• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
init, they don't seem to be out there to fudge anyone over unlike a certain other company. it will (if they are the victors of this generation) show that nice guys don't always finish last. think i am turning into a ati fanboy since replacing my dead 8800gtx with a 4870 1gb, so please excuse my "fannage".

Caporegime
Some more pictures...

HD5870b.jpg

HD5870a.jpg

HD5870x4.jpg

Associate
If that graph is right then oh my gentle jesus...........

I wonder what kind of planet crushing performance the 5870x2 will manage? I dont think I'll bother waiting to see what Nvidia do if these perform that well.

Soldato
If that graph is right then oh my gentle jesus...........

I wonder what kind of planet crushing performance the 5870x2 will manage? I dont think I'll bother waiting to see what Nvidia do if these perform that well.

Nvidia are gonna have to have something special instore, no regurgitated cards with a new name this time.

Soldato
Can't see that many people wanting to read through all 1650 replies :p

I did 8(.

if the low lvl cards are that powerful then nvidia could be in a world of hurt if they just add 10.1 to g200 series, but you never know with them it could get very interesting between them both.

Soldato
if the low lvl cards are that powerful then nvidia could be in a world of hurt if they just add 10.1 to g200 series, but you never know with them it could get very interesting between them both.
I bet nvidia already has some cards ready to release to go up against these new ATI cards.......
Nvidia have always released a card/s within a few weeks to match or beat whatever ATI puts out...

Associate
In crysis at least a 5870 beats a 295gtx,

Im thinking a 5850 will beat 285gtx in crysis then.

Will crysis be playable at 5760x1200 with 5870x2 with no AA?

bru

bru

Soldato
I cant see that benchmark against the crossfire 4890's and the gtx295 being right, it seems to contradict the other rumours of 1.4/1.8 more performance than a 4870.

where did that crysis graph come from anyway i cant find any source for it, just that link to russian site showing a post found on a chinese site that dosnt actually contain the corrosponding info at all. :D

The new countach (5770) and corvette (5750) cards seem to be pretty good if the performance estimates are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom