• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids dont pay for anything, they just crave it. As an adult its pay now and play relevant games when the next card arrives but it keeps the Nv vs ATi battle going which is what we all love.

It mean AMD are struggling financially and technologically now as Intel and Nvidia are the big guns in their respective space.

PLease but them as its keep us all excited.

Kids dont pay for anything, they just crave it. As an adult its pay now and play relevant games when the next card arrives but it keeps the Nv vs ATi battle going which is what we all love.

It mean AMD are struggling financially and technologically now as Intel and Nvidia are the big guns in their respective space.

Whilst AMD are trailing Intel in the performance stakes, they make their monies from the server sector where they're doing really well.

Plus, being an adult, it's possible to get much better things than when you were a kid, and I suppose also have a better appreciation for such things too.

Amd are richer than Intel and not even close to in trouble financially, and technologically, they are basically on par with Intel in terms of production and manufacturing, they are delayed and behind where they wanted to be due to being limited to two fabs making the switch to 65nm, then 40nm very difficult to do. They have an incredibly good network of companies working together on manufacturing process and they have just started work on a 4-6billion new fab which frankly, will be the best fab on the planet, second to nothing, including anything Intel have currently.

The GloFo/AMD partnership just bought out a manufacturing company in, Singapore IIRC, for around 15billion was it?

Amd financial trouble, yet their partnership has spent upwards of 20billion in the past 6 months, yup, they're hurting, reallll bad..........

I also personally, wouldn't buy Nvidia again now, big guy in their space? Both AMD and Intel are moving to intergrated gfx on the cpu die, intergrated graphics mobo's and low end gfx cards sales will dry up to nothing, thats Nvidia entire profit base wiped out in a single move by the two "big guns" in the industry. Nvidia will be relegated to their mid-high end range, which is fairly low volume with fairly low profits, with no capital, competing against two giants that produce their own intergrated gpu/cpu's, mobo chips and discrete gpu's at a price Nvidia can't come close to matching by making their chips through a 3rd party company.

Its still looking like Nvidia dont' have anything in next gen consoles, are looking to be pushed out of the intergrated and low end sector completely and won't be able to come close to competitive on chip pricing due to 3rd party manufacture. Their only real chance beyond 2-3 years from now is being bought out by Intel, but I see little reason for Intel to do so, if the market moves to very different GPU's, more low small efficient like AMD's core's, or towards Larabee type products, they don't have much to offer except personel, who they can just offer jobs to anyway without paying for the Nvidia name.

Last edited:
Amd are richer than Intel and not even close to in trouble financially, and technologically, they are basically on par with Intel in terms of production and manufacturing, they are delayed and behind where they wanted to be due to being limited to two fabs making the switch to 65nm, then 40nm very difficult to do. They have an incredibly good network of companies working together on manufacturing process and they have just started work on a 4-6billion new fab which frankly, will be the best fab on the planet, second to nothing, including anything Intel have currently.

The GloFo/AMD partnership just bought out a manufacturing company in, Singapore IIRC, for around 15billion was it?

Amd financial trouble, yet their partnership has spent upwards of 20billion in the past 6 months, yup, they're hurting, reallll bad..........

I also personally, wouldn't buy Nvidia again now, big guy in their space? Both AMD and Intel are moving to intergrated gfx on the cpu die, intergrated graphics mobo's and low end gfx cards sales will dry up to nothing, thats Nvidia entire profit base wiped out in a single move by the two "big guns" in the industry. Nvidia will be relegated to their mid-high end range, which is fairly low volume with fairly low profits, with no capital, competing against two giants that produce their own intergrated gpu/cpu's, mobo chips and discrete gpu's at a price Nvidia can't come close to matching by making their chips through a 3rd party company.

Its still looking like Nvidia dont' have anything in next gen consoles, are looking to be pushed out of the intergrated and low end sector completely and won't be able to come close to competitive on chip pricing due to 3rd party manufacture. Their only real chance beyond 2-3 years from now is being bought out by Intel, but I see little reason for Intel to do so, if the market moves to very different GPU's, more low small efficient like AMD's core's, or towards Larabee type products, they don't have much to offer except personel, who they can just offer jobs to anyway without paying for the Nvidia name.

I really can't decide whether you're kidding or not...

Intel had a revenue of $37bn vs AMD $5bn in 2008, so I don't see how you can say AMD are richer than Intel, whose stock is still worth more, and are making significantly lower losses as a proportion of their income & equity.

(Intel even outdoes nVidia + ATI in the graphics sector due to their mass of terrible graphics chips, but that is another story really)

Last edited:
drunkenmaster is smoking crack in the morning again.

Anyway, nobody knows when the NDA will be lifted or what kind of details we're going to get today so lets stop making up stuff.

Last edited:
All I have read recently is bad news for AMD in the mobile, desktop and server space. Adding more cores might be a fixation for some but not for all or else the i5/i7 would not be bumping up the Mhz on single threaded tasks as its not all black and white now is it.

Once AMD were up there but clinging to several strategic errors (on die quad core for example) had caused them problems becuase it did not result in a faster CPU, in fact its a dud now relative to i7 and i5. This is the issue really. AMD once caught Intel on the back foot and did wonders for us all and made Intel more and more competitive until they caught up and now will not be caught again.

Intel have more R&D, more engineers and more money. AMD did capture 22% of the market but its now down to around 16% and thats hurting.

that power consumtion is really good if its true, i would buy the card just for that to save some electricity bill.

now weres the video of ati in a plane testing the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom