Dishonored - Thread

Next playthorough however, is gonna be the murder-rampage of the century! Oh yes. Ramp up the difficulty a bit and have lots of hacky-slashy stabby shooty fun with guards... until they're all a pile of dismembered corpses :)

Doing this but without using the gun is amazing. Run straight into enemies and have sword fights whist blinking all over the place :D

Has anyone played this on a moderately good computer and a 360? Is there a gaping chasm in quality? I only ask because as a PC gamer Ive usually been all to happy to sit at my desk and hammer it out if the game is appreciably better on that platform, but too many things are designed for the xbox, in which case id rather be able to sit on my sofa and use my TV!

Well that was a fantastic game, clocked in at 12hrs and I did plenty and had a total blast..

I somehow managed to mix the game with starting out real stealthy, but then towards the end i was becoming a little more brutal, just the way the game drawed me in...

the more I played towards the end, the more I realised that the graphics were not rubbish but they did just what they intended and I am not upset I paid full price for this on release pre-order.

The powers were at times not needed, you could complete the whole game just using a few of them, but I had fun with most of them just because I could..

The combat worked really well, but I can say - its a short game if you simply blast your way through it, but you'll miss out on some excellent bits and side missions..

Has anyone played this on a moderately good computer and a 360? Is there a gaping chasm in quality? I only ask because as a PC gamer Ive usually been all to happy to sit at my desk and hammer it out if the game is appreciably better on that platform, but too many things are designed for the xbox, in which case id rather be able to sit on my sofa and use my TV!

Game is 100% better with mouse and keyboard IMO. Gamepad was slow and clunky so if you can, grab it for PC... you can also tweak the graphics, and it runs on moderate hardware.

Well that was a fantastic game, clocked in at 12hrs and I did plenty and had a total blast..

I somehow managed to mix the game with starting out real stealthy, but then towards the end i was becoming a little more brutal, just the way the game drawed me in...

the more I played towards the end, the more I realised that the graphics were not rubbish but they did just what they intended and I am not upset I paid full price for this on release pre-order.

The powers were at times not needed, you could complete the whole game just using a few of them, but I had fun with most of them just because I could..

The combat worked really well, but I can say - its a short game if you simply blast your way through it, but you'll miss out on some excellent bits and side missions..

I'm only half way through the game and that's taken me 12 hours so far.

Bought this morning, fantastic game runs at max settings with ease on my 670 SLI. I changed the mouse keys around, kinda odd they done that in the first place.
Just finished the first map (after the tutorial) done it without killing anyone. The non lethal way seems a lot worse than actually killing the objective:p
Very good game so far will play more tomorrow:D

How kinda lame :p

You get told to kill certain people and yet i've saved many of them and now my friends have started to complain about my killing spree?.

How kinda lame :p

You get told to kill certain people and yet i've saved many of them and now my friends have started to complain about my killing spree?.

Have you been killing the unnamed guards and weepers? Even if you spare the assassination targets, killing unnamed NPCs still counts against you.

Just finished this. Absolutely loved it, just wished it was a little longer.

Hopefully additional content will be released with more missions. :)

Agreed. The most major complaint I've seen people make about this game is how short it is for the price-tag. Personally, I think there's plenty there for £30, but whatever. I had a big laugh this morning when I had a look in the playstation network store, and saw Dishonored being sold for £50.

Finished it, what an epic game, what started off so amazing then turned to the point i felt like uninstalling it the level of gameplay went up a notch and i couldn't put it down. That final level was great especially windblowing people off the edge hearing them scream as they fall!.

Also that end cutscene wow, loved how they did that. Not sure i'd give this game GOTY but i'd rate it atleast 8/10!

Finished it, what an epic game, what started off so amazing then turned to the point i felt like uninstalling it the level of gameplay went up a notch and i couldn't put it down. That final level was great especially windblowing people off the edge hearing them scream as they fall!.

Also that end cutscene wow, loved how they did that. Not sure i'd give this game GOTY but i'd rate it atleast 8/10!

This way...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18391878

:)

I finished it earlier, started out all stealthy and only knocking people out. But then the story drew me in and I became a murderous wraith, blink in, sowrd to the throat or gun to the face, blink out before I'm spotted. The end cut scene has made me decide to play through again, only this time I'm going to try for minimal body count.

Im on the last level now... itching to finish it to a certain extent, doing the whole stealthy-sneaky-knock people out thing...

Can't wait to go through blasting everyone in the face with a pistol after spring-razor trapping their buddies to death, and lobbing exploding whale oil down onto unsuspecting guards from rooftops :D

Went full ninja mode first time round..I was lie a ghost man..didn't see me and I done my stuff and rolled out all quiet !

2nd time around I'm bringing a huge coating of chaos to Dunwall and it's inhabitants!

On a more serious note, Dishonoured did actaully feel and play like an update of the 1st Deus Ex, It was more like Des Ex than Human Revolution.

Back
Top Bottom