Dishonored - Thread

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...ws/dishonored-dunwall-city-trials-dlc-1399037

Announced on Bethesda blog the Dunwall City Trials will arrive simultaneously on PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360.
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials, being released in December for around £3.50 (or 400 Microsoft Points), will include 10 challenge maps that will test and track your combat, stealth and mobility skills. Ten distinct trials await challengers – including an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, a gravity-defying run of drop assassinations, and a race against the clock. Dunwall City Trials also features a whole new set of achievements and trophies as well as a global online leaderboard that will establish the greatest assassins for each challenge.
Meh.....quality of dlc has really gone to pot

The second and third add-ons for Dishonored will be coming in 2013 and will each feature story-driven campaigns. Pricing on these two packs will be revealed closer to launch.

Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as ‘The Whalers’, will be the focus of the second add-on pack, scheduled for release in early Spring 2013. Make your way through new Dunwall locales and discover Daud’s own set of weapons, powers and gadgets in this story-driven campaign. How you play and the choices you make will impact the final outcome…
Additional story details on the third add-on pack will be revealed closer to its launch next year.
Well ok, that is a bit better:)

Only thing I don't like is seperate campaigns, I would prefer add-ons to the main game tbh, and I don't really want to be playing as another character

Well, that's me just finished (18 hours!) and totally enjoyed every minute. Was doing really well as a sneaky Ninja type until mission 7 when I completely lost the plot and just ******* everything in site.
didn't check to see if weevers counted as kills
Chaos count went from low to through the roof and I got the relevant ending. Dunwall is now a bit of a mess..

I thought it was a fantastic game. Very very well done, I hope for a dishonored 2 tbh. 2nd games are always improvements over the first they can definitely do another storyline.

Loved the graphics too.

Amazing game.

Took me 21 hours to complete and I didn't explore absolutely everything but I did take a little time to take in the atmosphere in some bits.

Do like the chaos system tho don't think it was taken as far as they could, they also don't seem to have taken into account that you can use stop/slow time to fudge some of the outcomes that seem to be designed to be live/die options and nothing inbetween (the ending being a noteable exception).

You can take the high chaos route but use time slowing (or other methods) to get an intentional half-way between the 2 intended endings.

Definitely get your moneys worth tho it fell a little short of my expectations but thats something they could address with some proper decent DLC (and not this time trial rubbish).

It's MUCH better than loads of other games in the past few years, but still has massive flaws. Story was decent, though frequently very very obvious what was coming, powers were good in theory, though much like Bioshock I barely used time/rats(at all)/wind, dark vision/blink are all you need and give you unlimited power usage basically.

I found it felt very natural and familiar to play, hard to explain but playing it brought back all those moments of playing thief 2, deus ex, bioshock, batman AA, etc. tho it lacked the scale of thief 2 or the depth of deus ex it has all the ingredients there they could do really well with a decent story driven DLC addon.

Last edited:
I found it felt very natural and familiar to play, hard to explain but playing it brought back all those moments of playing thief 2, deus ex, bioshock, batman AA, etc. tho it lacked the scale of thief 2 or the depth of deus ex it has all the ingredients there they could do really well with a decent story driven DLC addon.

Totally agree with that, i felt the gameplay and background music was bioshock like.. probably because of the ADAM powers being similar to the supernatural abilities of the assassin. Although I felt they could have done more with the graphics. Despite that it was a great game :)

Got this today and really enjoying it, only started a moment ago so just left the prison yard but so far it's excellent. The combat is superb, better than Bioshock IMO and the controls are smooth and fluid, no faffing needed like with most games these days.

The graphics are top shelf easily, maxed out with fxaa it's smooth as silk. It just feels right, just like how Half Life games feel right.

The graphics are top shelf easily, maxed out with fxaa it's smooth as silk. It just feels right, just like how Half Life games feel right.

Yeah its that just feels right heh.

My only complaint with the graphics was some of the incidental stuff isn't as high quality as the rest - I know its done stylised and all but some stuff like the low detail coins kinda detract from overall quality.

Such a stormingly brilliant game. Really every PC owner should have a copy of this.

Anyone who enjoyed Deus Ex will love it. I make it clear GOTY and I don't see anything else coming close.

I read somewhere last night that it has been confirmed that in the 2nd piece of dlc you will be playing as Daud. I can't seem to find it now though. Not sure how I feel about that tbh, I would have preferred something which makes the main campaign longer.

edit- Doh, actually it is pretty plainly said in the link I posted earlier, but I missed the part where it definitely said you would be playing as someone else.

Anyway, thoughts?

Last edited:
I read somewhere last night that it has been confirmed that in the 2nd piece of dlc you will be playing as Daud. I can't seem to find it now though. Not sure how I feel about that tbh, I would have preferred something which makes the main campaign longer.

edit- Doh, actually it is pretty plainly said in the link I posted earlier, but I missed the part where it definitely said you would be playing as someone else.

Anyway, thoughts?

Daud is definitely an untapped potential here. Love the idea of a Pointman/Paxton Fettel (Fear3?) choice of path to take.

Massive amount of potential as well to do something earlier on showing the rise to the position of Lord Protector - obviously would have to strip off the rune power capabilities but they could be replaced with "abilities" as a bodyguard. Tons of potential storylines there with some of the colorful characters documented in the game.

graphics are poor though.

playing through splinter cell chaos theory again and the textures on that game **** all over dishonoured's.

Back
Top Bottom