Dishonored - Thread

Ok but why are you finding it a grind? Is it the setting? gameplay mechanic? colour scheme? I don't mind negative criticism but it has to be constructive.

A grind to me is having to repeat a simple task to achieve something. I just don't see how it's applicable in this game at all, there's no levelling system, you don't need to grind for cash or any resource.

i think its the setting, the bland look and i just dont like the gameplay the teleporting and seeing through walls etc just not my bag, i can see why people like it, perhaps grind was the wrong word to use...all in all i just find it boring...

i think its the setting, the bland look and i just dont like the gameplay the teleporting and seeing through walls etc just not my bag, i can see why people like it, perhaps grind was the wrong word to use...all in all i just find it boring...

Then I have to ask did you not watch any trailers or anything? Because that was all fairly well discussed in previews etc :confused:

Then I have to ask did you not watch any trailers or anything? Because that was all fairly well discussed in previews etc :confused:

That is a thing I don't get in general. People are always saying the do not buy games at release because they have been let down etc.... A small amount of research is enough to tell whether I will enjoy a game. I have never been disappointed with a pre order.

A read of a few previews and a look at a trailer or two would tell you all you need to know about this game.

That is a thing I don't get in general. People are always saying the do not buy games at release because they have been let down etc.... A small amount of research is enough to tell whether I will enjoy a game. I have never been disappointed with a pre order.

A read of a few previews and a look at a trailer or two would tell you all you need to know about this game.

yeh im in 2 minds, i didn tlike bioshock bu ti like dues ex and i like the medieval type setting but wasnt that impressed by gameplay videos..i will buy though

^50 minutes? .....I spent over 4 hours just on the first mission!:p (but that is including wandering around The Hound Pits as well)

I've played this game for five hours and just completed the first mission. I'm really enjoying it so far and I think the graphics and art style are great. Best single player game of the year by a long way for me do far.

jesus i just installed this... installed at 9am and its not nearly 3! where did the time go. this game is fun as hell.. i am playing a mix of guns blazing and stealth. depends on my mood at the time :)

Great game! I was a little concerned after pre-ordering it as the responses in this thread were somewhat mixed. However I'm playing it on hard with all indicators off and it gives me that thief/deus ex vibe so pretty happy. I'm not a fan of the graphic style but besides that it does what it does very well.

However I'm playing it on hard with all indicators off

Me too....but I have to admit I have had to turn the mission objectives on twice, as I just haven't been able to find things, and in one mission I went through the whole area without setting off an alarm and almost got back to the boat before realizing I still had an objective to do, which was right in the middle of the area it took me ages to get in to!!:p
I have also had to turn it on once when I couldn't find Lord Pendleton in the Hound Pitts...he wanders around too much, i was looking for him for ages....

Dunwall Tower is another exceptionally well thought out environment

I forgot you could turn those off, I will do later as it was treating me like a simpleton.

Anyway if I had to chose a favourite part it would be the guard mumbling, so Thief like!

Back
Top Bottom