• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Northlight engine is bespoke and no other modern game uses it in its current version (the last being Control) so it;s impossible to know how "good" FSR in it will be until a game comes out supporting it. FSR needs quite a bit of integration to games to get the best out of it, this means AMD need to play a part in this. As mentioned and as documented, AMD can't even get that part right on their very own sponsored games. So again, this is an AMD issue, nothing to do with a specific dev or Nvidia saying let the other side slip, because they simply don't need to do that because FSR is at the baseline, worse than DLSS anyway so there's no need to be all sneaky when the other side are creating own goals all by themselves anyway.

Besides all that, the same shimmering and stuff with FSR exists on the consoles in Alan Wake 2, and they use AMD hardware, so what part of Nvidia had a play in telling them to goose the console versions too? :p :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Northlight engine is bespoke and no other modern game uses it in its current version (the last being Control) so it;s impossible to know how "good" FSR in it will be until a game comes out supporting it. FSR needs quite a bit of integration to games to get the best out of it, this means AMD need to play a part in this. As mentioned and as documented, AMD can't even get that part right on their very own sponsored games. So again, this is an AMD issue, nothing to do with a specific dev or Nvidia saying let the other side slip, because they simply don't need to do that because FSR is at the baseline, worse than DLSS anyway so there's no need to be all sneaky when the other side are creating own goals all by themselves anyway.

Besides all that, the same shimmering and stuff with FSR exists on the consoles in Alan Wake 2, and they use AMD hardware, so what part of Nvidia had a play in telling them to goose the console versions too? :p :p
Don't you dare burst my conspiracy bubble!

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Starfield seems to be a marmite type of game, you either love it or hate it. It's a 50/50 split with my mates. I have not tried it myself as i think it might be too slow paced for me.

Last edited:
Starfield seems to be a marmite type of game, you either love it or hate it. It's a 50/50 split with my mates. I have not tried it myself as i think it might be too slow paced for me.

If it was more wild west themed ala Firefly, I'd get into it but it's just the usual cheap feeling Bethesda game.

Last edited:
Played it for 2-3 hours, Got very bored and uninstalled, Glad I only paid £1 through GamePass :D
Think yourself lucky, I bought the premium thinking it was gonna be amazeballs. 30+ hours later, t was not amazeballs:p

What I REALLY want is a Firefly/Serenity type-space western shooter. That would be so so good.

Last edited:
Think yourself lucky, I bought the premium thinking it was gonna be amazeballs. 30+ hours later, t was not amazeballs:p

What I REALLY want is a Firefly/Serenity type-space western shooter. That would be so so good.

From not normally pre-ordering diddly squat, I've been burned by Starfield and Forza Motorsport.

Going back to waiting until a game has been out for a while, with proper non-shill reviews.

Don't love or hate it myself. I enjoyed the Fallout style play. But they fell short with all the space stuff. So much so that looking back I am not sure why they bothered. Too much copy paste.

I got my moneys worth out of it. But this one will need a lot more content to get me back in. Mods and dlc to the rescue :)

I’m not that big of a fan of the scifi space formula either. Love their elder scrolls franchise though. Shame it was this instead of ES. We’ll have to wait another 10 years for ES6.

Back
Top Bottom