Dishonored - Thread

Soldato
Its darker and grittier than Knife of Dunwall and a bit more polished IMO, tho if you rush the story its even shallower as they seem to have gone to greater lengths on this one to obscure the alternative paths, secrets, etc. (a little too much IMO as I worked out most of them in Knife of Dunwall but in Brigmore I could get a feel for the fact they were there but couldn't be bothered with the extra effort of working them out).

Definitely worth the money tho and quite a bit of content if your more the type who takes it slower and explores.

yea take it slower and explore..... but i dont want to download it yet, no rush, because i want to return to FAR CRY 3 first...

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a marathon Knife of Dunwall session last night so will grab Witches of Brigmore now and give that a go. I'm finding Dishonoured to be trully excellent so far and the DLC stuff is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Associate
Just started this the other day and I have to agree, it's got a great setting/atmosphere. Although is the first section possible to stealth? I'm finding it pretty impossible to sneak around and not be detected which sucks as I enjoy eavesdropping on the conversations if I can.

Soldato
See, I bought this, put a few hours in and then never came back. I didn't feel the urge to play Dishonoured, which is a shame because a lot of you rave about it.

I should probably give it another chance and more time.

Soldato
Just started this the other day and I have to agree, it's got a great setting/atmosphere. Although is the first section possible to stealth? I'm finding it pretty impossible to sneak around and not be detected which sucks as I enjoy eavesdropping on the conversations if I can.

The first level is certainly possible to stealth, but haven't myself, as I always get seen at the bit where you set the bomb off

Soldato
I actually played through the original storyline using a mixture of stealth and over the top violence just when it took my fancy. :D

However in Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches I've gone all stealthy again and I'm taking my time this time around. ;)

Soldato
i play stealth, but i still kill everyone, i find it very hard to sneak past them, the desire to kill is just too strong !!! :D:D.

the clue is to hide the bodies, because if you do, nobody notices that you're around.

the game punishes you if you attack two or more at a time, you usually die instantly, so this is where it becomes a huge challenge....Dishonored is a game you play slowly, i spend ages just looking at the AI wondering what to do next.

i love the proximity mines, the ones that shoot out Razor sharp scrap metal..... you just decloak, let them see you and have a good laugh as they charge at you.... you can kill loads like this.

in real life you'd suspect a trap of some sort, but not from these Dumbasses, they just run at you !!!!

Last edited:
Associate
I've played at least twice through each level, if only to see the differences with high and low chaos.

However, both times are also stealthy - i can't bring myself to brazenly shoot a guard in the face - a blade in the neck seems more satisfying. :)

Soldato
I've played at least twice through each level, if only to see the differences with high and low chaos.

However, both times are also stealthy - i can't bring myself to brazenly shoot a guard in the face - a blade in the neck seems more satisfying. :)

the gun is far too loud, it's stab and hide the body, unually in the rubbish bin:D

with his m8 close by looking the other way, i usually kill one bloke whilst watching the other, just in case i have to quickly run off, i usually get seen though, but it is great when you dont, it's the most satisfying/ intelligent gaming that i've ever had and by quite a long way...but the Daud DLCs are the best part

but why it's so good needs studying, because it isn't obvious why, it's probably so good by mistake !!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
no, not unless you mod the pistol later on, otherwise it's pretty useless...it's too loud, it attracts loads of others, because the AI in this game runs at you very quickly, they dont wait for you at all.....

i've started replaying last night.... it's not going well, i keep pressing the wrong keys. :confused:

those Butcher guys are very hard to get behind if they've already seen you, they turn around instantly and that spinning blade kills you quickly.

that Whale Slaughterhouse is the best area in the game but it's too sparse inside, it could do with twice the AI !!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished it last night on low chaos, I was going for a no leathal playthrough but when I checked my achievements I noticed I'd accidently re-wired an electric gate and a guard bumbled into it.:mad:

Going to leave the DLC and get them on the christmas sale or something, but if they are as good as the main game I'mn going to enjoy them a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom