Dishonored - Thread

I played as a deadly assassin at first, not getting into fights with anyone, just silent kills.
Then half way through with the ninjas I started sword fighting & it is immense!! After that I made sure i got spotted just for the teleport sword fights :D

I'll start a 2nd play though in the next couple of days & try to be a ghost, in & out without being spotted. I can imagine it'll be tough :D

I managed to pretty much ghost the last level, had to kill one guard and the target, and didn't set of any alarms, so got the achievement for that

great set-piece there where he told me to pick up the key, then attached whilst I was picking it up...but I was ready for him:cool:

Looking back on the game, I didn't use powers other than Blink that much tbh, though I did have a bit of fun with possession towards the end.

Before I remapped the keys, I made several very loud and very hilarious mistakes whilst trying to quietly dispatch someone with my sword whilst my gun was drawn.

last level was a bit disappointing, seemed a bit too easy after some of the earlier ones. Deff gonna give this a replay, try the undetected route rather than slaying everyone :D

I've already said this, but I would give this game 9.5/10. The .5 is deducted only due to a slight lack of length.

The art direction, detail and design are simply stunning. The controls feel perfect (no PC port slackness here) - harkening back to the Quake II era.

The only thing I would love to see now is a level editor (I would love to see what the community can come up with) and a director mode where you can film yourself taking out a level/guards and then replay it back at different angles etc.

One thing that is bugging me is how bloody easy the game is if you go pure stealth/no kills.

Don't get me wrong I'm having a great time playing the game, it's just that even on Very Hard there just never seems to be any challenge.

One thing that is bugging me is how bloody easy the game is if you go pure stealth/no kills.

Don't get me wrong I'm having a great time playing the game, it's just that even on Very Hard there just never seems to be any challenge.

I thought this too, some levels you can slip in and out fairly quickly without even having to cover much of the map.

This kind of thing really annoys me, you could claim that this article sums up everything wrong with gaming nowadays-

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/10/16/dishonored-safe-combinations-explained/

We’ve enjoyed taking out a number of guards at once in just a few seconds, but when it comes to finding the combination code for a safe in Dishonored it has slowed us down, so we thought a hunt for a video showing all the different Dishonored safe combinations was in order
Why would you want to do this? ...if you can't find the combination for yourself, you can't open the safe!:p ...that is the essence of the game

Just completed the game, got the good/low chaos ending on Very Hard with Ghost, Shadow and Clean Hands achievements.

I have to say however much I enjoyed the games setting, art style, story and mechanics, it was far too easy.

Maybe I've not played enough stealth games, but I'm not finding it easy at all...

Thoroughly enjoying it though - keep skim-reading this thread so I don't read much in the way of spoilers!

Just completed the game, got the good/low chaos ending on Very Hard with Ghost, Shadow and Clean Hands achievements.

I have to say however much I enjoyed the games setting, art style, story and mechanics, it was far too easy.

It's not a difficult game by any stretch but did you manage that without using/abusing the save system?

It's the sort of game where if you're happy to reload after any error then it's very very easy to avoid being detected or taking any damage and get a flawless run, I'd be more impressed if you had done it from start to finish without ever reloading but I doubt that's the case?

Back
Top Bottom