Dishonored - Thread

This is a spoiler concerning the story, so don't read if you have not killed the Lord Regent!

I don't even want to get my gear back! ....I hardly used the crossbow and never the gun....the game has hardly changed at all for me tbh. Though I might have struggled if I didn't put points in to Windblast before coming this far, as it is handy for the teleporting ninja guys

Played 18 hours, and I think there is a fair bit left as well, though I am aware that I am quite close to the end in terms of no of missions

Last edited:
*sweetfx before and after shots*

Most of the difference is because increasing HDR with sweetfx reduces brightness levels a fair whack. Once you've recalibrated there's little gained when it comes to pop - which is why most before and after sweetfx shots aren't comparing like for like- it's the added sharpness and making shiny things more shiny that stands out.

GG!

Mix of DE:HR and Thief, but not as subtle as Thief was in its stealth, and not as expansive as DE:HR. AI is quite predictable though. They can't get to you sometimes, and just give up. Good fun though, not too difficult.

Having to save and reload to see different completions. You can miss quite a lot on the Golden Cat mission, and a few others if you do a no-kill run, which takes quite a bit of the fun away. Lots of creative murdering and puzzle solving with Possession, Bend Time and Wind Blast.

This is a spoiler concerning the story, so don't read if you have not killed the Lord Regent!

I don't even want to get my gear back! ....I hardly used the crossbow and never the gun....the game has hardly changed at all for me tbh. Though I might have struggled if I didn't put points in to Windblast before coming this far, as it is handy for the teleporting ninja guys

Played 18 hours, and I think there is a fair bit left as well, though I am aware that I am quite close to the end in terms of no of missions

I just got to that part, and I can't even figure out how to get my gear back. There's a slot to put a whale oil cannister into, but the only cannisters I've found are empty and guarded by those spitting chrysalis things that are indestructible.

So yeah, I just moved onto the next area without bothering to get my stuff back. I'm sure I'll find replacement pistols and crossbows sooner or later.

^ Yeah I have found enough already tbh just in the initial area, a pistol and a few bullets(not that I use it much anyway), the real thing I could do with is a bit more mana tbh.

They are not indestructible btw, there are a few bullets, and also there are whiskey bottles laying around, which you can throw at them to set them on fire
Taking out those invisible *******s with air assassinations is incredibly satisfying!:p ....they thought they were stalking me, right up to the moment I landed on them:cool:

I think the whole game looks incredble, but the flooded district is especially beautiful

Last edited:
I just got to that part, and I can't even figure out how to get my gear back. There's a slot to put a whale oil cannister into, but the only cannisters I've found are empty and guarded by those spitting chrysalis things that are indestructible.

So yeah, I just moved onto the next area without bothering to get my stuff back. I'm sure I'll find replacement pistols and crossbows sooner or later.

There was a cannister generator right next to it :p

As soon as one of those things shoots at you, simply fire a shot inside them, 1 shot kill. Sometimes they even drop a pearl worth 50 coins. Or just throw a grenade amongst them, it blows them all apart.

I find the game very enjoyable, lots of different ways to outwit your opponents & get the objectives done. The power up's & unlocks, each one is very well thought out and have a definite impact on how you can go about each mission. The story line is very well written, crafted and put into the game play. The theme, style & graphical take on the game are very original and refreshing.

The replay value of the game for me is a winner I'm currently playing out all the missions as a blood thirsty assassin, taking down every guard I can find in devious but grossly satisfying ways keeping my chaos high. I will then replay the whole game in stealth mode unlocking all the stealth power ups next time round

As far as a single player game goes I fear it’s a little short... Need more missions would be my only criticism. Maybe a DLC or two in the future :)

Last edited:
i think its the setting, the bland look

WTF?

This is the least bland game I've played in 5yrs. The art direction and design is just out of the very top drawer - so lush, so well prepared, so simply stunning. The amount of love and time lavished on this game is just extraordinary.

Everything - from the seamless controls, perfect movement, lighting, endless possibilities - works.

This is GOTY for me without question. I spent 3-4hrs just on the preliminary missions (i.e before you reach the pub).

With blink and agility you become like the wind. And I'm really looking forward to replaying it when I eventually get to the end (using different powers perhaps).

So many different ways to complete each mission.

10/10.

:( games need to be longer, I've been taking my time and being cautious and in 9 hours i've got that far through.

No value for money these days :(

Yeah too short, but it's got some replayability, I'm doing one sneak playthrough, and one death machine playthrough. Same as say, Mass Effect 2, although it felt like a much, much bigger game.

At least it's a good start. I hope they develop the franchise and scope. I like the story side of things, and all the work that's gone into the character development, even though they are very, very limited, they make the most of what they had to work with in the scripts.

Back
Top Bottom