• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm losing track of what's going on. Is the 5870x2 coming later or releasing with the other cards?
Does anyone think having a pci-e 1.0 x16 slot would cause a problem with this card?

D13

D13

Associate
I think this comes down to past performance is not an indicator of future performance. People haven't used multiple displays in the past because it required extra hardware or software and could be tricky to set up and wasn't always compatible with the software/games they wanted to use. In the future they will because it is now a very simple solution and will soon be pretty cheap too.

It's like Henry Ford being told his model T wouldn't catch on because only a small percentage of people used cars. The model T was cheap and simple to use and it changed the world.

I dont know about that, although this will surely increase the amount of ppl who oculd consider using multiple screens, the main obstacles are there. I think vast majority of ppl will still prefer a single larger screen, and even then the biggest individual monitors you could buy today cost a fortune. Multiple high quality monitors is something I think only few ppl will consider.

Then add onto that the fact you need serious enthusiast class gpu to run it 4870x2/gtx295 (these demos dont seem to show EXACTLY what hardware is being used to run what, i mean is that flight sim?)

I still think ity is safe to assume that if you are intending to play games on beefy 2560x1600 you will need to be coughing up the big bucks, maybe £350-£400. I might be wrong but combined with additional cost of multiple monitors I cant see that ever being mainstream, only niche for serious enthusiasts.

Soldato
Who wants to see the PCB :)

add_logo.php

add_logo.php

Looks spiffy :)

Associate
What is it with all these pointless pictures, seriously is anyone interested whats inside a a GPU:rolleyes:

We have had loads of pictures, seems someone has there hands on these cards, instead of taking the bloody thing apart and wacking one off how it looks, stick the bloody thing in a computer and run the god damn thing!!!!:D

I see another picture of a block of metal, im going to jump out my window:eek:

Man of Honour
Think ill wait 8 months and pick one up for pennies :D does look good mind, would be good for my multi monitor setup also.

Will wait to see what NVIDIA bring to the table before any decisions are made I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom