Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
I don't understand how so many people are saying that the knife of dunwall is short, personally I got 6 hours out of it, I wouldn't consider that short but I guess some people will just rush through it without exploring and finish it in 2-3 hours.

it's short compared to Borderlands 2 ;)

but i dont really care because i'm deffo getting it soon, nothing else new to play

Soldato
I dont know whether I like this game or not? does that sound weird.
Im only on the second mission, but the game feels massively disjointed, I dont think the sneaking is implemented very well and I just think its all a little bit mashed together.

I was hoping for a big open world without a loading screen every time you go through a door - I just feel like Deus Ex HR did all this stuff 100 times better...

does this game actually improve? or shall I ditch it now.

i take all of the above back. I just completed the game on low chaos and its pretty damn good. Not amazing 10/10 but certainly decent.

I think the first two levels threw me a lot as I was struggling to get to grips with everything but they did improve after that, for a few levels I was wondering why i was getting high chaos despite killing no-one but realised that rats etc can count as kills since they eat the sleeping.

so after that just literately snuck around, didnt even sleep dart anyone, I only maxed out 3 powers - blink, slow and possession + the high jump and I must say after that the game got a bit too easy providing you had enough blue juice.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up:)...was just about to look for it!

2.8gb

First impressions - Interaction is improved.... Helps having a voiced PC of course

Last edited:
Soldato
I have done a few of the levels in the main game without any alerts... But the first level in this must be impossible!

I have noticed a few nice touches from importing your save:)

PS. the introduction of favours you can buy is a stroke of genius that improves the whole game!

Last edited:
Soldato
stupid question do you have to complete the other DLC before Brigmore Witches ?

This is the 2nd part, but you do not 'have' to. The is an option to import your save, or start a new game at the title screen:)

... Not sure why someone would want to only play the second part though tbh.

Man of Honour
Played through a bit of the latest DLC seems fairly well polished - I get the feeling Bioshock infinite has had some influence on some of the design aspects of this DLC heh.

Soldato
Yeah, it's Michael Madsen, same as in the main game. In this part so far, you have been able to talk to people and he actually responds to them, unlike the silent Corvo!

i thought it was him.... Daud is miles better than Corvo anyway, he has a personality !!!!

Dishonored is my fav game, but i want to return to Far Cry 3 first before getting this latest DLC....Dishonored is a real treat to play, but it's something to save until you're really in the mood for it

Last edited:
Soldato
Played through a bit of the latest DLC seems fairly well polished - I get the feeling Bioshock infinite has had some influence on some of the design aspects of this DLC heh.

yea, but both games are very similar anyway....just like you see DOOM 3/ Painkiller in Borderlands 2 as well.... i.e flying skulls, skeletons, Knights.

Associate
Dishonored is a real treat to play, but it's something to save until you're really in the mood for it

My thoughts precisely! And due to this it took me a long while to get around to trying any of the DLC.

I'll be waiting a little longer to play this new one too :) But I'm sure I'll enjoy it more for it, don't want it to feel samey.

Soldato
i'm dieing to replay all of it, but i'm waiting until i forget what it was like, so that when i return it'll feel fresh and new again...:D

Dishonored is a small game, so it's not a good idea to thrash it to death, It's near perfection, it's an Edgar Allen Poe masterpiece.

i cant think of anything ``major``wrong with Dishonored, unlike some games i could mention ;)

this game is a real shock for the developers... a huge success, so i expect there will be a 2nd game, in fact; i think i read there was going to be a next game anyway, somewhere on IGN

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yea, but both games are very similar anyway....just like you see DOOM 3/ Painkiller in Borderlands 2 as well.... i.e flying skulls, skeletons, Knights.

Yes to a degree - the 2nd level of this DLC tho especially has a bit of a tweak to the styling compared to the main game and previous DLC thats a more definite nod to the latest Bioshock. (Not saying they've copied it or its a tribute but seems to me they've made some adjustments to design decisions after seeing what does and doesn't work and/or innovations with Bioshock infinite)

i'm dieing to replay all of it, but i'm waiting until i forget what it was like, so that when i return it'll feel fresh and new again...:D

Dishonored is a small game, so it's not a good idea to thrash it to death, It's near perfection, it's an Edgar Allen Poe masterpiece.

i cant think of anything ``major``wrong with Dishonored, unlike some games i could mention ;)

this game is a real shock for the developers... a huge success, so i expect there will be a 2nd game, in fact; i think i read there was going to be a next game anyway, somewhere on IGN

Yeah there was an interview with one of the main guys where he states they are definitely working on a new game thats related to it but its not going to be Dishonored 2.0 - I get the impression it will be built from the same game world but a very different storyline completely unrelated to the settings and events in Dishonored.

Soldato
i suppose it's hard to make a game without another game influencing your mindset...

Dishonored 2 ? yes maybe it's a mistake, because great games shouldn't really be dragged out into similar sequels, plus; i think i read that they're making PREY 2 instead..not sure

but the Gothic atmosphere/style shouldn't be wasted, it could easily make another 2 games, just different cities/ different stories

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So how is Brigmore so far then?. I'm still playing Knife of Dunwall so I'm holding off downloading BW just now until I complete KofD.

Its darker and grittier than Knife of Dunwall and a bit more polished IMO, tho if you rush the story its even shallower as they seem to have gone to greater lengths on this one to obscure the alternative paths, secrets, etc. (a little too much IMO as I worked out most of them in Knife of Dunwall but in Brigmore I could get a feel for the fact they were there but couldn't be bothered with the extra effort of working them out).

Definitely worth the money tho and quite a bit of content if your more the type who takes it slower and explores.

Back
Top Bottom