Dishonored - Thread

That is a thing I don't get in general. People are always saying the do not buy games at release because they have been let down etc.... A small amount of research is enough to tell whether I will enjoy a game. I have never been disappointed with a pre order.

A read of a few previews and a look at a trailer or two would tell you all you need to know about this game.

So, according to you, after reading a couple of reviews and watching a couple of trailers(not actual game play), you know 100% you will totally enjoy the game!
What a load of CRAP.
I watched a couple of videos and read some reviews, it looked and sounded like it would be really good, but i did`nt TOTALLY enjoy the game, as much as i thought i would. The characters lacked any depth and the script was very bland. Just could not immerse myself in Corvo, just did not feel as if i was Corvo, but more like a third party.
There are aspects of the game i did enjoy, but it is not a game i would rave about and certainly not class it as a GOTY.

I'm so bad at this stealthy thing it's untrue...

I am trying to use the sleep darts, honest guv... but then I just seem to feel the need to murder anything that moves :D

Loving it so far, may be in for another long night of it tonight!

I'm so bad at this stealthy thing it's untrue...

I am trying to use the sleep darts, honest guv... but then I just seem to feel the need to murder anything that moves :D

Loving it so far, may be in for another long night of it tonight!

I did that on my first run but my god did i face the consequences of my actions in the second mission.

I’ve clocked up 9 hrs so far, and I’m now at mission 6, the previous mission which I won’t want to say too much about was excellent, lady boyles party shows you just what the designers were up to, the love and attention shown to this game is amazing.

It’s a stunning bit of work, sadly though like any form of art and style, it’s not for everyone. It was a bold and brave move by the designers; the city feels very chilling, desolate and apart from the city watch its void of anything other then death and misery. But soon as you get to lady boyles party the game changes…

The graphical style really grows on you.

Game is very slow and you can only appreciate what you’re playing once you’ve learnt how to play correctly. Anyone running and gunning is missing out, I’ve only used the pistol a couple of times, more often then not I’ll sneak my way past, try and find a way in without being noticed, it takes time, skill and thinking. You see something, and think, how would or could I do this?

The sword fighting is excellent, choking guards and dragging them off to a corner so as not be noticed, going as high as possible to avoid detection… The city is just a dangerous and violent place, I literally sat for 10 mins working out guard movements, just waiting on a roof top, not wanting to drop down and get detected.

I’ll play through again and maybe go for a more lethal path but for now I’m balancing between a none lethal play through but sadly lethal force needed as Ive not done something right, or took a wrong move.

Very good game, looks stunning if you look at it correctly, lots of little details, lots of love been given to this game, GOTY for me so far.

Anyone else pick up the little hints as to whose heart it is?

You serious? You should have spoiler tagged that as i didn't know that it belonged to someone, i thought it was a random, meaningless heart that was given to you that just searched for runes etc...Honestly...

I'm out of this thread until i complete it.

Last edited:
that is not a spoiler 'Wes ....hearts are part of peoples bodies, everyone already knows this...it has to belong to someone

Plus you are never told whose it is anyway, it is just hinted at

If you really want, I will spoiler it, but you have to do the same with your quote now:p

I finished the game in around 9 hours I think. It was very good and that was doing pretty much everything in the none lethal approach, will be going back and playing it again while butchering the world to see how different the gameplay is.

Last edited:
I finished the game in around 9 hours I think. It was very good and that was doing pretty much everything in the none lethal approach, will be going back and playing it again while butchering the world to see how different the gameplay is.

Not too bad, I played the game for two hours then decided i'd killed too much and started again.. I'm now 9 hrs game time according to Steam so 7 hours in on my second go but taking my time, searching for coins etc...

I was going pretty stealthy, but I have killed pretty much all of those ninja guys I have come across. I don't kill most of the guards though, unless I am spotted when I will occasionally kill a few. So far I have spared 2 of the targets as well.

Just about to start the last mission, I will get something to eat and then finish this off. I have loved every minute of it, and barring a Mass Effect 3 level disaster this is GOTY by a mile for me.

I don't know how people have been finishing it so quickly though! ...Steam says I have been playing for 22 hours, and I by no means explore every area, or collect everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom