• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
are these worth using or do the latest drivers from nvidia cover it ?

The Nvidia drivers don't touch the DLSS/FG dll's in the game install directories, It's up to the game developers to update the dll's but they seldom do. Updating them yourself can give some nice performance/visual benefits :)

Last edited:
Associate
The Nvidia drivers don't touch the DLSS/FG dll's in the game install directories, It's up to the game developers to update the dll's but they seldom do. Updating them yourself can give some nice performance/visual benefits :)
Ace will try them out thanks.
first time having a decent pc to game on in ten years so a lot to learn

Associate
All the way back when Nvidia first introduced DLSS, my biggest concern had been Nvidia might attempt to normalise these kind of so-called "upscaling" feature and making it an excuse to sell us all weaker cards at higher prices; fast-forward to today that has became a reality, with 4000 series pricing has became mental and we now effectively paying £800+ for what could have been a 60ti class card ("4070ti").

This is why despite everyone been getting all excited about DLSS, I still firmly believe as customers we should get raw power for our cards that we deserve for the money we pay for and not buying the DLSS hype. I dread to think one day DLSS and similar techs would lead to us all having to pay for overpriced cards with absolutely trash raw performance outside of anything that use DLSS...
these things will stop scaling with power.. unless you fancy putting a 1kw card in your case by 2026. right now dlss/fsr looks like the only alternate strategy and knowing nvidia, they are surely looking at more innovative methods to scale perf but for now we only have dlss in the public domain

Soldato
these things will stop scaling with power.. unless you fancy putting a 1kw card in your case by 2026. right now dlss/fsr looks like the only alternate strategy and knowing nvidia, they are surely looking at more innovative methods to scale perf but for now we only have dlss in the public domain

Nvidia just need a new architecture. Performance could double or triple at the same TDP's as now. It's happened before, it'll happen again, it's just harder each time around.

Soldato
DLSS 3.1.1 dll now available from techpowerup.

It probably contains super resolution for web browsers

Yep quite likely although I do hope they continue to improve on DLSS2 or as it's now known "super resolution".

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Seems weird that developers aren’t patching all their games for the latest DLSS files.

Is it really too much trouble?

I’ve seen people recommend manually updating DLSS files for specific games, which is a faff TBH.

Associate
That's not likely to happen until AMD release FSR3 with FG. If FSR3 works on all cards then I suspect Nvidia will be forced to enable it on their older cards.
Then have people complain that it works / looks like ****.

I’m on a 3080 myself and i would love that but honestly doubt its gonna happen. And AMD releasing FSR3 isn’t going to do much to change that imo. FSR is still inferior to DLSS to the point of being instantly able to tell the difference so i’m guessing the same story will be true for their version of FG.

Caporegime
OP
Then have people complain that it works / looks like ****.

I’m on a 3080 myself and i would love that but honestly doubt its gonna happen. And AMD releasing FSR3 isn’t going to do much to change that imo. FSR is still inferior to DLSS to the point of being instantly able to tell the difference so i’m guessing the same story will be true for their version of FG.

Sadly this is largely why I won't go back to amd now, there was a point where I would have thought fsr 2.1/2.2/2.3 would be "consistently" matching dlss 2+ IQ but alas as shown time and time again, it's so inconsistent and more often than not, it's more miss than it is hit. That and the ability to be able to upgrade dlss yourself to get all the improvements is invaluable especially where it concerns performance mode and even ultra performance mode being very good now.

Soldato
Any new hints that frame generation might get ‘unlocked’ for 3000 series? There’s a bunch of noise on Reddit and whatnot from oct-dec last year but it’s gone quiet ever since.

I saw a lot of the brain dead discussions people were having on Reddit and Twitter, It was a little sad seeing so many supposed hardware enthusiasts not able to understand FG has an actual hardware requirement.

An Nvidia engineer explained when DLSS3/FG was announced in a random discussion on twitter a while back.

The optical flow accelerator inside Ada is 3+ times faster than the OFA inside Ampere and even with that 3+x increase the level of latency increase is still pretty huge so if you enable it on Ampere the latency according to the engineer testing it would render the game unplayable and the "FPS" gains would in many circumstances be in the single digits, Sometimes even lowering FPS and image quality would also be impacted at which point people would then be screaming from the rooftops of how Nvidia has wronged them.

I don't doubt they may be able to do something small, And present company excluded, But the general populace has no ability to critically think so they don't understand the legitimate hardware requirements for something, They only see "More number mean more better, Me want, You give numbers now or I call you names".

Last edited:
Soldato
Even with a 13900K+6600MHz memory still getting CPU limited with DLSS3 enabled on a 4090, Wonder if this is a limitation of the CPU or an issue with the way DLSS3 has been enabled.

GoBQm4e.jpg

The funny thing is the game doesn't look cpu limited in task manager, I had mine up while playing and noticed that the game makes use of about 6 cores/12 threads but no single thread is maxed out, each one sits at around 40-50% load which makes me think the bottleneck is elsewhere

Last edited:
Soldato
TlQsqn0.png

Looks like they might be addressing this?

Why doesn't Nvidia just put the latest file into the drivers and make the game call the DLL from its driver. I'm not sure how many devs will opt in to auto updates given there is always a risk a future update breaks the game and Nvidia has no way to rollback meaning the dev has to release a new game patch

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Why doesn't Nvidia just put the latest file into the drivers and make the game call the DLL from its driver. I'm not sure how many devs will opt in to auto updates given there is always a risk a future update breaks the game and Nvidia has no way to rollback meaning the dev has to release a new game patch

If it's OTA then they will be able to roll back I imagine.

Soldato
The funny thing is the game doesn't look cpu limited in task manager, I had mine up while playing and noticed that the game makes use of about 6 cores/12 threads but no single thread is maxed out, each one sits at around 40-50% load which makes me think the bottleneck is elsewhere
HUB mentioned the intel i9 had similar issues except with 2 cores at near max suggesting a thread limit. Maybe Ryzen is just masking the limit by moving the threads about.

Soldato

I think the devs just need to spend some time with it, Performance issues aside there's multiple issues with lighting, RT etc... that need sorting out, Once they've done that RTGI would also be a nice addition.

Frame generation also seems not to be working like it should, It's meant to alleviate any "CPU bottleneck" but even with a high end CPU and fast DDR5 it's not doing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom