Dishonored - Thread

Caporegime
Just completed this a few days ago ( low chaos)

I really enjoyed it. One of the best games i have played for a while. I did however find the last level a bit of a let down : /

It was sort of a brilliant cross between Bioshock,Half Life 2 with a sprinkling of hitman.

Associate
Top game - my (singleplayer) game of 2012.

I'm looking forward to the dlc which is coming soon - with new single players story/chapters.

Soldato
Is they any tweaks for the poor Texture loading in this game? its really off putting. When I walking say down a street I can see the wall textures loading in this is followed by a line.

dishonoredexe2013021814.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Seems to be a bug with using a wider FOV than default - on default settings the distance lower detail textures are used at is much more subtle.

EDIT: Just had a play with the FOV settings the higher you set it the closer it starts using lower detail textures :|

EDIT2: This may be tweakable with the MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize setting in the engine ini also a whole section under [TextureStreaming] but I don't have time to work out which control it atm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be a bug with using a wider FOV than default - on default settings the distance lower detail textures are used at is much more subtle.

EDIT: Just had a play with the FOV settings the higher you set it the closer it starts using lower detail textures :|

EDIT2: This may be tweakable with the MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize setting in the engine ini also a whole section under [TextureStreaming] but I don't have time to work out which control it atm.

Strange I using 90fov I don't really want to lower it lol.

I also get Stutter frame drops on the Main menu and when I first load a saved game. Its funny how all the reviews where rating this game very highly but didn't point out the PC issues.

While I do just ignore it now and in most parts its less noticeable I am really enjoying it, just wish more time was put into making the PC version better.

Edit
I have mine set to
MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize=2048
MaxProcBuildingLODLightingTextureSize=1024

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Theres also the settings MipFadeInSpeed, etc. that might affect it - sorry don't have time to play with the settings atm.

EDIT: Those only affect how quickly its reacts to using different mipmap levels and not the range they are used at.

EDIT2: Theres a guide for another game that uses the same engine here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1974930 so some of those settings can probably be used as a basis for tweaking dishonored.

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres also the settings MipFadeInSpeed, etc. that might affect it - sorry don't have time to play with the settings atm.

EDIT: Those only affect how quickly its reacts to using different mipmap levels and not the range they are used at.

EDIT2: Theres a guide for another game that uses the same engine here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1974930 so some of those settings can probably be used as a basis for tweaking dishonored.

Thanks for this will take a look.

Associate
Got this one weerk ago. I've run into that save game bug that a lot of people are having trouble with.

The first 2 days things were fine, then saves started disappearing now and again, and now it's unplayable because it doesn't show any of my saved games in the 'load game' section at all anymore.

I can actually see the save files in my Windows explorer, but the stupid game doesn't acknowledge them.

I'm slightly cheesed off at this, a waste of money, and now patches or updates in sight at all. I wonder what's up, Bethesda has been much better than this in the past.

Waded through tons of forums (steam and non-Steam), tried everything, no luck. Friggin' waste of money!

Soldato
The Knife of Dunwall

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/13/dishonored-the-knife-of-dunwall-dlc-lets-you-atone-for-dauds-sins/
Bethesda have released details of the second Dishonored DLC pack, The Knife of Dunwall. Where the first add-on, Dunwall City Trials, was a hodgepodge of challenge maps and time-trials, Knife of Dunwall will return to the game’s story, casting you as Daud, the jerkface assassin who killed the Empress, kicking off Corvo’s career as a revenge-driven murderer/magic super-troll/meticulous accident planner.

“In The Knife of Dunwall you take on the role of Daud, the legendary assassin who killed the Empress, and access his weapons, gadgets, allies and supernatural abilities. After assassinating the Empress, and forever changing the fate of Dunwall, you embark on a search for redemption. The Outsider reveals the key to your atonement, but who—or what—is Delilah?

“Accompanied by the Whalers, your loyal band of mercenary assassins, your search will take you through never-before-seen districts of Dunwall as you face off against new and terrible foes. Employ a unique arsenal of new weapons and powers that enhance Dishonored’s dynamic combat, mobility and stealth systems. In the struggle to hang onto the last shred of your humanity, the choices you make will ultimately determine your fate.”
The Knife of Dunwall will release April 16th, priced £7.99 / €9.99.

Looking forward to it....though I would have preferred a continuation of Corvo's story

Man of Honour
Depends how you mean by bad - the textures are done in a highly stylised manner which in some cases looks a bit low res but I like it overall myself.

Back
Top Bottom