Dishonored - Thread

im not talking about the style, im fine with that, but some of the details on walls and floors and characters seem redicously low detail to me, like my games got stuck with crappy distance textures :/

The PC version has always been confirmed to have textures 4x higher than the console versions. As the PC version has been well optimized at 60 fps then there should be no mention of porting nonsense.

just cause it runs at 60 fps doesn't mean its not a port.

fifa 13 runs at 60 fps.

Never said it wasn't a port but when compared to fabulous ports like Prototype 2, it's a godsend. Sure the textures aren't the greatest but as I said it's the sort of game which disguises it well with it's artstyle, and I much prefer a well optimized game with a dedicated PC interface.

Just started playing this tonight and am really enjoying it. I can't believe that some people are complaining about the graphics on it though, I'm normally a massive graphics whore and even I can look past the low res textures in Dishonored due to the phenomenal gameplay.

Just about to start the last mission... I think I'm going to get the darkest ending haha. Anyone else try to play it sneaky and undetected, but inevitably kill everyone anyway? Once I had the shadow kill power, that was it, absolute stealth massacre lol!

I tried playing it full stealth, no kills, no alarms, etc. on 2nd play through but by the time I got done with the high overseer mission I got bored of doing it that way and went back to full on massacre.

I tried playing it full stealth, no kills, no alarms, etc. on 2nd play through but by the time I got done with the high overseer mission I got bored of doing it that way and went back to full on massacre.

I played it really stealithly, barely ever got detected, but due to shadow kill turning the corpses of unaware enemies to ash, I ended up killing them all instead of choking them. Ooops :D

Just finished this, Steam says I put in 30 hours, hard to believe but I did savour it and replayed a few sections.

I didn't kill anyone but set off a few alarms in the first mission but ghosted everything from then on and obviously got low chaos.

I loved the game but found it a bit easy (I played on hard) once I had upgraded a few things. Overall though I thought it was excellent, really enjoyed it.

It is a bit easy but in a way thats a good thing - I think I'd get bored of it if the enemy were too hard due to the lack of variation in hostiles.

Just finished as well. I got high chaos on pretty much every mission. Like people have said, once you get the long blink and the shadow kills it was just a massacre. I made it my mission to fully explore all of the map for loot which had the consequence that lots of guards (if not all) died. I think I got the v.dark ending.

Won't play through again straight away (too many games) but will keep installed for DLC and I can see me playing this again in a year or two and trying ultra stealth.

Awesome awesome game, maybe a bit easy but it challenged you just enough. Maybe GOTY for me....

Amazing Game!
Take a dystopian world in turmoil, add in Bioshock style character customisability, Assasins creed style motion and a Metal gear stealth system makes this easily one of my most enjoyable games in a long time.

Kill or Neutralise?
Murder or Maim?
Cooperate or Double Cross?

Some fantastic story telling, I did my normal thing of skipping all the reading tho, so story may well be even better, will find out on second play thru.
Some of the Achievements sound extremely hard but no doubt will be immense fun trying to get them.

Controls (kb+m) worked great, didn't feel like it was aimed at controller at all, combat was fluid and intuitive and the abilities were very enjoyable, the ability to macro skills together would be a very welcome addition.
Deserves the Metascore without query.

Cannot wait for the DLC, Challenge Maps would be immense, maybe even a challenge mode/time attack. This is definatley a MUST PLAY, should be a shoe in for Game of The Year.
Can't wait to see what Bethesda has planned for DLC.

It's maybe been mentioned in the thread already but has anyone managed to cure the strange jerkiness of movement when rotating to look around the game world which is accompanied by crackling sound?. There are a handful of references to this issue that I've found but no clear solutions however my Googlefu may be weak. I updated my graphics drivers to the latest Nvidia ones that were released a few days ago but if I try and update my sound drivers it tells me that I'm already running the best drivers for my system.

Despite this annoying issue which has only manifested itself in the last few days, I'm still loving this game to bits. :)

Back
Top Bottom