Divinity: Original Sin 2

Soldato
Started again this morning for our coop play through as teammate wanted to change class, just put 11 hours in with a few breaks and got to Driftwood, some parts I've really enjoyed others have had me nearly smashing my head against the desk in frustration, not played a game that does all that in years.

Soldato
13 hours played so far and I am now out of the first area Fort Joy. Still seems like I could have spent a while more there but game is urging me to move on. I am playing a Wizard with Fane, The Red Prince and Beast in my party. Working well at the moment but I may drop the Beast for a healer if I can find one. DOS1 I found that I had to start a lot of fights again due to RNG, but DOS2 I am not finding this at all. Great stuff!

Soldato
How does everyone rate the companions as characters?

I rate all of them pretty high tbh. Beast is probably the best of them, but none of them are duds imo. They all seem really well written and well implemented in to the game and I'm interested in seeing more of all of them. I really like how you can play the game with any if them as your main character too... I like that very much!

In terms of combat I haven't really played enough to judge them, but I'm finding Lohse a pretty strong summoner/healer

Soldato
I really liked the look of the original game got it at launch but never got far :( found the intro a bit of a slog? Solving a murder I think? And wasn't really sure what I was doing. Always get the feeling I'm missing out and should try again!

Man of Honour
Lol, 30 hours played now and we have just reached a dungeon in our co-op game which looks SOOOO much like a dungeon from the Dungeon Keeper series of games. The aesthetics of the dungeon are superb, it really does look exactly how you imagine an AD&D dungeon would look in reality. Game just gets better and better.

Permabanned
13 hours played so far and I am now out of the first area Fort Joy. Still seems like I could have spent a while more there but game is urging me to move on. I am playing a Wizard with Fane, The Red Prince and Beast in my party. Working well at the moment but I may drop the Beast for a healer if I can find one. DOS1 I found that I had to start a lot of fights again due to RNG, but DOS2 I am not finding this at all. Great stuff!

I use Beast and made him a cleric. :) Unsure if you can ever respec or respec companions....

Last edited:
Soldato
Atm I've got -

Lohse as a healer/pyro
Ifan as a ranger
Beast as a tank/geomancer.

And the ones I don't use much

Red Prince is a Knight(too similar to beast)
Sebille is a rogue (too similar to my character)

I would respec if I could.

Edit - have I missed any companions? It kind of feels like there were more origin character to choose from

Last edited:
Soldato
I really liked the look of the original game got it at launch but never got far :( found the intro a bit of a slog? Solving a murder I think? And wasn't really sure what I was doing. Always get the feeling I'm missing out and should try again!

Some of the "puzzles" really aren't very obvious at all. Worth consulting a guide for the exact parts you feel there's probably something else you need to do rather than giving up :) Alternatively, look at the map at areas you haven't explored very well. Often it's a wee corner you hadn't looked at that opens the access to somewhere else.

Associate

I found it exactly the same.

I've just reinstalled to give it another go. As you say, feels like I'm missing out otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom