DiRT Rally Hits Steam Early Access

Soldato
Not entirely sure on a major publisher going the early access route but at least they are being honest that you're testing the game ;)

Caporegime
Not entirely sure on a major publisher going the early access route but at least they are being honest that you're testing the game ;)

well atleast these guys do rally. they did a rally at weekend in there subaru .

will probably get this tonight or tomorrow do videos on it.

Soldato
[y]ZWnebLUI5Vw[y]

I haven't played a Rally game since Colin Mcrae 2005. I had Dirt 3 on the Xbox but I wasn't a fan. I'm very tempted to buy this if it is just Rally driving.

The guy in the video mentioned that their hasn't been a good sim since Richard Burns Rally. I never played this game but what do people think between the two? Which is better?

Soldato
Questions.

Are we back to decent distance stages that require you to be on the edge of things for 5-10 minutes like the original mcrea series.

And are we back to narrowing courses with a degree of difficulty?. The problem with the dirt series rally sections, certainly with the last, was the mile wide tracks.

Some of the stages from the original series were pure epic in terms of adrenaline rushes, what made the series so addicting (Greece 2 Corsica 3), no matter what you thought of the physics.

Hopefully it's hammer time if it is truly is going back.

Suspended
Wow this does look good, I LOVE Rally games, and loved RBR still play it now, can't help but look at videos and the psychics look similar to DiRT 3? is this the case? so happy about the car selection though Group B etc the reall rally monsters ;)

Oh and that Audi Quattro sound..........

Associate
EA from Codemasters is a lot better than EA from an indie dev. Part of the problem with indie EA is you don't know that the game will be finished or that the devs won't go bankrupt. With a big dog like Codemasters you can be sure they will finish the game, since their only reason for doing this is to get player feedback and make it better, not to bail them out of bankruptcy.

Edit also just noticed they are INCREASING the price throughout EA. ABout time devs started giving us incentives to buy EA!

Last edited:
Caporegime
i feel sorry for some of the abuse i gave a dev who works on the games.

about a year ago i asked why they couldnt make a rally game like rbr. its been out like ten yrs nothing is as good which is strange.

i asked if they could make tracks tighter more sim like and basically be better than rbr.

when this popped up today i was really happy as i knew that they had been listening to what people were asking for.

just brought my copy will get wheel out later have a blast . stick some videos up later.

Back
Top Bottom