema to view it.

fornowagain said:
Yeah cos jumping of a sky scraper and with a hose pipe for a rope or landing on jumbo jets wing from a helicopter happens all the time :D
That was crazy, but not OTT. OTT in this film was the Truck going up the ramp in the harrier fight and the woman who just did not die!

For example, in Terminator 2 the van chase with helicopter and liquid nitrogen truck was completely over the top and insane, yet believable.

This was unbelievable as James Bond pulling a wheelie in a TRUCK in Licenced to Kill. Now THAT was bad!

Nitefly said:
That was crazy, but not OTT. OTT in this film was the Truck going up the ramp in the harrier fight and the woman who just did not die!

For example, in Terminator 2 the van chase with helicopter and liquid nitrogen truck was completely over the top and insane, yet believable.

This was unbelievable as James Bond pulling a wheelie in a TRUCK in Licenced to Kill. Now THAT was bad!

That bit made me laugh. :D

She got smashed through several windows, and solid walls, then managed to be in perfect condition.

"She's at the bottom of an elevator shaft with an SUV in her ass" :D

Lol, ok. They're all a bit silly, thats the point. I don't find any of them remotely believable, doesn't interfere with me enjoying the ride. Jumping out a moving car at 60mph would take all your skin off, end of film. I loved the truck rig bit, best bit of the film for me, each to their own.

Last edited:
G-MAN2004 said:
Thought the guy said it was a F-35?

The jet in Die Hard 4.0 is an F/A 22 Raptor

The F-35 is the JSF (joint strike fighter) which is to replace the harrier in a few years time.

F/A 22:

f2209aq2.jpg

F 35 JSF:

f3520first20flight20121oe8.jpg

Notice how the design of the two is very similar however the F 35 has a big jet exhaust nozzle at the back whereas the F 22 has 2 smaller ones. Whoever said the F 35 is in Die Hard 4.0 was wrong (wikipedia). The two can be easily mistaken though.

Im not sure of going to see this at all. If it was a 15/18 sure but a PG? come on. No swearing or lots of violence (even though it looks pretty violent :) ) but thats the Die Hard image.

PG put me off it otherwise I would have seen it already, but I'll think about it. One question though from the trailer he says "Yipee kiya..." what does he say after? from the other Die Hard movies it's MF so?

SK07 said:
Im not sure of going to see this at all. If it was a 15/18 sure but a PG? come on. No swearing or lots of violence (even though it looks pretty violent :) ) but thats the Die Hard image.

PG put me off it otherwise I would have seen it already, but I'll think about it. One question though from the trailer he says "Yipee kiya..." what does he say after? from the other Die Hard movies it's MF so?

I think he said MF after it in this one as well, can't really remember that well...

SK07 said:
Im not sure of going to see this at all. If it was a 15/18 sure but a PG? come on. No swearing or lots of violence (even though it looks pretty violent ) but thats the Die Hard image.
It's a 15?

Gonzo0 said:
The jet in Die Hard 4.0 is an F/A 22 Raptor
The F-35 is the JSF (joint strike fighter) which is to replace the harrier in a few years time. Notice how the design of the two is very similar however the F 35 has a big jet exhaust nozzle at the back whereas the F 22 has 2 smaller ones. Whoever said the F 35 is in Die Hard 4.0 was wrong (wikipedia). The two can be easily mistaken though.

Nice. Must be a new hybrid of the two, a hovering F-22B.

I'm fairly sure they called it an F-35 and I saw a single swiveling exhaust (pic) and lift-fan vents opening. Then a lump of concrete fell in the top fan. Ignoring the exhaust, looks from the front, like a F-22, otherwise more F-35. Call it poetic license.

Movie

F-35B

F-22

http://www.livefreeordiehard.com/index_site.html

Last edited:
I had no idea what rating it was before I went in, it was suitably violent for my tastes, not gory but enough people getting shot/blown up to suit me.

Not going to see a movie because of the rating it has is a bit :confused:

fornowagain said:
Nice. Must be a new hybrid of the two, a hovering F-22B.

I'm fairly sure they called it an F-35 and I saw a single swiveling exhaust (pic) and lift-fan vents opening. Then a lump of concrete fell in the top fan. Ignoring the exhaust, looks from the front, like a F-22, otherwise more F-35. Call it poetic license.

Movie
<SNIP>

Actually i am wrong, in that first freeze from that you took you can see the rear exhaust of the F-35 pointing downwards while its hovering and firing. This just proves how easy it is to mistake the F-35 and F-22.

richyfingers said:
I had no idea what rating it was before I went in, it was suitably violent for my tastes, not gory but enough people getting shot/blown up to suit me.

Not going to see a movie because of the rating it has is a bit :confused:

No not at all. I will go see a movie that is PG for sure. But point is it's DIE HARD and when it's die hard what do you expect? exactly. Blood, guns, violence, swearing, killing etc. When I hear the rating PG going with Die Hard it's like :confused:

Still I'll go see it now. Once I've seen Hostel 2 that is ;)

Gonzo0 said:
Actually i am wrong, in that first freeze from that you took you can see the rear exhaust of the F-35 pointing downwards while its hovering and firing. This just proves how easy it is to mistake the F-35 and F-22.

Yea, I was going to say.. I haven't a clue about planes but I know the hacker guy with glasses definitely said " F thirty five".

Back
Top Bottom