• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Soldato
Wow, only just caught up on all this! Eyefinity looks awesome, and if I actually had a multi-monitor system, would sell it for me. The £300 it costs for a TH2GO is irrelevant now, if you want to go for multi-display setups. Unless nvidia can pull something out, ATI will be the only choice for gaming over several screens.

Soldato
5870 can handle that but its the 6output version... special version fo the 5870

This is the info Drake22 was trying to link

5800c.jpg

if this is real........ well ... we hope it is!

Associate
While all eyes are on the Radeon HD 5800 "Cypress" series, there is another series quietly brewing beneath AMD which NVIDIA should be really afraid of. It is targeted at the mainstream market which is no doubt the most important segment for both camps.

Juniper XT and LE will be officially named Radeon HD 5770 and Radeon HD 5750 respectively when launched. HD 5770 card is codenamed Countach while HD 5750 is codenamed Corvette and they both come with 1GB GDDR5 memories on 128-bit memory interface. Juniper will possess all the features of its higher end counterpart like 40nm, DX11, Eyefinity technology, ATI Stream, UVD2, GDDR5 and best of all, it is going to be very affordable.

One of the reason why AMD is not mass producing Radeon HD 4700 (RV740) series now is because HD 5700 series will be replacing it soon and will come one month after HD 5800 series. It will meet head on against the NVIDIA's D10P1 (GT215) series in October so expect a full fledge war then. With a performance target of 1.6x over the HD 4770 and 1.2x over the HD 4750, they are surely packed with enough power to pit against the NVIDIA's lineup. Pair them up and you will get a boost of 1.8x which is roughly the performance of a Cypress card.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/juniper...-and-juniper-le-is-hd-5750/7626.html?doc=7626

Associate
im real happy ati are making a comeback, i really want them to come out top. i always used to feel sorry for them when they brought out new cards that could not get close to nvids, thats been changing slowly but maybe now nvids new cards will be slower than ati's. at least then nvid would think twice about ripoff prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom