Divinity: Original Sin 2

Man of Honour
Thanks, might as well skip the first then.

At least I can join in the discussions as we play through it then too.

Yeah, you arent missing a huge deal, Div2 is set something like 1000 years after the first I think, there is the odd mention of something from Div1 but its nothing that really means you need to have known the events of Div1.

Associate
Yeah, you arent missing a huge deal, Div2 is set something like 1000 years after the first I think, there is the odd mention of something from Div1 but its nothing that really means you need to have known the events of Div1.
Original Sin is still a really great game though... I imagine once you've played this you'll go back and play the first one as well!

That's a plan.

Just bought OS2 and downloading now.

Soldato
This is not really a spoiler, just mentions some things about the Hollow Marsh

I've explored pretty much the whole area and only just been to the sanctuary place... Looks like I probably should have come here straight after leaving Fort Joy as you you get access to lots more skills, Items and quests etc. I've been struggling through when I could have been much more powerful if I'd just come here first!

Soldato
One thing that is annoying me - I'm playing as an undead that is disguised so no one can tell... How come so many enemies start casting regeneration and such on me?

Soldato
That's a really good question Pighardia but I guess the answer would be the same as when we use examine to check the enemy out in a fight. Maybe until they use that skill/ability they think Fane is just normal but once in a fight and they use it, they know but am already in a fight with you :)

Soldato
Damn last night was the first time we got royally steamrolled:

Fire boss in act 2 on the left side of the map in the lava, wiped 2 of our team out before the first round was over, tried her several times but couldn't get her down. Left her there and gone off to do other stuff and hopefully come back and kill her.

Soldato
I couldn't wait to get home from work to play it again today!

I have just left the island and I've just respecced a few characters though tbh they didn't need as much tinkering as I thought... The gear the I have got on the ship is leagues higher than what I was using!

Soldato
So I hadn't finished act 1. I thought I had, but just did... Wow. Really tough fight to end it. Plus(massive spoiler for end of act 1)

woah... They just killed half of my companions!

Ballsy Larian. Really ballsy.

I suppose with the way the story has been set up, most probably need to die before the end, but wasn't expecting that at all! It is refreshing that they would just do that, and it adds replayability, but at the same time I would have liked to have more companions to choose from.

Really cool moment though!

Associate
I had a little break from the main campaign and had a good play with the Game Master mode last night, I really like what I've seen tried so far... being able to import maps/images is probably one of my top features, that and the fact is has Workshop/modding support.
I haven't tried running a live session with any players so no idea how chaotic it'll be to manager with people, but the tools for creating a campaign are really easy to use and there's a lot of customisation.

Man of Honour
41 hours played in our Co-op campaign so far and we have just completed Act 1. Pretty good value for money that on the £ per hour scale. More hours in that one act than many games have in their entirety.

Soldato
Anyone getting to grips with the crafting?... It is almost as impenetrable as the first game!

I'm using cooking fairly well. You can make items that get you some useful resistances.

The ui for crafting isn't great though.

Overall, the crafting is well done. It is by no means essential, but you can use it if you need it, which is as it should be imo.

Associate
Any tips on class and party makeup? I didn't play the first game so coming in to this completely fresh.

I don't get a lot of time to game so don't want to waste 20-30 hours before hitting a brick wall and starting over.

Soldato
Some basic tips for just starting out-

Spec someone as a healer, but maybe give someone else hydrosophist as well so they can heal.
Have one member with the pet pal skill so they can talk to animals.
One with thievery so they can open locks.
Probably focus on 3 skills for each character. For example, my main character focuses on Scoundrel, summoning and dual-wielding. Another is warfare, geomancer, one handed.

In terms of combat, just experiment. You can respec at the end of act one if you need to tweak anything.

Soldato
Just lined myself up for what looks like the last battle of Act1. Not going to spoil it but is going into the fight at lvl7 going to be ok?

I took down the Voidwalker on my first attempt. It wasnt too bad but I did use 5 resurrection scrolls on party members. When I can respec I will ensure I spec a healer. :)

Back
Top Bottom