• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13

D13

Associate
Stop arguing over price, none of you know what the prices are actualy going to be and no amount of shouting "NO YOU!" is going to change that.

NO YOU

haha juz kidding, seriously though its not going to be long before we find out, but I would say that demand for the cards is going to be ultra high (assuming the performance is descent) and you just know they will cost a bomb.

Associate
As long as the 5870 outperforms the GTX285 then the price could justifiably be higher. However, I think that ATI will do their best to blow NVIDIA out of the water until they release their next gen. Just a guess but the 5870 will be the same or slightly undercut the GTX285 in price and may settle at £200 until the GT300's arrive.

Let's wait and see who's right :D

Associate
Surely ATI have to be aiming at the 5870 performing at the speed of the 4870x2 while being at the GTX 285's current price point at a bare minimum.

Suspended
I think ATI will be the DX11 king this time round perhaps...

Until nvidia release their card then we can all argue with which is better value again. :)

Surely ATI have to be aiming at the 5870 performing at the speed of the 4870x2 while being at the GTX 285's current price point at a bare minimum.

I'm hoping the is true and if so i'll definitely be picking one up. :)

Of course if it's only slightly faster then a GTX285 then I won't.

Last edited:
Soldato
ive been readin this thread for a while now and though i would post as im planning on getting a new pc soon as these cards come out. it Would seem like the place where im gettin the card maybe has them in stock already and is just waiting for ati to let them sell them...
according to the email.

heres the mail i got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email.

We will be launching the new 5 series card within the next week and half, once we have been given the go ahead from ATI.
If you can provide me with the following details I will be able to create a quotation for you answering all your queries and also advise you once the graphics card have been launched.

I might be readin it wrong but it sounds good to me.

Soldato

if that happens it should be very close to Nvidia's next gen, hopefully it stays that way.

Lucky ATi are coming out first with their cards, if it were them being late then Nvidia would be charging stupid prices until ATi would have released theirs.

D13

D13

Associate
ive been readin this thread for a while now and though i would post as im planning on getting a new pc soon as these cards come out. it Would seem like the place where im gettin the card maybe has them in stock already and is just waiting for ati to let them sell them...
according to the email.

heres the mail i got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email.

We will be launching the new 5 series card within the next week and half, once we have been given the go ahead from ATI.
If you can provide me with the following details I will be able to create a quotation for you answering all your queries and also advise you once the graphics card have been launched.

I might be readin it wrong but it sounds good to me.

in that case lets see some quotations

Soldato
I am pretty sure they will be faster, I remember seeing a video of one of the designers of the 4xxx and stating that they have a solid roadmap based on the technology etc.

Nvidia need to be more cost effective IMO, they may be able to create a fast GPU but I doubt, as it is currently, be able to offer it at a decent price point. It's interesting to see they are battling on other fronts (free glasses, PhysX etc) but to me they are out of touch with the consumer...I'm expecting it now, 285s to be renamed to 360s :p

Soldato
I think Nvidia need to start pushing the boundaries first and thinking about cost second. ATI have handed them the high end, but they seem unwilling to really push high end cards out. Everything they build is over the top cost wise and only slightly faster.

If they can start living up their own marketing hype with the next card, then I think it will give some options when Intel start making cards.

If ATI do start to get cards out of the door in September time, and Nvidia cant respond before Christmas then I am pritty sure Nvidia will skip this round as ATI could hit back with beefed up DX11 cards for a even lower price. I doubt ATI would do this, but I am sure that would be the thinking at Nvidia.

Permabanned
On a hardware forum about graphics card yet to release, ooft, not much gets past you son ;)

Speculation, is all it ever was and is, from any of us, tis the point.

Stop being so smarmy, that's the problem. You're so full of smarm, then complain when some one makes a comments about the fact that you're 'speculating' without actually using your brain.

There's speculation, and then there's idiot thought. You're doing the latter.

Soldato
On a hardware forum about graphics card yet to release, ooft, not much gets past you son ;)

Speculation, is all it ever was and is, from any of us, tis the point.

Speculation (flawed a lot of the time) < Hardware news site with track record of reliable information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom