• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Hmm an NVIDIA technical partnership making fsr2.2 look bad. Shock horror. Just saying I do often wonder if some of this is done on purpose. I mean who'd do a technical partnership if it accidentally made a competitor technology more preferable right. No fsr 3 in Alan wake 2?

While i think the FSR 2.2 implementation could be better AMD really need to improve upon it overall as DLSS keeps getting better while FSR sits still. We do need a thread about Nvidia blocking FSR 3.0 though as it's only fair hahaha

Last edited:
I don't think there's any foul play here, it's just that FSR is well documented at being crap, until AMD and the dev work together to implement FSR properly to the most extent (Callisto protocol for example) - But a lot of the time AMD can't even get their own sponsored games with FSR right, Starfield being one of the latest examples in a growing list of FSR quality issues.

AMD is the issue here, not the devs or Nvidia, otherwise we'd see the opposite on AMD sponsored games, but we don't, in fact modders injecting DLSS into AMD games end up making the game look and run better with modded DLSS than native FSR :cry:

Last edited:
Hard to pick a single game for the best visuals though as they are all different games and have different art styles as well as setting out to achieve different things. No doubt:

- ratchet
- aw 2
- cp 2077
- portal rtx

Are the best games visually though, even without RT (obviously excluding portal since it is a remixed PT title)

I would say hogwarts is still incredible looking too with just how much detail there is in that game world, same with a Plague Tale Requiem

For Hogwarts it's a shame the RT FX were quite lackluster especially the reflections.

Hmm an NVIDIA technical partnership making fsr2.2 look bad. Shock horror. Just saying I do often wonder if some of this is done on purpose. I mean who'd do a technical partnership if it accidentally made a competitor technology more preferable right. No fsr 3 in Alan wake 2?
True!

Just look at how AMD’s parternship with starfield made AMD look bad by not allowing FSR3 to be implemented and also allowing a modder to mod in DLSS and have it look better than FSR by a mile.

No.. uhhh. Wait, that’s not right.

I don't think there's any foul play here, it's just that FSR is well documented at being crap, until AMD and the dev work together to implement FSR properly to the most extent (Callisto protocol for example) - But a lot of the time AMD can't even get their own sponsored games with FSR right, Starfield being one of the latest examples in a growing list of FSR quality issues.

AMD is the issue here, not the devs or Nvidia, otherwise we'd see the opposite on AMD sponsored games, but we don't, in fact modders injecting DLSS into AMD games end up making the game look and run better with modded DLSS than native FSR :cry:

Yep. That's how I see it also.

My worry is we have reached the best FSR can do. They need to consider doing something either better or something that uses hardware.

I would rather them do something with hardware that only works on their cards than stay with FSR as it is.

As I said before, I can get by with their weak arse RT being a gen or so behind. But to be behind on RT and FSR. That is just too much.

Nothing premium about that. So they need to forget about being a premium brand now. 7900 XTX should have been called 7800 XT and be priced £599. That is what I think that card was worth on release. Would have sold very well at that price too.

Last edited:

What's the excuse for all of amds sponsored titles where dlss still looks superior?

Where's FSR 3 in all the amd sponsored titles?

It's down to how amd have created fsr and basically thrown it over the fence for the community and devs to get the best from it (as they do with everything of theirs), after all "because it's open source and open source is soooo good!!!", you had devs asking on fsr github page how can end users swap out versions like we do with dlss and they came back saying, you can't, because it's down to the developer on how to implement it within their game and there are various ways to do it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, throwing something over the fence and then expecting the devs to figure the **** out themselves and get the best from it is never going to work well in the development space.

My worry is we have reached the best FSR can do. They need to consider doing something either better or something that uses hardware.

I would rather them do something with hardware that only works on their cards than stay with FSR as it is.

As I said before, I can by with their weak arse RT being a gen or so behind. But to be behind on RT and FSR. That is just too much.

Nothing premium about that. So they need to forget about being a premium brand now. 7900 XTX should have been called 7800 XT and be priced £599. That is what I think that card was worth on release. Would have sold very well at that price too.

Exactly! And people who say they won't use upscaling on high refresh rate or/and high res displays, well then, you are getting a considerably worse experience either visually (due to having to drop settings drastically) or/and not hitting good fps target.

I'm sure they will eventually improve it or even rework it but the question is how long do people have to wait for again....

For Hogwarts it's a shame the RT FX were quite lackluster especially the reflections.

Yup that has been the only game where I turned of RT as it was broken, may have been fixed now, no idea. Saying that the whole game graphical settings were broken, high ended up being better than the ultra presets too but may have also been fixed:

4OyOB2T.png

I would do things that even borris johnson who is objectively quite disgusting, That even he would find disgusting, For a 1gig line.

I have 1gig up and down. His upload is only 100mb. Oh and his pings are much worse. I get 2ms pings to BBC website :D

I enjoy pulling mrk's leg. Especially when I know he is proud of his 1gb virgin line and takes the opportunity to let everyone know given the chance :p:cry:

Last edited:
I have 1gig up and down. His upload is only 100mb. Oh and his pings are much worse. I get 2ms pings to BBC website :D

I enjoy pulling mrk's leg. Especially when I know he is proud of his 1gb virgin line and takes the opportunity to let everyone know given the chance :p:cry:

Whose giblets are you tickling to get such speeds ?

I'm on FTTP 900Mbps up and 900 down as of the 21st, so ner, and all for £25 a month :p

Damn that's nice, Currently on ADSL so the fastest I can get for £27.99 per month is 24Mbps down and 1Mbps up, Middle of next month I'm getting FTTC so will get 100Mbps down and 10Mbps up... no more waiting for 720P YouTube videos to buffer :D

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TNA
I'm on FTTP 900Mbps up and 900 down as of the 21st, so ner, and all for £25 a month :p

Mine is £25 but with £200 cashback :p

Do a ping to BBC website, let's see what you get. Community Fibre have their own network so it is very good. None of the is using Openreach nonsense :p

I am saying all this, but if I sell this house to move to a bigger one in the future, might end up with Virgin again :cry:

While i think the FSR 2.2 implementation could be better AMD really need to improve upon it overall as DLSS keeps getting better while FSR sits still. We do need a thread about Nvidia blocking FSR 3.0 though as it's only fair hahaha
Is that not why FSR3 has been released to try and improve over FSR2.x or are the two technologies seperate streams of development? I agree we need that thread so that we can have hundreds of pages of back and forth and get absolutley no where fast. haha.

I don't think it is crap. It's ceratinly not amazing but it does a job. I've used a few games with FSR and most have been fine. Only one I noticed any sort of shimmering was CP2077. It's not as good as DLSS but from that video review saying it was fundamentally broken, hmm it just doesn't sound right. Seems odd to me. I mean Nvidia wouldn't have exactly sat down and said to the devs "OK chaps we also need this to run just as well on AMD hardware". So there has to be some sort of advantage to working in partnership to let one companies tech really shine. Perhaps I'm getting cynical in my old age lol.

True!

Just look at how AMD’s parternship with starfield made AMD look bad by not allowing FSR3 to be implemented and also allowing a modder to mod in DLSS and have it look better than FSR by a mile.

No.. uhhh. Wait, that’s not right.
I do wonder why FSR3 didn't arrive with Starfield. Does it need though? I'm getting an average of 102FPS with it. Perhaps it was just bad timing - would have meant delaying the game further? Who knows.

Yep. That's how I see it also.

As I said before, I can get by with their weak arse RT being a gen or so behind. But to be behind on RT and FSR. That is just too much.

Yeah a hardware solution would be interesting.

What's the excuse for all of amds sponsored titles where dlss still looks superior?

Where's FSR 3 in all the amd sponsored titles?
DLSS is superior - I was just questioning the review saying it was badly broken and perhaps there was some foul play because I've not experienced anything that horrendous to date with FSR2.x. Don't ask me about FSR3, I've seen some titles recently but I can't keep up with all the acrynoms. I just want a button that says "make game go faster".

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom