Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
Much like The Missing Link for Deus Ex, I feel that Knife of Dunwall is the best, gameplay-wise of Dishonored. I spent over 3 hours in the slaughterhouse!

The levels are massive!

Btw, for anyone interested, there are some really good sweetfx configs around.... Try the sweetfx database.

Last edited:
Soldato
Much like The Missing Link for Deus Ex, I feel that Knife of Dunwall is the best, gameplay-wise of Dishonored. I spent over 3 hours in the slaughterhouse!

The levels are massive!

Btw, for anyone interested, there are some really good sweetfx configs around.... Try the sweetfx database.

yea the Deux Ex DLC is fantastic as well, the Slaughterhouse in Dishonored is disturbingly brilliant, as are those ``butchers``, they are hideous, i love killing them :D:D

``one two butcher's crew, three four blood on the floor``....how utterly repulsive !

it's a gothic masterpiece, a touch of the plague and Edgar Allen Poe, it is morbid, dark, atmospheric :cool:

i have my health on max and my agility too, max crossbow, max grenades, max proximity mines.....i use teleport only and sometimes the ``Plague Rats`` because they make me laugh like crazy :D

Soldato
Started the main game again, for the third time. Did the first level without killing anyone , and I thought without being seen, but i didn't get the ghost achievement... Must have been when I set the bomb off!

Man of Honour
i have my health on max and my agility too, max crossbow, max grenades, max proximity mines.....i use teleport only and sometimes the ``Plague Rats`` because they make me laugh like crazy :D

This is one of the things I love about dishonored (and where RAGE went badly wrong) you can get some situations and powers/weapons that are downright hilarious to use whereas in RAGE by the time you've worked up to them theres nothing left to use them on and they aren't relevant to the next part of the game.

Soldato
This is one of the things I love about dishonored (and where RAGE went badly wrong) you can get some situations and powers/weapons that are downright hilarious to use whereas in RAGE by the time you've worked up to them theres nothing left to use them on and they aren't relevant to the next part of the game.

it's strange because this game i love, but Bioshock i hated, i couldn't even finish it...most odd.

maybe the best games are small and simple, understated but highly polished, because Dishonored is definitely slick and well tuned, it's like a race car !

i've no idea what to get next !!!!!!...what's Assassin's creed like, because it looks like something stealthy next

Soldato
it's strange because this game i love, but Bioshock i hated, i couldn't even finish it...most odd.

maybe the best games are small and simple, understated but highly polished, because Dishonored is definitely slick and well tuned, it's like a race car !

i've no idea what to get next !!!!!!...what's Assassin's creed like, because it looks like something stealthy next

Started a big of A Creed 3 recently. Seems all right, but it didn't grip me. Meant to get back to it, but I haven't really touched it in a few days since starting. Might try and have a go.

I'm really temped to get KoD for Dishonoured though, but I want to hold out until the steam sale for any new games.

Man of Honour
Assassin's creed isn't massively stealthy (although some missions are) compared to the likes of the early Splinter Cell games, it's about right for me.

Keep an eye out for sales you can normally get a bundle with AC:DC, AC2, AC:B and AC:R fairly cheap, they may even put AC3 in it soon I guess.

Soldato
Assassin's creed isn't massively stealthy (although some missions are) compared to the likes of the early Splinter Cell games, it's about right for me.

Keep an eye out for sales you can normally get a bundle with AC:DC, AC2, AC:B and AC:R fairly cheap, they may even put AC3 in it soon I guess.

Very true, I'm playing some AC3, and I just go about the city killing soldiers in droves. Means nothing in the end it seems.

Man of Honour
AC3 is even less stealth oriented, constant bloodbaths that actually got really tiresome after a while because just when you thought you'd killed the last of them another guard would spot you and wade in, you'd then end up surrounded by 20 bodies and have to go round looting them all and trying to remember which ones you'd already looted :/

Soldato
Sums it up perfectly really. The game is very very easy combat wise.

If it was Dishonoured or the Witcher 2 they'd just surround you and shoot/stab you at once.

ok thanks, sounds boring as hell.

i cant think what to get next..... no idea, the next Splinter cell will be old after a week and i deffo dont fancy Crysis 3

Caporegime
Thanks to the Steam sale, I'm nearing the end of downloading this.

I understand that there's something called SweetFX. Is it a simple case of just copying all the files into the game folder?

Soldato
Thanks to the Steam sale, I'm nearing the end of downloading this.

I understand that there's something called SweetFX. Is it a simple case of just copying all the files into the game folder?

No, you also need to either tweak the config to your liking, or you can download a pre-set one from the Sweetfx databse(which is definitely what you should do, as you can tweak it from there if you wish). Also, make sure you have AA turned off in-game.

I use Sweetfx for pretty much every game I play now!

Caporegime
I think I've done it right. I downloaded version 1.4 and the 'Best Dishonored Sweet FX' from the database link above. I then created a new folder within the game folder, and saw a definite difference when I restarted the game (everything has a richer colour and bolder, darker contrasts). I'm not sure if I did the right thing with the preset though. I simply copied that into the game directory and renamed it SweetFX_Preset.

Looks like I've now got the IQ of an AMD card. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
1. Put all of the sweetfx files in the folder where the games exe is (win32 possibly?)
2. Download a preset, and overwrite the sweetfx settings file(best way is to just open the notepad file, and copy/paste it into the sweetfx settings that came with it).
3.in-game, you can press scroll lock to turn it on/off.

It is worth doing, as Dishonored is probably the game Sweetfx makes the most difference in.

edit- yeah it is binaries/win32 where the files should go

Back
Top Bottom