Divinity: Original Sin 2

Soldato
A small hotfix patch has just gone live to solve the small save-game bug.

I'm going to reroll and start fresh, spent a good few hours in the start up area but felt I've missed tons of stuff.

So is this going to be game of the year ?

Soldato
So is this going to be game of the year ?
There is only this and Dishonored 2 for me. Nothing else worth mentioning as far as I'm concerned. Two games that give you the tools and let you play around and do practically whatever you want. Miles ahead of most of the Tomb Raider/Naughty Dog type garbage being pushed out that basically play themselves.

I am expecting something special with Assassin's Creed Origins, but I don't think it will be in this league.

Soldato
Spent a few more hours on this now. Finding the lack of a healer harder as I progress. I am reliant of Resurrection Scrolls too much I think. I have done some tough battles already and although I am winning, its quite hard and very close sometimes. Tempted to restart now I understand the game more, but then do I really want to repeat the first 10 hours over again? I have got some interesting gear now so not looking to give it up.

Does anyone know if I went and changed a companion for another, that the new companion gets to be the same level as you? I am level 6 with my main companions but if Loshe is a healer it could be good to get her, but don't want a level 1 healer though.

Soldato
Got 24 hours played now since launch, I think we're approaching the end of 'act 2' still got loads left to do but I think we'll do the the same as act 1 where we leave whatever we haven't finished for the sake of progression:

Our setup is:

Me = Beast / fighter tank build
Coop Partner = Undead elf / Conjurer
Loshe = Healer / support build
Fane = AOE elemental damage.

Man of Honour
There is only this and Dishonored 2 for me. Nothing else worth mentioning as far as I'm concerned. Two games that give you the tools and let you play around and do practically whatever you want. Miles ahead of most of the Tomb Raider/Naughty Dog type garbage being pushed out that basically play themselves.

I'm right with you on this one..Divinity 2 has now become my no.1 choice for my personal Game of the Year 2017. Now, there is still 3 months of the year to go, which include titles like Total Warhammer 2 and Destiny 2, but right now Divinity 2 is in the driving seat. This game has been utterly superb so far, especially in co-op. After Divinity Original Sin 1 and now this, if Larian start up a Kickstarter campaign for a Divinity 3 they can have my money in an instant.

Soldato
I have read today that you can respec your characters at the start of Act2 - if true that will be nice as I have made a few mistakes, not massive but annoying, and want to rectify.

Soldato
I have read today that you can respec your characters at the start of Act2 - if true that will be nice as I have made a few mistakes, not massive but annoying, and want to rectify.

You can, it's not a one time deal either we switched builds around 3 times yesterday. (Don't want to give away where you do it as it'll spoil the story)

Associate
Having so much fun playing this COOP.

We're playing it on tactician and some of the fights are really difficult! Finally beat the gang leader holding the elf in the first city although I think there must have been an easier method. Some fights are taking 15 minutes or so!

Wayfarer
Conjurer
S/S Fighter
Cleric

Associate
I've never delved into the strategy RPG genre. I've always gravitated towards action RPGs like Borderlands, Fallout 4, Skyrim and Witcher 3.
Having said that, the popularity of this game has intrigued me. Is it worth a punt? Is it possible to play as just the one character throughout?

Associate
My party lineup:
Me - Human Paladin (Warfare, Two-Handed Weapons & Hydrosophist)
Beast - Dwarf Battlemage (Warfare, Dual-Wielding, Hydrosophist & Aerotheurge)
Sebille - Elf Rogue-Ranger (Scoundrel, Sneaking, Dual-Wielding & Huntsman)
Fane - Undead Elemental Wizard (Pyrokinetic & Geomancer)

My character is the primary melee damage dealer in the party with the ability to do some support healing, Beast is the primary healer and acts as a bit of a tank, Sebille is my primary ranged combatant (she has some healing as well) and Fane just goes to high ground to blast everything with his wands.
Fane also has the the ability teleport people/objects so with him being placed in a vantage point, he can provide some useful crowd control.

Void walker fight is an arse!
So far, that fight and the arena fight are the only two that have really pushed my party to the brink.

Man of Honour
I've never delved into the strategy RPG genre. I've always gravitated towards action RPGs like Borderlands, Fallout 4, Skyrim and Witcher 3.
Having said that, the popularity of this game has intrigued me. Is it worth a punt? Is it possible to play as just the one character throughout?

Its technically possible but I imagine it would be spectacularly hard. The missus and I are playing with just 3 characters (because we want an all Dwarf party and theres only 1 dwarf to recruit) and thats damned tough in places, cant imagine how hard it would be with just 1.

Associate
Its technically possible but I imagine it would be spectacularly hard. The missus and I are playing with just 3 characters (because we want an all Dwarf party and theres only 1 dwarf to recruit) and thats damned tough in places, cant imagine how hard it would be with just 1.

This talent seems to be geared towards solo play:

http://divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Lone+Wolf

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Back
Top Bottom