• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
I notice that even if I have the Hogwarts game set to 4k no dlss and RT on and everything set to Ultra my rtx4090 is still not maxed out. It looks like it should be because afterburner report 99% of Cuda cores in use but I noticed the 4090 power draw was nowhere near its theoretical TDP. Pulled up task manager again and yep, task manager shows the 4090 sitting on 85% load, if I enable dlss quality mode then usage in task manager drops to 60%

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the game needed another 6 months in the oven IMO. Sort out the performance issues, Low RT reflection quality, Bodies of water completely missing RT, No RTGI, This could've all been done if they never announced a release date and had out this summer.

Soldato
Nah I don't think it needed a delay. The game has been delayed multiple times before and we're just nitpicking here - the game as is still look very good and performs quite well on my system and the gameplay and story is fun, it's one of the most enjoyable rpg's I've played in a while

Last edited:
Associate
Currently you can
  • run DLSS to upscale a game from a lower resolution to native
  • run DLAA to do AA at native resolution
  • run DLDSR to run the game at a higher resolution than native and output at native with better quality that it's DSR equivalent.
Is there a way to use DLSS on the input resolution to output a 'better' native resolution without manually doing it via DLSS and DSR?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate
I'd like to see proper ultra widescreen support first, instead of having to use mods/ini tweaks.

I had it rumning OK a couple of years ago, couldn't get it working right on my new system last year.
Ditto - Fallout 4 is a really odd one for me, as I cannot get it to run well for the life of me, even with everything absolutely stock. It keeps stumbling, stuttering and eventually crashing, normally before you even get into the vault.

I'll be interested to see if the updates that include DLSS tweaks end up helping that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd like to see proper ultra widescreen support first, instead of having to use mods/ini tweaks.

I had it rumning OK a couple of years ago, couldn't get it working right on my new system last year.

Yeah, almost certain the update will have ultrawide working. Not much of an update without such a small fix.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hope so, but ain't holding my breath.

They've had years to fix it, along with Skyrim, and they've never bothered with either, so far.

Wow, thry did not do it in the skyrim special edition update? Madness.

I still think they will. But we will see. Can always use the ultrawide fix.

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I thought DLSS was meant to be dead by now since you know there is the open source alternative called FSR…:cry:

Yeah I could have sworn we had a few on here saying that and also because "fsr is free"...... ;) :p Heck, a lot of the press media also had their articles of "dlss is dead" that day fsr was announced, in fact, they had that when fsr 1 was released then also when fsr 2 was released :cry: Wonder if they will same the same when FSR 3 gets released? :D

It would be a real shame though if dlss did show signs of it "dying" as even with the latest versions of FSR 2+, it's still not a patch on dlss in my experience especially with lower presets.

Soldato
Yeah I could have sworn we had a few on here saying that and also because "fsr is free"...... ;) :p Heck, a lot of the press media also had their articles of "dlss is dead" that day fsr was announced, in fact, they had that when fsr 1 was released then also when fsr 2 was released :cry: Wonder if they will same the same when FSR 3 gets released? :D

It would be a real shame though if dlss did show signs of it "dying" as even with the latest versions of FSR 2+, it's still not a patch on dlss in my experience especially with lower presets.

When I played Crysis 3 Remastered, DLSS2 made a hell of a difference in aliasing and pixel crawling while also increasing FPS. While FSR2+ is good I did not see the same level of quality when it came to aliasing/pixel crawling being reduced in the games I tested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom