• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

A native DLSS implementation will always perform much better than a DLSS mod. Thats why I refuse to pay for that DLSS mod they were selling for Starfield

Last edited:
I think it would have performed the same tbh due to how relatively simple it is to add DLSS to a game since Nvidia do most of the legwork anyway. The reason the performance is so good now is because aside from DLSS tech being baked in by the devs, they also actually optimised both GPU and CPU usage in the beta update, so naturally everything seems amazing about the performance now. They also fixed various GFX visual bugs as noted in the changelog.

So the use of DLSS now results in the expected fps gains whereas before it wasn't making sense with or without any upscaler, not just a DLSS mod.

Edit*
And one of the free DLSS mods before even integrated the DLS, Frame Gen etc into the GFX settings which I showed before:

Mod:
jroo3N7.jpg

Beta (now):
EpkgiNr.jpg

So the mod was actually more comprehensive lol.

Last edited:
No... The free one was also DLSS 3, see screenshot above. There were multiple DLSS mods, some were just DLSS 2, others like the above were DLSS 3 as well with full integration and selections for DLSS preset/mode etc.

Last edited:
It's 14 minutes long! is it worth watching for comedy value? :p

That but also good to see the reflex figures and recommendations on best setup when it comes to fps limiters and so on. So seems like if the game has reflex (which most do now thanks to streamline), still best to use just this and no FPS limiters.

Is he back for good? Like his content.

Doubt we'll see much content as he unfortunately only seems to focus on competitive shooter games like OW, apex. Shame as would be good to see a broader range of games with regards to what provides the lowest latency and smoothest experience.

Gotta say im a little impressed with DLSS on Starfield. Haven't played the game since i completed it but with the DLSS implementation now and FG im getting around 165fps inside the ship walking around.

Jensen definitely made a very questionable deal involving him, Spandex and glory holes with some dark elder gods for DLSS and Frame Generation.... FYI he is the glory hole for the elder gods.

I wonder if the noise/grain issue is down to him still using those god awful lut filters or/and having sharpening etc. turned up as can't see that on my game.

Almost certainly is, and he'susing the wrong DLSS mode pre-patch as well. The best one is the fully integrated DLSS mod that puts all DLSS features into the GFX menu like the one I showed ages ago. That also has no issues with sharpness or noise or anything, it's just 100% pure quality whatever the presets for DLSS used from what I tested.

The patched game now uses the same approach just not with as many custom options to pick from like DLSS preset mode and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom