Dishonored - Thread

Tempted to replay this..

I absolutely loved it....but haven't even thought of replaying it since, though I really do want to at some point. I think I liked it so much that I want to give it time, so it will all feel fresh again. I might even wait until all dlc has been released(though it doesn't look like it will be integrated in to the game anyway)

What I mean is, the game never intended to be a graphical powerhouse. It has an artstyle that would age well unlike a game like BF3 where in 10 years time it would look like ****e.

if dishonoured will look good in ten years time, BF3 will definetly look good because it is the better looking game.

I stopped playing it, Metro took up my time, and with my little brother buying me Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2 for my Birthday this month, i don't see the point in me starting it now.

I absolutely loved it....but haven't even thought of replaying it since, though I really do want to at some point. I think I liked it so much that I want to give it time, so it will all feel fresh again. I might even wait until all dlc has been released(though it doesn't look like it will be integrated in to the game anyway)

Yeah, I am tempted to do a kill everything play through since it looks quite fun :p

Loving this.. Nearly there.

i decided to play half low chaos up to and including Lady Boyle's Last Party, then have gone all out Chaos. My aim to to return to that point and complete the game in Low Chaos but wanted some fun in between. Interestingly, the chaos has remained low?

Edit - are any of the DLCs worth while? I'm stock piling other games at the moment?

Picked this up in a sale a few weeks back but not got round to installing which I am doing today while at work; I thought I read something about some mod's to make it a bit more atmospheric (graphically), did I misread or is there some mods worth installing?

if dishonoured will look good in ten years time, BF3 will definetly look good because it is the better looking game.

I think he means the style of the graphics, not how mindblowing they are. It's graphics are like a twisted Bioshock, see how it fares up against Bioshock Infinite though - think this will be a jaw dropper next year.

Cool but not in the strictest sense a combo kill. Fairly much how I (and probably most others) did that area going max chaos too.

Finished this game early this afternoon, and it's a mark of how good it is that since I've actually been quite sad to have left the world of Dunwall.

Another indication of how well it gripped me is that I considered going back in for a lethal/high chaos playthrough, but the reason I didn't want to in the end is because I don't want to ruin Dunwall. I grew so attached to the setting and many of the characters in it that it would feel wrong somehow to unleash murderous mayhem and speed the spread of plague. My Corvo was role-played as the character existed in my head, and it all fit together.

This game really pushed all the buttons for me that pull me into a gaming experience.

I've been trying to get into Batman Arkham City since, and whilst I recognise that it seems to have a lot about it that makes it a good game, it just feels flat after Dishonored.

I finished this and The Walking Dead in the same 24 hour period, each of them having taken me around 12 hours to play over a fortnight.

The feeling of emptiness now is really strange. Two superb games in the same week that I am sad to have finished for once...

I finished this and The Walking Dead in the same 24 hour period, each of them having taken me around 12 hours to play over a fortnight.

The feeling of emptiness now is really strange. Two superb games in the same week that I am sad to have finished for once...

Legend of Grimrock!!!!

Enjoying this game quite a bit :) First mission was high chaos for me as I couldn't help doing the stealth assassin kills using blink. Now I'm having a lot of fun sitting back and assessing the situation, then sneak grabbing people and putting them in bins. How long do they stay knocked out for?

Also, I really laughed when I hacked the wall of light and watched 5 men run through it one after the other :D

Back
Top Bottom