• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is really interesting, the more power something takes the more heat is produced, so i'm really looking forward to seeing how cool these new cards will be if it only idles at 27w!

Soldato
Just for comparisons sake you think 2x 5870s with a i7 @4.2 will get 60+fps avarage on crysis ????? it seems plausable as 1 gets 45 avarage....

gonna be nice seeing crysis at 60 as its smooth as butters bum at 30s.

Soldato
2.72TFLOPS, very nice. Also, it certainly looks a bit less garish when the pictures are of a reasonable quality. I mean if it weren't for the weird red vents at the back I'd go as far as to say it looked good. Also the heatsink looks nice and meaty, with it consuming a very reasonable amount of power. It seems ATi are on to a winner here, again. Hopefully it doesn't win too hard against GT300 though, eh? That would be boring and probably expensive in the long run.

But yeah, damn, only got my 4870 in February. I doubt that I'll pick one of these up, though.

Soldato
2.72TFLOPS, very nice. Also, it certainly looks a bit less garish when the pictures are of a reasonable quality. I mean if it weren't for the weird red vents at the back I'd go as far as to say it looked good. Also the heatsink looks nice and meaty, with it consuming a very reasonable amount of power. It seems ATi are on to a winner here, again. Hopefully it doesn't win too hard against GT300 though, eh? That would be boring and probably expensive in the long run.

But yeah, damn, only got my 4870 in February. I doubt that I'll pick one of these up, though.

I'm sure nVidia will pull through with bare minimum or better, to make things work out in competitive market, again.

I think this is something to count on as a Birthday present...? (In April) :p

Soldato
6.jpg

dam that looks like the new alien colonys pc game :) does look real nice.

It's using DX11 also.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Soldato
188W for the GPU only does make it sound quite toasty.

To be fair, that's more or less equal to the GTX260, according to Nvidia at least, the power consumption is 183W for the 260. So sure, it's not exactly an energy saving tree hugging card, but it's not like it's way up there with the dual-GPU power guzzing monsters, or even the 4890 for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom